Thinking about the K900 - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-30-2017, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Default Thinking about the K900

Hello, all. I'm here because I'm giving some serious thought to acquiring a K900. It really appeals to me, but I'm one to do a ton of research before buying, so I'm in that stage now. I've been collecting K900 literature and running down all the information on the net I can find. I will probably have some questions I hope the experts here can help me with.

Right now, my main mount is an '03 Town Car. I've had several of them, and they are excellent cars--I went into mourning when production ended in 2011. Mine is still running strong, thankfully, but at some point it will have to retire to emeritus status. There's not really a clear answer to the question, "Where do you go after the TC?" I'm thinking the K900 might be a possibility.
post #2 of 7 Old 11-30-2017, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage

Not many dealers stock a new K900, but there are low mileage used out there for a steal.
The new 2019 has a make over, KIA spends so little money and time advertising the K900
it doesn't sell as many as it should.
Great car but the newer Cadenza is almost catching up for a lot less money. The one thing
which would attract me to the K900 again is if they started their own luxury brand like
Hyundai did with the Genesis.
All that being said, welcome to the forum
You can ask questions or type in a question and I'm sure someone has already answered it
post #3 of 7 Old 12-02-2017, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Yes! I'm noticing some good buys on CPOs and returned lease units. I don't love to pay depreciation, for sure, so those do interest me.

I'm surprised there isn't more PR behind the car from Kia. I think I've seen maybe two print ads and one on TV.

I imagine the Cadenza is doing well, because I do see them around. However, if I wanted to go V6/front-drive, it would open up so many possibilities that I don't think that one would percolate to the top.

I've looked at the Genesis cars with curiosity, and they are nice, but can't actually say they appeal to me. (Yes, I'm quirky.) I think part of the charm of the K900 is that it doesn't carry a pretentious badge on it. I had an uncle who loved the Olds 98, because he said you got 90% of a Cadillac for 75% of the price. The K900 reminds me of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage

The CPO is the way to go on the K900, looses to much value the first year.
Great buy as used car.
I had the 2015 K900 it was great, went looking for a new one ?????
where are they. Looks like KIA will not update till 2019.
I purchased a Genesis G90 a month and a half ago.
V8 RWD so much more tech on it than my K900,
drives a lot better, But then it is a bigger car.
I prefer the exterior design of the K900 to the G90 but the interior won me over.
The G80 is the same car as the K900. I've own 6 KIA's but switched just because I couldn't get what I was looking for in the K900, and I got a good deal on a lease
post #5 of 7 Old 12-03-2017, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

The K900 is a great car and you get a lot for your money, especially if you buy it used or CPO. I bought my 2015 with 1600 miles on it for $35k. Gotta love depreciation! Used or CPO is definitely the way to go!
post #6 of 7 Old 12-04-2017, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

bought my 2015 used a year ago; 19K miles and paid 28900. for the vip luxury; black with white interior. love it; can't touch it for the money, options, ride, and quality. former lexus owner now converted to KIA/Hyundai. to be safe if you plan to keep outside of factory warranty, buy certified for maybe 2K more or buy a good warranty for the electronics. Have not had any weird issues; one of the most enjoyable cars I've had and I am very picky and demanding of luxury cars. Bottom line; they are selling for under 28K now with low miles and are the most car around for that money.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-07-2017, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. For sure, in shopping around, I am noticing some very good deals in the used market, including the CPOs.

Which brings up a good question. Has anybody had experience with the Kia CPO program? I've never bought CPO and I've heard they vary a good bit in service and coverage between companies. Is Kia's a good one?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page