Kia K900 Forum

Kia K900 Forum (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-6/)
-   -   New guy from lawng eyeland (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-6/new-guy-lawng-eyeland-5201/)

Hamptons K900 Guy 07-18-2019 12:45 AM

New guy from lawng eyeland

Hey all new guy from Long Island NY, just bought a 2016 premium on caravana and look forward to participating here. I'm Rob by the way!

Gene 07-18-2019 11:35 AM

Welcome to the forum Rob.

K9Intender 07-20-2019 12:46 AM

Welcome, Rob, We look forward to hearing about your car--the good, bad, and strange parts!

Hamptons K900 Guy 07-25-2019 02:54 PM

Had a glitch in the ordering process but it should be here Thursday, cross your fingers.

Hamptons K900 Guy 08-07-2019 08:50 PM

Took delivery of my black beauty last night a few initial observations:
1. I don't think my headlights move, are there some from the factory that don't?
2. I got a shift by cable shifter rather than the typical and more common BMW type shift by wire. Never even seen this as an option but it doesn't bother me I'm sure it's simpler so I don't mind the simplicity and hopefully better reliability.
3 Holy #&-@ the front camera pop on on every stop is annoying is there a setting or a fix for this?
4. The Sirius gets annoying when you select a station from the All Channels it then assumes you only want to look at the catagory of music in be when you scroll again.
4. Mine is pretty bare bones but last year I spent the summer driving a new BMW 750i ($150k) picking up and delivering VIPs, honestly this is a solid 80% the car and this cost me 1/4 the price.

Overall I'm very impressed. I'll keep you posted on more details.

Hamptons K900 Guy 08-07-2019 11:59 PM

Ok #3 the front camera is fixed....just the button in the center console needed to be pushed.

Kia-Driver 09-10-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamptons K900 Guy (Post 25301)
Took delivery of my black beauty last night a few initial observations:
1. I don't think my headlights move, are there some from the factory that don't?
2. I got a shift by cable shifter rather than the typical and more common BMW type shift by wire. Never even seen this as an option but it doesn't bother me I'm sure it's simpler so I don't mind the simplicity and hopefully better reliability.
3 Holy #&-@ the front camera pop on on every stop is annoying is there a setting or a fix for this?
4. The Sirius gets annoying when you select a station from the All Channels it then assumes you only want to look at the catagory of music in be when you scroll again.
4. Mine is pretty bare bones but last year I spent the summer driving a new BMW 750i ($150k) picking up and delivering VIPs, honestly this is a solid 80% the car and this cost me 1/4 the price.

Overall I'm very impressed. I'll keep you posted on more details.

My Cadenza SX-L has them (I don't believe any lower trims get them). They only work when you put the headlight switch in the Auto setting. When set to On, they don't turn.

Edit: Just checked Kia's site. It appears all K900s get them (at least for 2017).
https://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/model.../2017/features

Try the Auto setting, that should activate them. Mine don't work while stopped, or above 35 mph or so.

K9Intender 09-10-2019 09:53 PM

I believe all the first-gen K lights turn, but it's hard to see from the driver's seat.

I notice it more at night out in the country, away from the streetlights and on a winding road.

tomspoon 10-11-2019 03:12 AM

Try observing the lights for up and down movement when you turn on the vehicle at night - my 2016 K900 V8 Luxury would always level themselves when I started the engine. Oddly enough, my 2019 Sportage Turbo SX has "light bending" headlights that do the same thing as my K900, only without all the complication and vulnerabilities as the motorized K900 headlights. Did you know that the retail price of ONE of the headlight units is $5,000? And yet I still think of that car all the time and how much I miss that super luxury experience - but don't miss the worry it gave me with battery going dead - literally locking me out of the car, water condensing in the trunk eventually causing mold, vibrating steering, chrome wheels chipping for no reason, etc., etc. And my car was still under warranty and time and time again the dealer told me it was fine - no trouble found.

tomspoon 10-11-2019 03:17 AM

By the way, I loved that BMW style shifter, I don't understand why so many people criticized it. But your standard shifter is just fine, its just like the kind used in the Cadenza. Since you got the 2016 you are very lucky in that you should have a head unit with a touch screen interface. But to tell the truth, I used the control knob all the time, it was much easier to navigate than my current 2019 Sportage and 2019 Avalon Limited - I still reach for that **** knob! I remember checking when I got my car in December 2017, there were less than 900 K900's sold in all of the 2016 model year in the USA, so you have a rare vehicle.