dealer installed 1 H rated - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-14-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Default dealer installed 1 H rated

hit a bump really hard and ended up with impact bubble. went to dealer to have car checked out. they installed one new tire, front left

2015 K900 Luxury VIP - 40,000 miles; new tires installed by same dealer when I purchased it 5500 miles ago. they installed 4 new OEM Hankook Optimo H426

today they installed one replacement Kumho Crugen L33. It's rated 98H. original front tires are rated 98V

should I complain?

or is it OK.. reviews on the Crugen indicate it's a much better tire than the Hankook.

thanks!
post #2 of 4 Old 09-18-2019, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

Tough call. The OEM Hankooks are garbage. (creates wheel shake, wears out quickly, etc). But I do not like having 1 tire a different type from the other 3. I would think that might even exaggerate the issues to be even more noticeable, especially on a front tire.

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
post #3 of 4 Old 09-19-2019, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

update...

contacted dealership and the service manager said the tire they put on the car is not the one quoted. they were supposed to in fact install the Hankook tire. so they switched it out. they were really good about it and apologized for the mistake.

i know the Hankook tires have bad reputation, however I haven't had any trouble with them. the car runs smooth as silk for me. but then I live in Dallas TX so the terrible roads probably mask any tire issues anyway!!

further, i'm a very conservative driver, so the exact kinda driver this car was made for

RMartin
Dallas, TX
2015 K900 VIP Titanium Bronze over White interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-23-2019, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hm. Seeing as how K900's are almost unicorns, and I see one older one on occasion in the complex I work at (in Dallas)...I'm curious if you work at the same site I do. Industrial facility near 635 and 75? (I work for the 'tenant' company, if so.)

(Me: Panthera grey metallic 2019 K900).

Edit - actually not likely, I think I recall the one earlier model K900 I see here is white exterior and your description is the opposite.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page