Hello from Michigan - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 02-05-2018, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Hello from Michigan

Flew down to Nashville to buy a 2015 K900 with 24,500 miles on. It is dark blue with black interior. Darkest car I ever owned. Although I never planned on it, my current car, my wife's car and RV are all white. My motorcycle is also silver. So, I figure it is time to introduce some color to our garage.

Few thoughts...

I am a OEM automotive interior engineer so I do appreciate the content level of this vehicle. It is crazy loaded for its price when it was new. Used ones are even more ridiculously loaded for it price. It is a great BARGAIN in terms of its content. I am enjoying all the features I thought I could never afford.

Snow... Not so good. First RWD since my Lexus LS 8 years ago. I think it is worse than LS. I am one of those jerks passing you doing 70 when it is snowing like crazy. I know how to drive on snow. So I don’t think it will be a problem. But it will take some getting used to. I also think I will be doing much passing on snowy road anymore.

I really wish suspension was bit firmer and had more road feel. I think it is the mass plus soft suspension that is making me uneasy around corners. But this isn’t exactly a complaint because I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought his car. However, bit more road feel would have made this car a perfect one for me. I don’t think I will buy bigger rims but maybe stiffer tires when the time comes.

Service was bit of surprise. 3 nearest dealers listed as a K900 dealer told me they do not service K900. Nearest one is two hours away. Luckily, according to the UVO rep, they can pick up and deliver the car for service. It is nice but I hope that dealer does not drop out like the others.

Overall, great car.. Just like LS I had before, with this car, I get to the destination relaxed and less tired than my previous cars.
post #2 of 9 Old 02-05-2018, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Congrats on a great car; bought my '15 with VIP used with 19K miles 15 months ago and LOVE it. Cannot beat the options and quality for the price; previous Lexus owner here also. Just replaced OEM tires with Continental ProContact and they are big improvement; haven't done snow check with them yet but supposed to be pretty good for rear wheel drive.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-05-2018, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Congrats on your K900! I'm sure you will love yours as much as I love mine! Just a warning, if you're used to light colored cars, you'll want to be extra careful when washing your dark blue K900. Dark colors will show fine scratches and swirl marks far more than light colored ones. Never put it through an automatic car wash if swirl marks bother you.

As for the tires, Hyundai and Kia seem to use terrible OEM tires for all their vehicles. Replace the OEM tires with Continental Extreme Contact DWS or Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ tires, and your car will seem like an entirely different vehicle in bad weather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-05-2018, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Good luck with car , just wondering how much you payed for it and does it have the VIP package .
post #5 of 9 Old 02-05-2018, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you are going to love this car.
Try the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 tires.
almost as good in snow as cheap snow tires. Try snow mode
post #6 of 9 Old 02-05-2018, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you are going to love this car.
Try the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 tires.
almost as good in snow as cheap snow tires. Try snow mode
Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 tires. This is what I replaced my OEM with; I typed Continental ProContact in error in my post! You were right Gene; big difference!
post #7 of 9 Old 02-06-2018, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem420 View Post
Good luck with car , just wondering how much you payed for it and does it have the VIP package .
I paid $28,000 and it does have VIP package. The dealer originally listed it for $32,000 and sat on it for few months before dropping it to $28,000. I bought it from a used car dealership that seems to specialize in internet sales. It is in the middle of nowhere and tucked away from the road. You can never tell it is there. They did not replace the broken front camera or had the car professionally detailed. But since it is under warranty, I didn't care.

Yeah, I understand that darker cars are more prone to scratches being visible. But I was sick of white vehicles. White is not a color. It is lack of color.

I would love to replace the tire but the cheapskate in me can't stand throwing out set of tires with good threads on it. I guess I will get used to it.

Last edited by Goon44; 02-06-2018 at 11:12 AM.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-09-2018, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Wow, Goon44, I am sure I know where your car was, and was thinking about going to look at it when it vanished. There are so few of these around that it's easy to keep track of what's for sale where.

I'm not heartbroken, though--I'm pretty sure I'm fixed on white leather, with either blue or white outside.

Enjoy your ride!
post #9 of 9 Old 04-26-2018, 05:55 AM

Hi all. My name is kyo. nice to make friend with all of you

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page