Any 2019 K900 owners out there yet? - Page 33 - Kia K900 Forum
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #321 of 367 Old 06-20-2020, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello everyone, just purchased a 2019 today. I feel like I'm probably younger than most on this forum, but fell in love with the K900 ever since I sat in one at a Kia Showroom while waiting for paperwork on a GT2 Stinger. Luckily I ended up not going through with the stinger as I feel like I would've regretted missing out on this bad boy. I've been lurking on this forum for a while and really wish it was more active, but I understand there are just waaay less K900 owners out there than there are for other vehicles.

Does anyone have any sound advice for a new owner that they wish they would've been told when they first purchased their car? Looking to learn as much as I can.

Also, I've seen a few mentions about this but have many here rebadged their K900's? I think I read a post about someone sticking "K" overlays on top of all their "KIA" Badges, but has anyone successfully replaced them? I feel like the car would look much classier with the "K" logo everywhere.

Anyways thanks for any help guys! I hope to be an active member on this forum!
post #322 of 367 Old 06-22-2020, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Congrats on your new purchase!

I don't own one yet, so I can't help with new advice, but there seem to be quite a few K900 & Cadenza owners that have put on the K badges. I haven't, so I can't speak from experience, but the K does look classy.

One person reported that a woman thought it was a Lexus, mistaking the K for an L. It seems nicer to have an obscure K badge that people can ask, "What is it?" That opens the door for a good discussion.

My current budget would be hurting if I sprung for a new K900. I could do it but my wife would be stressing over lack of funds for other stuff, so I'm holding off for now.

I like the idea of the new K900 - having the 3.3TT from the Stinger makes it appealing.

Enjoy your ride!

'14 Cadenza, '16 Sedona
post #323 of 367 Old 08-09-2020, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
So just experienced a strange issue. The car has been parked in the garage since Tuesday (3 days) and my wife went to start it this morning and it had trouble starting (slow to start). When it started it was running a bit rough. She called me out into the garage and told me it flashed a message on the cluster "Battery discharge due to external devices". Now the only thing plugged in to the car was just the Belkin USB cable to the front USB slot adjacent to the wireless charger with no device attached. I wouldn't think that the cable, by itself, would produce any sort of load on the car with or without the ignition or acc on. I know the cable has a small 56k ohm pull up resistor built-in but I'm not aware that the USB would have power while the car's ignition is off. Have either of you experienced this issue?

One thing that came to mind about the battery drain is that I enabled a feature in UVO that car greets you as your key FOB approaches the vehicle's proximity Settings->Vehicle->Convenience->Welcome Mirror/Light-Enable on Driver Approach. This is kind of a cool feature where by the power mirrors extend out and there's some lighting that acknowledges your presence about within about 15' of the vehicle. Now we keep the keys in the house about 30' away from the vehicle and there's a number of walls between the where the keys are stored and the the car itself. When my wife came out to the garage this morning she said that the mirrors were already extended out. I'm wondering if this proximity feature is the real reason for the battery drain this morning and that it's continuously hunting for the FOB as it may detect it ever so slightly at the distance we keep the keys in the house. I had her turn this feature off when she got to work and we've unplugged the unused USB cable from the front outlet. We'll see how this goes.
Unfortunately almost the same thing happened to me toady for the first time, had to open the door with the manual key, car won't start, doing nothing. I have to call KIA service tomorrow morning hope they find what all of a sudden drains the battery.

Bob, can you share your experience, did this problem occur again or was the dealer able to fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #324 of 367 Old 08-09-2020, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

It has never happened again since I disabled the welcome feature with the keyfob.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
K900 Pilot likes this.

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
post #325 of 367 Old 08-10-2020, 04:27 PM

Here is an update, was able to jump start the car, massive battery is in the trunk but jump connectors are located conveniently in the front by the motor passenger side. KIA had the car for a couple of hours today and replaced the battery, stating battery had a "bad cell". The new battery is a KIA original and has a sticker on it manufactured 5/20. Car is running great again hope that was it and I don't have to deal with this again anytime soon. They mentioned the Florida climate is especially hard on car batteries but I assume mechanics in every state telling this to customers.

Since on the 2019/20 K900 everything is electronic and the battery totally dead this was a strange situation at first, could not even get into the car without disassembling part of the door handle using the mechanical key to open the door. I was not able at all to open the trunk to check on the battery. Also I wonder, car was in the garage and if a tow would have been necessary how to tow such a car with AWD out of a garage? No wheels can be moved and if this car gets angled too much on either side during towing the airbags might deploy.
post #326 of 367 Old 08-10-2020, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Yeah, it's a **** good thing they put jump points under the hood of the car. I agree that it's scary to have the battery in the trunk and that the truck is 100% electronic controlled. I'm guessing at worst you need to get 13.8v on the terminals to at least get the trunk open with the button on the back. One more thing to remember is to not carry a lithium battery jump start in the trunk itself and leave it in the car.

