Any owner of K900? - Page 2 - Kia K900 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 Old 10-22-2014, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Red face New K900

Purchased Aug 28th---black/black with vip options 67,000+ or - $3000 discount, + $2000 additional discount for financing with KIA.
So far love the car, the V-8 is fantastic...
I took the block letter KIA badges off and put on the flying Tau Kia badges , but in reverse. No one guesses that it is a Kia. 3 car nuts like me looked at it and when I told them it was a KIA, the reply was No ZX%, TELL ME WHAT IT REALLY IS, Kia don't make any cars like this. LOVE it.
post #12 of 27 Old 11-27-2014, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Just picked up a bright silver K900 V8 VIP in late October. I test drove this actual car in March, still removing the shipping wrappings, and almost no miles. The interior is all black, and this puppy was/is loaded. The test drive, one of many, including Hyundai EQUUS Ultimates, Genesi for 2015, and Cadillac XTS. I was sold on the K900 and finally decided to go back and get the silver car. I did get concerned when the VIP package was no longer orderable, and the dealer in the Dallas area had many non-VIP cars, but few with VIP and no other silver.
Now, in late October the car was still flawless with 138 miles on it. Now mine, for cash, and a trade of a high-mileage 2006 Cadillac STS ( I did love that car, but after 7 years and lots of miles, it was time to get something else.) There was a minor issue with the back bumper, which involved some broken clips, so the dealer had it replace while I was loaned a black K900 with a white interior (did not like the whiten on black interior pieces as too much contrast and so easy to show dirt).
I did a 1,000 mile drive after I got the car, highway, rural, and some mountain scenic climb-dive-twist roads and - I love this car. Quiet, solid, handles much better than the critiques say, gas mileage was over 25 mpg.
What I have been waiting on is the forum reporting concerns and problems, just like all the other high dollar cars out there. Always so many happy new owners - Cadillac XTS is really bad - but none are present. What a great car. Seems the 1,300 owners that have purchased this model since March are happy.

Last edited by Lifer; 11-27-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Can't type.
post #13 of 27 Old 11-27-2014, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifer View Post
Just picked up a bright silver K900 V8 VIP in late October. I test drove this actual car in March, still removing the shipping wrappings, and almost no miles. The interior is all black, and this puppy was/is loaded. The test drive, one of many, including Hyundai EQUUS Ultimates, Genesi for 2015, and Cadillac XTS. I was sold on the K900 and finally decided to go back and get the silver car. I did get concerned when the VIP package was no longer orderable, and the dealer in the Dallas area had many non-VIP cars, but few with VIP and no other silver.
Now, in late October the car was still flawless with 138 miles on it. Now mine, for cash, and a trade of a high-mileage 2006 Cadillac STS ( I did love that car, but after 7 years and lots of miles, it was time to get something else.) There was a minor issue with the back bumper, which involved some broken clips, so the dealer had it replace while I was loaned a black K900 with a white interior (did not like the whiten on black interior pieces as too much contrast and so easy to show dirt).
I did a 1,000 mile drive after I got the car, highway, rural, and some mountain scenic climb-dive-twist roads and - I love this car. Quiet, solid, handles much better than the critiques say, gas mileage was over 25 mpg.
What I have been waiting on is the forum reporting concerns and problems, just like all the other high dollar cars out there. Always so many happy new owners - Cadillac XTS is really bad - but none are present. What a great car. Seems the 1,300 owners that have purchased this model since March are happy.
Congrats on getting your new ride!
Lifer likes this.

Click below to view all of the products we carry for the Kia K900:

Kia K900 Product Collection - K5 Optima Store
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 Old 12-11-2014, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default Me

Yes that was me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu View Post
It seems 105 K900 was sold in March...
Do we have any owner on this site?
It would be interesting to hear real owners
post #15 of 27 Old 12-11-2014, 01:30 PM

I purchased the first 2015 K900 at the end of march in Canada..now its December and I have over 11k km on it am thinking of doing an uber road trip to California @ the end of January!! Maybe to LA Or San Diego from Vancouver BC Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr k900 View Post
Yes that was me!!
post #16 of 27 Old 12-13-2014, 11:38 PM

Garage

Quote:
I purchased the first 2015 K900 at the end of march in Canada..now its December and I have over 11k km on it am thinking of doing an uber road trip to California @ the end of January!! Maybe to LA Or San Diego from Vancouver BC Canada
If you come to LA, please stop by our showroom of many Kia products. Maybe we can take some shots of the K900's side by side.

post #17 of 27 Old 12-13-2014, 11:56 PM

hey thx k5 I may do that..I want to "pimp" my K900 up looking at putting a blower in the engine and want a deeper rumble to my engine this is my third Kia I have owned.. the first was a 2005 Amanti, then had a 2011 Optima EX GDI..held me over till I got the K900..
post #18 of 27 Old 12-18-2014, 04:03 PM

Garage

Quote:
hey thx k5 I may do that..I want to "pimp" my K900 up looking at putting a blower in the engine and want a deeper rumble to my engine this is my third Kia I have owned.. the first was a 2005 Amanti, then had a 2011 Optima EX GDI..held me over till I got the K900..
No problem. We have a ton of stuff for these cars already. Well appearance wise anyways. I have already installed a dual exhaust cut off setup on my K900. Also had the Optima before this as well.

post #19 of 27 Old 01-26-2015, 12:46 PM

Picked up my K900 on December 31st. V8 VIP Black on Black with 6,000 miles. GM had been driving it, was repossessed in October, great deal for me. Love the car. I had my first issue today and having it towed to dealership. Loud popping noise when trying to start. Then failed to start.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VEHICLE DOES NOT HAVE A SHIFT RELEASE LIKE MOST VEHICLES, ALL ELECTRONIC IGNITION, TOWING COMPANY NEEEDS WHEEL LIFT TO SAFELY TOW.
post #20 of 27 Old 04-30-2015, 03:45 PM

Default our 2015 k900 is a disaster

I've posted detail in the warranty forum here but we have had our 2015 K900 VIP white with black trim about 6 weeks and its been in the shop almost 4 of those weeks.

The car had a defect in the parking brake system that made the car occasionally shudder like the car was hit, when in reverse and turning the wheel. It was returned from Cottonwood Kia day before yesterday with more noise than before, deep gouges in the paint on the front hood paint, loose trim inside on the floor, wadded candy wrappers under the seat, and more than 600 miles on the car since we entrusted it to them on April 6.

It went back in on another tow truck this morning.

2015 K900 White with black VIP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page