Any 2019 K900 owners out there yet? - Page 34 - Kia K900 Forum
 51Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #331 of 360 Old 09-16-2020, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bob Johnston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Default

That's well documented on the Kia website. The K900 is indeed special and only certain certified dealers can service K900s. It was sort of like certain Hyundai dealers could sell/service the Genesis model before it got its own brand. It's not a normal Kia

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
Bob Johnston is offline  
post #332 of 360 Old 09-17-2020, 12:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Default

Yes, DFW, everything you say is true, and is a good point to raise for those of our members looking to buy. You do need to check around and be sure you have a K900 certified dealer handy, or at least within reach if necessary.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
K9Intender is offline  
post #333 of 360 Old 09-17-2020, 12:39 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Default

So I ran into a similar issue with my 2019 when I brought it in to the local dealership for it's first oil change. When they completed the service the gal at the counter stated I owed them $58.50 for the service. I informed her that this vehicle is covered for the first 36k mi per the agreement with Kia. Turns out she entered my name incorrectly and when she fixed it, it showed the service agreement. This is my local dealership that is not part of the K900 network. Perhaps I got lucky, but if they covered the first one I'm guessing they'll cover the rest up to 36k.
maw_76 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #334 of 360 Old 10-16-2020, 09:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

My Genesis G90 lease coming due soon and I am considering getting a K900, especially since the 2020 is crazily discounted now.
I was trying to figure out what the differences are between older (2017) G90 and K900, besides the obvious sheet metal and badges. So here are some questions, would appreciate if someone sheds some light

1. soft closing doors on k900? I was getting conflicting info - some saying yes, some saying no
2. grocery hook in the trunk (I know, it's silly to ask, but I am used to that thingie )
3. easy entry/exit (i.e. when car is off the driver seat and steering wheel go in the farthest position)
4. is android auto wired only?
5. any wind noise on the driver side?
6. what is that notorious start/stop thing? Is that a legit engine shutdown at the traffic light kinda thing?
7. hands free trunk - Genesis opens when you stand besides it with the key. Is the trunk powered?
8. I'm sure I'll think of something else

Last edited by xbohdpukc; 10-16-2020 at 09:55 PM.
xbohdpukc is offline  
post #335 of 360 Old 10-16-2020, 10:34 PM
Member
 
K900 Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
1. soft closing doors on k900? I was getting conflicting info - some saying yes, some saying no
I seen the Korea K9 has them, not sure about the U.S. version

Quote:
2. grocery hook in the trunk (I know, it's silly to ask, but I am used to that thingie )
Not the 2019 K900

Quote:
3. easy entry/exit (i.e. when car is off the driver seat and steering wheel go in the farthest position)
Yes, absolutely. You can even set how far back the seat moves.

Quote:
4. is android auto wired only?
Wired only but I’m personally not using it.

Quote:
5. any wind noise on the driver side?
Not at all! Extremely quiet inside, double glass with added layers of soundproofing insulation

Quote:
6. what is that notorious start/stop thing? Is that a legit engine shutdown at the traffic light kinda thing?
This is an annoying function, every time I start the car I made it a habit to turn this off. This is easy fast done

Quote:
7. hands free trunk - Genesis opens when you stand besides it with the key. Is the trunk powered?
Yes, fully powered and opens when you stand beside with the key after 5 beeps

Quote:
8. I'm sure I'll think of something else
The most underrated car there is! Get the VIP, you’ll love it.
K900 Pilot is offline  
post #336 of 360 Old 10-17-2020, 10:44 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Question

Thanks for your answers, really helpful.

No grocery hook? Oh dang... I guess I'll need to install one.

> This is an annoying function, every time I start the car I made it a habit to turn this off. This is easy fast done
What's annoying about it? Does it interfere with the driving?

Another question - does it have the Auto-Hold function, i.e. breaks hold at full stop (without needing to keep the foot on the pedal) until you press the gas?
xbohdpukc is offline  
post #337 of 360 Old 10-17-2020, 11:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Default

Yes, it does have an auto-hold function.

I hardly even notice the stop start feature. The only time I ever end up shutting mine off is in the summer if I am stuck in stop/go traffic. Since the AC compressors is tied to the engine, The AC tends to send luke warm air after a while when the engine is cycling during start/stop.