Glad to hear it was a bad battery cell. My problem has not come back and the car has been sitting for weeks at a time for the last 4 or 5 months.

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
post #327 of 367 Old 09-08-2020, 10:23 AM

Garage

Things I like:

I love the car. It is wonderful. The engine is incredibly smooth and powerful, one of the quietest cars on the market. Super smooth transmission, you can go from park to drive and not even know it. Excellent turning radius, it will U-turn with no issues. Ergonomics are great & the quality of all materials used are great with excellent ride & comfort. I love the 12.3 ď LCD gauge cluster with the Blind Spot Monitors & I feel they are the best feature of the car. I am averaging 20.3 mpg since new driving back & forth to work. If I reset the gas mileage computer driving down the highway I am at about 28 mpg & I burn the low octane gas.

Everyone agrees the K900 is a great car but I wanted to list what I thought KIA should do for improvements.

My biggest complaint is there is no remote start on the key FOB. Why would a car that cost this much not have remote start on the key FOB? Even some economy cars have remote start. To remote start the car you have to log on the UVO app and this is time consuming and a pain. I have checked & no one is offering a remote start for the 2019+ K900 models yet.

Second biggest complaint is you have to enter a password word in the KIA UVO Cell Phone App every time you want to use it. Like I said, this is inconvenient & time consuming.

Once the free UVO app runs out it, the access is awfully expensive monthly. I will not continue it due to this expense.

The cooled seats donít cool as well as I like or as well as other cars. They are weak. If you want to experience good cooling seats, try the Chevrolet Corvette. I have not used the heated seats yet.

It would be nice if the car had a small radio volume knob next to the large control knob on the console.

Having to hit the control knob every time you start the car to "Confirm" you read the warning message is an inconvenience too. That needs to go.

I hate fact that within a month of owning the car, Sirius XM is already emailing me stating they understand I have purchased the new KIA K900 and I only get 90 days of a free trail and I need to contact them now and pay to extend the subscription.

The horn is not very loud at all.

The vehicles resale value drops very quickly.

The auto engine start/stop feature needs a disabled feature.

Kia should of mounted the Lane Keep button & some of the others on the left side of the dash on the console with the other like switches (instead of on the left side of the dash behind the steering wheel).

I wish the steering wheel required a little less steering effort. It sometimes feels like it is pulling against me when I have the "Lane Keep Assist" on.

The vehicle has an Accumulated Trip & Drive Trip but also needs Trip A and Trip B odometers also.

The power windows are too slow for my liking (going up & down).

The steering wheel thumb-wheels for volume and center display selection are difficult to turn up & down without pressing in & muting the radio or making an unwanted section on the display.

Even though most of these are very small issues, I hope the KIA engineers will read this forum and maybe my thoughts will help for future development. George
post #328 of 367 Old 09-08-2020, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)

Interesting list, DFW K900. Generation 2 of the car fixed some things, but looks like there are a few more to go.

Actually, the Gen 1 cars are better on some of these things. There's no start/stop at all, and the Confirm thing goes away on its own if you ignore it. I only hit the accept button if I want to use the screen immediately for something.

Both cars do share the fast depreciation, unfortunately, and the general awkwardness of the UVO system.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #329 of 367 Old 09-09-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW K900 View Post

Second biggest complaint is you have to enter a password word in the KIA UVO Cell Phone App every time you want to use it. Like I said, this is inconvenient & time consuming.
The UVO app supports the bio-metric fingerprint reader and i use it every time I open the app. Works really fast but i agree, the key FOB would work even faster.

Love this car and feel sad for the people paying twice as much just to have another brand name on it.
post #330 of 367 Old 09-16-2020, 10:03 PM

Garage
Default KIA K900 Service Visit

Now Get this.....

I called a local KIA dealer, told them I had a K900 and made a 3 pm appointment to get an oil change and have them look a a very small bubble on my drivers door panel. I arrived on time was greeted right away as I exited my car. After the service writer took down the needed information he asked me if I had purchased a maintenance agreement that would cover the oil change. I told him no, the 2019 K900 has free included maintenance. Later as I was waiting in the lobby the service writer approached me and said they had to charge me for the oil change because their are not a Certified K900 KIA dealership. He went on to tell me they could not handle any warranty claims and he suggested I drive across town to another KIA dealer that is K900 Certified. He said they could only change the oil as long as I paid for it but no other work could be done.

So KIA has this network of KIA dealerships and we all believe we can just go to the closest but that is not true, and if I had break down the closest dealership may not be able to get me back on the road. Now I am lucky I live in Dallas Ft. Worth which has several dealerships but someone that lives in a smaller town or area may not be able to get their K900 repaired/serviced. Put that in your hat.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page