2015 K900 Hankook Tires - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-02-2018, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thumbs down 2015 K900 Hankook Tires

At about 1,500 miles I started noticing vibration at around 65 mph. After a couple of trips to the dealer to resolve this, they decided that the tires were defective and replaced 3 of them. Interestingly enough, the one that didn't get replaced had had a flat and was patched. At about 22K miles, vibration started up again. After about 6 hours of driving at 83 mph, I took it to Discount Tire to get an objective 'inspection'. It took the attendant about 3 minutes to discover that the tread was separating on the front/passenger tire. I had the dealer come out with a wrecker and tow it in because I didn't think it was safe to drive. After the service department looked at it, they said it was out of warranty. In my opinion, the isn't a warranty issue, it's a poorly manufactured tire that has a history of problems and they know it. So, I'm going to replace all 4 of my tires at Discount Tire with something other than the POS Hankook and send them the bill. They won't, of course, pay it and then I'll take them to small claims court. There's two things I'll never buy again - Hankook tires or any Kia product.
post #2 of 3 Old 02-02-2018, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage

The warranty for the tires are from Hancock not KIA.
However KIA is the one who keep putting them on cars.
I see KIA got smart and started putting different brand
tires on the K900. Car is to heavy for the Hancock tires.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-24-2019, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Default Another Kick at the Hankook Tires...

Has there been any consensus on a preferred replacement tire for the Gen 1 K900's? I just bought my 2015 K900 last month. It came with a new set of Optimo H426 tires.
I've noticed like most folks here that they are not great tires. They flat spot overnight, and don't smooth out until about 10 miles have passed. There was also a pronounced vibration starting around 55 up through 80 MPH. I took the car into my preferred tire shop for a complete re-balance and run out check. Wheel and tire run out was within Kia's spec. They found one front tire that was out by about 1/4 OZ which helped but didn't eliminate the vibration.
My winter car is a 2003 Crown Vic with the 17" wheels and rear air suspension. Over the 16 years I've owned her, I've tried Khumo Ecsta, Continental ContiSport and currently have Pirelli P7's. Only the OEM Goodyear Eagles and the Pirelli P7s have not had a problem with flat spotting on the Vic.
I'm thinking of having the H426s replaced with a new set of P7s, but I'm open to recommendations.

Thanks,
C

2015 Kia Prem. Black w/Brown & Beige Interior. Built Mar/2015

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page