• 2 Post By maw_76

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-16-2020, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Default New Owner-2019 VIP

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I just took delivery of a 2019 VIP in Lakestone. I believe we got a pretty good deal at 50k considering the original sticker price was 66k. It was between this and a Stinger GT2 and we opted for the K900 due to the advanced technology and overall better vehicle for MN winters and road trips. I'm waiting to hear back from my insurance agent so I can get some hard numbers on what this is going to cost to insure, but they originally quoted me a $40/mo increase over my Volvo S40 based on the year and model of the car. I'm also looking into all-weather floor mats and Tuxmat and Weathertech seem to be the only games in town when it comes to exact fit mats. Overall, I'm very impressed with the car. My local KIA dealership (non-selling K900) assured me that they could handle some of the maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and the K900 carrying dealership (45 miles away) can handle everything else. Honestly, if it wouldn't have been heavily discounted from the get go we probably would've went with the Stinger, but since the price was similar I think it's a much better overall vehicle. Thanks for starting this forum and hopefully it'll become a great resource for any future questions I may have.
post #2 of 4 Old 04-16-2020, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage

Welcome to the forum
I'm sure you will enjoy the new car. Lots of questions answered on here already if you search questions.
Usually if you just ask someone can answer.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-22-2020, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum maw_76.

I've had similar thoughts. I really like the performance, sporty character of the Stinger, but also really like the luxury and features of the K900. It's a tough choice, but both cars are great, so you can't really lose with either option.

I've been looking at used K900s. Not ready to pop for a new one, but I do like the fact that the new ones get the twin-turbo 3.3 & AWD from the Stinger GT.

I think it's a good blend between the old K900 & Stinger. I'm pretty sure you'll be quite happy with it. If you're not happy with it, you can always give it to me. I won't complain one bit.

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-22-2020, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

My wife was actually leaning towards the Stinger because she really enjoys hatchback vehicles, but since we were purchasing and not leasing I thought the K900 would provide longer service due to the advanced technology. Time will tell whether this was a better choice vs. the Stinger strictly from a resale/trade-in standpoint after the vehicle is paid off. So far, I've been very impressed with the driving dynamics and raw power. The delivery is extremely smooth.
Kia-Driver and K900 Pilot like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page