Hi All - Page 2 - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 06-12-2018, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Here is some pricing guidance: I just got a 2017 VIP with 12k miles for $34k. Put in service 8 month earlier. As new.
post #12 of 20 Old 06-12-2018, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)

Gene, you should also keep in mind that from all I've read, the new 2019 K900 will not have a V8 like the Genesis. Instead, in the US, it will only have the twin-turbo V6 from the Stinger. That's a good argument for the Genesis right there, IMHO.
post #13 of 20 Old 06-14-2018, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Question from the wife...

Is it worth waiting for the 2016's to come off lease ?

From what I can see there is no great difference in a 15/16...But figured I should ask the pro's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 Old 06-14-2018, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

The only significant difference I'm aware of between the 2015 and 2016 is the 2016 gets a touch screen for nav.
post #15 of 20 Old 06-14-2018, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
Default Thought about the 3.3Turbo

I thought about getting the 3.3Turbo in the G90, But wanted the reclining rear seats and the rear seat monitors
G90 only has a touch screen in the one search mode. Now you get to the thing I like best about the G90, Google search. Not the talk to car nav system. G90 has a button which goes right to Genesis and uses a google search. Can't beat it. never need to use the rotary dial for entering addresses or points of interest.
If you can find it on Google you can get it by just talking to it.
Genesis is getting it's own dealerships, I'm thinking that will make a big difference in service, But still like the K900 exterior design better than the G90
Just had a much better experience with service at a different dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
Gene, you should also keep in mind that from all I've read, the new 2019 K900 will not have a V8 like the Genesis. Instead, in the US, it will only have the twin-turbo V6 from the Stinger. That's a good argument for the Genesis right there, IMHO.
post #16 of 20 Old 06-15-2018, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Is it worth waiting for the 2016's to come off lease?
jetwet1, the '15 vs. '16/'17 divide is something I've given a LOT of thought to, including some sleepless nights. (Yes, I get obsessed with car stuff.) Besides the touch screen, as Zathras noted, the later years also got paddle shifters and (on VIPs) automatic emergency braking and quilted seats. (A few late '15s do have the quilted pattern.) Those things convinced me to shop for a newer example. However, do bear in mind that even when those do start coming off lease, there will still be a lot fewer of them, just because they sold a lot less. You will have a much larger pool of '15s to choose from, and in more colors. It's a tradeoff you and your wife will just have to think through.
post #17 of 20 Old 06-24-2018, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for the very late reply, work has been crazy....

Totally agree with what you are saying, I do have a couple of thoughts on the 15/16 (internal) debate...

The automatic emergency braking is a big plus for me, thankfully the wife doesn't visit here, but her driving scares the **** out of me and throw in a 420hp engine and yes, I would sleep better knowing that the car will protect her and itself when she "steals" the car.

I honestly love the look of the quilted seats.

The first one just came up in my area on Carmax, price point is the same as the 15.....So more features, added safety, same price....

No matter what, supply is going to be limited, so I guess it will come down to finding the right car at the right price....As always.

Thank you all again for the replies.
post #18 of 20 Old 06-24-2018, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
Default no to V 6 3.3T

You may be right about the 3.3 T being the engine for the 2019.
Guess I'll have to skip it if no V8. Had a problem with the Genesis G90
air bags so they gave me a loaner . Genesis G90 3.3turbo. Nice car but
mine is a 5.0 and by my thinking there is no comparing the two.
5.0 has the rear seats with recline and the monitors. Driving is just better.
I don't like the feel of the 3.3, not as smooth as the 5.0. The transmission
even seems better suited to the 5.0. Just the feel and the way it drives is
so different to me.
Thanks for pointing that out

QUOTE=K9Intender;23082]Gene, you should also keep in mind that from all I've read, the new 2019 K900 will not have a V8 like the Genesis. Instead, in the US, it will only have the twin-turbo V6 from the Stinger. That's a good argument for the Genesis right there, IMHO.[/QUOTE]
post #19 of 20 Old 06-24-2018, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
including some sleepless nights. (Yes, I get obsessed with car stuff.)

And yes, I am the same way, it takes me 6 months to figure out what "new" car I want, then I spend 6 months finding the right one, by which time something else may have come out that takes my interest, that's what actually happened with the K900, I was set on a Genesis, then drove in a friends K900, lucky for me I guess.
post #20 of 20 Old 09-07-2018, 02:24 AM

I have been cautiously learning to use the adaptive cruise. On the interstate, it seems more natural somehow, but it took me a while to trust it in rush-hour traffic. It really does work, I have to say, but it doesn't drive the way I do--it waits later to brake and then brakes harder. And you have to set the distance to the next vehicle very short, or people will keep pulling in front of you. So overall, it still makes me jumpy.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page