Any 2019 K900 owners out there yet? - Page 33 - Kia K900 Forum
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #321 of 327 Old 06-11-2020, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

K900 Pilot....could you point us to some written proof (other than what Shell may say) regarding added nitrogen to gas being a benefit. Also.....burning gas less than premium grade will do no damage to the Kia 3.3L turbo engine. Kia states in the manual that using gas less than 91 octane may (and only may) result in performance loss or less gas mileage but no mention of engine damage. I have both a 2020 K900 and a 2020 Stinger GT2 and I see zero difference in burning regular vs premium. With a 100,000 mile/10 year powertrain warranty, I have no worries or concerns regarding carbon build up.
post #322 of 327 Old 06-11-2020, 08:06 PM

Kia (not the dealer) told me the free maintenance on the K900 is no longer included as of the 2020 model.
I don't see it as a perk on the Kia website either.
post #323 of 327 Old 06-11-2020, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebk900 View Post
K900 Pilot....could you point us to some written proof (other than what Shell may say) regarding added nitrogen to gas being a benefit.
I am not obligated to provide anything in writing to you. I'm an MD not a mechanic and do not know if nitrogen helps to keep the valves clean of carbon build up. I see you are implying Shell is making these things up and it is only a marketing trick. Maybe, who knows? I also recommend patients not to smoke, people who smoke still get 95 years old but the "chance" to stay healthy longer is absolutely more likely for "most" people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #324 of 327 Old 06-12-2020, 03:42 PM

Dr. …….You are reading too much into my post. I did not say you were obligated to provide anything in writing to me .
I merely asked you to point myself and the other forum members to some proof of what you stated.
Many, many companies use marketing tricks on the public. Buyer beware.
Please don't be so defensive and sensitive.
post #325 of 327 Old 06-14-2020, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K900 Pilot View Post
I am not obligated to provide anything in writing to you. I'm an MD not a mechanic and do not know if nitrogen helps to keep the valves clean of carbon build up. I see you are implying Shell is making these things up and it is only a marketing trick. Maybe, who knows? I also recommend patients not to smoke, people who smoke still get 95 years old but the "chance" to stay healthy longer is absolutely more likely for "most" people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebk900 View Post
Dr. .You are reading too much into my post. I did not say you were obligated to provide anything in writing to me .
I merely asked you to point myself and the other forum members to some proof of what you stated.
Many, many companies use marketing tricks on the public. Buyer beware.
Please don't be so defensive and sensitive.
I didn't take it as an obligation either. Just a request, if there is any written proof online somewhere, to provide a link if known.

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona
post #326 of 327 Old 06-20-2020, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone, just purchased a 2019 today. I feel like I'm probably younger than most on this forum, but fell in love with the K900 ever since I sat in one at a Kia Showroom while waiting for paperwork on a GT2 Stinger. Luckily I ended up not going through with the stinger as I feel like I would've regretted missing out on this bad boy. I've been lurking on this forum for a while and really wish it was more active, but I understand there are just waaay less K900 owners out there than there are for other vehicles.

Does anyone have any sound advice for a new owner that they wish they would've been told when they first purchased their car? Looking to learn as much as I can.

Also, I've seen a few mentions about this but have many here rebadged their K900's? I think I read a post about someone sticking "K" overlays on top of all their "KIA" Badges, but has anyone successfully replaced them? I feel like the car would look much classier with the "K" logo everywhere.

Anyways thanks for any help guys! I hope to be an active member on this forum!
post #327 of 327 Old 06-22-2020, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Congrats on your new purchase!

I don't own one yet, so I can't help with new advice, but there seem to be quite a few K900 & Cadenza owners that have put on the K badges. I haven't, so I can't speak from experience, but the K does look classy.

One person reported that a woman thought it was a Lexus, mistaking the K for an L. It seems nicer to have an obscure K badge that people can ask, "What is it?" That opens the door for a good discussion.

My current budget would be hurting if I sprung for a new K900. I could do it but my wife would be stressing over lack of funds for other stuff, so I'm holding off for now.

I like the idea of the new K900 - having the 3.3TT from the Stinger makes it appealing.

Enjoy your ride!

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page