My K 900 Trunk smells awful! - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-08-2015, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs down My K 900 Trunk smells awful!

Although I love the K 900 in general, this problem is driving me crazy! Got the car 13 months ago (September 1, 2014). The first time I opened the trunk, I was greeted with an awful smell. Reported same to dealer (50 miles from my home) early on and we agreed to tackle the problem when it was convenient for me to make the trip there. On trip 1, they "scrubbed" the trunk interior; on trip 2, they replaced the bottom trunk mat. In both cases, the smell was gone until the next morning. They have now had the car 4 days. During that time, they parked it and 2 new K 900s outside in the sun. They now report that all had the same obnoxious odor when the trunks were opened,and there is NOTHING that can be done about it! The dealer claims that Kia says it's from the materials from which the trunk interior is made, so it's not a problem that can be fixed!!!!
Let me be clear - this is not just a hint of a bad scent, but rather, it's a knock-your-socks-off blast of offensive smell that makes you turn away when you get it.
One of 2 things must be true; either everyone has this problem, or it is specific to certain serial numbers. My dealer, Lawrence (KS) Kia, expresses no interest in pursuing Kia for resolution, but this issue would be a deal breaker for anyone considering purchase of my car. I will greatly appreciate any comments and help from forum members.
post #2 of 2 Old 10-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage

I have no odor coming from my trunk and I'm from Arizona. Lots of heat.
What's the odor smell like? mildew, mold, stale water, exhaust?
Have you checked the spare tire well? Is the spare leaking the air
from inside them is bad smelling.\My car was manufactured 02/14

Last edited by Gene; 10-08-2015 at 05:30 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page