42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 250 Old 01-18-2019, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
The Audi virtual cockpit is not that configurable either at least in the standard A5. Basically I can shrink the gauges down to see more of the map, if that's what I want to show but I can't change the motifs. The S5 has a second motif that's available but prevents using the maps. The maps in the cluster is nice and I really don't find it distracting at all but the problem I have is that I can't use Android Auto for Navigation and access Audi's maps via MMI or cockpit. You have to pick one or the other when you are navigating and quite honestly Audi's nav falls short of my phone's ability to get more accurate traffic data. Even though Audi uses Google's satellite data , they don't use Google's routing prediction. The end result is that the Audi nav may get me stuck in bad traffic where Android Auto (Google Maps or Waze) gets me through quicker.

From what I've seen of the cluster in person on the K900, I like it. It's nice and crisp with a decent animation frame rate. I'd much rather have it over the standard analog gauges any day.
Fair enough. Don't get me wrong: the LCD gauge cluster is still very nice. I just would've like to have seen more done with it, that's all. We're discussing pretty fine points of the vehicle now.
post #32 of 250 Old 01-18-2019, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

All very interesting to hear, and nice to see your car, bverant. I like white very much. I'm glad blue paint is back, too--it was gone from the lineup for '16 & '17.

Is the white leather option not around any more? I think it's a pity if so. (I could be biased because I have it and really like it.)

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #33 of 250 Old 01-18-2019, 09:07 PM

All very interesting to hear, and nice to see your car, bverant. I like white very much. I'm glad blue paint is back, too--it was gone from the lineup for '16 & '17.

Is the white leather option not around any more? I think it's a pity if so. (I could be biased because I have it and really like it.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 250 Old 01-19-2019, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post

No pure white interior. The closest the offer is a beige. https://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/me...255/90-0-0.jpg
post #35 of 250 Old 01-19-2019, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Anyone in the Phoenix AZ area with a 2019 K900? WOuld like to do some research for another manufacturer. I only need to have a look around at this time, and don't need to plug in or touch anything yet.
If all goes well, we will be able to release something that helps the engine make more power. Please PM me if you are interested. Thank you!
post #36 of 250 Old 01-20-2019, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboD16 View Post
Anyone in the Phoenix AZ area with a 2019 K900? WOuld like to do some research for another manufacturer. I only need to have a look around at this time, and don't need to plug in or touch anything yet.
If all goes well, we will be able to release something that helps the engine make more power. Please PM me if you are interested. Thank you!
While I can't help you in this matter, it would be far more interesting to me to have something that disabled this stupid auto engine start-stop feature permanently. It is insanely aggressive on the K900, though I can't say if it is similarly aggressive on the Stinger which has the same engine. Just the other day, I eased into a parking spot and stopped briefly -- just 1-2 seconds. I went to press the park button, the engine had already been killed by this stupid system so when I hit the park button it started the engine again -- which wasn't necessary at all. It's an absolute crappy system whose only intention was to game the EPA fuel mileage test. There is very little benefit to most consumers.

I had tried a sliver of cardboard to hold the button down, but after a few days the car ignored it. Almost like they knew people would try this and designed it to be even more insidious.

Last edited by bverant; 01-20-2019 at 12:42 PM.
post #37 of 250 Old 01-20-2019, 09:13 PM

That does sound like a pain! For the present, I'd advise just making it a habit to push that button right after you hit the start button. I do the same with the autohold button, which is a feature that can't be permanently turned on. It's getting to be such a habit now that I barely notice it and I always have autohold available.

post #38 of 250 Old 01-21-2019, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

If you press gently on the brake pedal, the engine will not stop. Press a little harder and the engine stops.
Also, you can avoid this completely by not pressing "Park" when stopping. Just hit the stop/start button after stopping to shut the car off and it will automatically be put in Park.
post #39 of 250 Old 01-21-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

So the "Deep Chroma Blue" is not listed on the KIA website for the K900 but yet, here it is in the base model in Albany NY
https://www.destinationkia.com/new-A...S24J64K6009861
https://www.kia.com/us/en/data/deale...S24J64K6009861

The pics from the dealer look nice. I found a VIP in this color 2 hours away from my location. I would love to see this color in person. Is this color on other KIA model's like the Stinger?
post #40 of 250 Old 01-21-2019, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page