Word to the wise, make sure your local Kia dealership is authorized to service a K900. Hate for you to have to deal with a "scared" dealer later down the road. Also, if you are in a location where it snows, be prepared to get some better quality tires. The OEM ones are terrible in winter weather
promethus7 is offline  
post #338 of 360 Old 10-17-2020, 04:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by promethus7 View Post
Yes, it does have an auto-hold function.

I hardly even notice the stop start feature. The only time I ever end up shutting mine off is in the summer if I am stuck in stop/go traffic. Since the AC compressors is tied to the engine, The AC tends to send luke warm air after a while when the engine is cycling during start/stop.

Word to the wise, make sure your local Kia dealership is authorized to service a K900. Hate for you to have to deal with a "scared" dealer later down the road. Also, if you are in a location where it snows, be prepared to get some better quality tires. The OEM ones are terrible in winter weather
Thanks, I am in Houston, so no snow problem, except maybe once in 2-3 years
Are you suggesting that dealers who SELL k900 might not be authorized to service it? How do I know? Can I rely on their work when they say, "yes are are authorized to service it," or is there a list of authorized dealiers somewhere?

Also, how's the stop-and-go cruise control? I owned all genesis(es) from 1st generation, and while the first one in 2007 was quite rough, the last 2 (G80 and G90) have almost perfected it, so I can (almost) competely rely on them in regular driving. Is that the case with k900?
xbohdpukc is offline  
post #339 of 360 Old 10-17-2020, 04:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Default

If you are buying new and from a dealer, that dealer is going to be authorized to service it (you can always call KIA and verify if for some reason you don't trust your dealer)). What I meant is if you have a local dealer and you plan to purchase from an out of area dealer or used from a non-Kia dealer, don't assume you local dealer can service it. I believe KIA was trying to make K900 a "luxury" experience with a boutique feel. Yeah that didn't work out, been in one service bay been in them all... Now, with that being said, any dealer service department worth their salt "can handle" a simple oil change, air filter and tires (assuming you are paying). If it is a warranty thing, a non-K900 authorized dealer wont touch it because they wont get reimbursed from KIA. At least that is how my service guy "unofficially" explained it to me...

My experience with the stop and go cruise control has been without issue. It performs exactly as expected. It ain't Tesla autopilot or Cadillac super cruise but is it surprisingly competent. On the open freeway it tracks lanes true and does not "ping pong" you between the lines. Once I timed it and I was able to keep my hands off the wheel for almost 4 min before the car warned me. That was on a wide open freeway with super light traffic.

"completely rely" is a broad term. It is good, but not good enough for me to use in stop and go traffic or the morning rush hour.
promethus7 is offline  
post #340 of 360 Old 10-17-2020, 05:08 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by promethus7 View Post
If you are buying new and from a dealer, that dealer is going to be authorized to service it (you can always call KIA and verify if for some reason you don't trust your dealer)). What I meant is if you have a local dealer and you plan to purchase from an out of area dealer or used from a non-Kia dealer, don't assume you local dealer can service it. I believe KIA was trying to make K900 a "luxury" experience with a boutique feel. Yeah that didn't work out, been in one service bay been in them all... Now, with that being said, any dealer service department worth their salt "can handle" a simple oil change, air filter and tires (assuming you are paying). If it is a warranty thing, a non-K900 authorized dealer wont touch it because they wont get reimbursed from KIA. At least that is how my service guy "unofficially" explained it to me...

My experience with the stop and go cruise control has been without issue. It performs exactly as expected. It ain't Tesla autopilot or Cadillac super cruise but is it surprisingly competent. On the open freeway it tracks lanes true and does not "ping pong" you between the lines. Once I timed it and I was able to keep my hands off the wheel for almost 4 min before the car warned me. That was on a wide open freeway with super light traffic.

"completely rely" is a broad term. It is good, but not good enough for me to use in stop and go traffic or the morning rush hour.
When I talk about cruise control, I think more in terms of keeping the distance, slowing down, and stopping gracefully, without causing any heart attacks in the vehicle greenhouse... Genesis uses 4 sets of distances, and I turn it to 3 notches - gives quite enough space for people to get in without doing some crazy stuff and cutting in, and also gives plenty space and time to slow down. I rarely let go of the wheel - mostly to grab something from the pocket; but lane keeping assist proved valuable in some fringe situations where i didn't keep my attention where it needed to be
xbohdpukc is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome