Any 2019 K900 owners out there yet? - Page 3 - Kia K900 Forum
 46Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 300 Old 01-15-2019, 11:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Default

I remote start regularly with the UVO app. Seems to work OK, but it's subject to the issues of the cell phone system--once in a while it just doesn't seem to get a signal, etc.

It does have a quirk, though. If you forget to lock the doors, it won't remote start, but it won't tell you why. You have to go into the lock screen and lock it up, then go back to remote start.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
K9Intender is offline  
post #22 of 300 Old 01-16-2019, 01:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
I remote start regularly with the UVO app. Seems to work OK, but it's subject to the issues of the cell phone system--once in a while it just doesn't seem to get a signal, etc.

It does have a quirk, though. If you forget to lock the doors, it won't remote start, but it won't tell you why. You have to go into the lock screen and lock it up, then go back to remote start.
Ah, that may explain why it didn't work for me when I tried it in my garage. I keep the car unlocked in my garage and the app gave me all sorts of errors when try to start it. I just chalked it up to the weak cell signal I likely have in my area since I am in a sort-of rural area.
bverant is offline  
post #23 of 300 Old 01-16-2019, 10:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Default

Could be either or both. I'd leave it locked outside once and try it that way.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
K9Intender is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 300 Old 01-17-2019, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bob Johnston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Default

Nice review from KBB posted today
https://youtu.be/IWdFbubKpwE
Bob Johnston is offline  
post #25 of 300 Old 01-17-2019, 08:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
Nice review from KBB posted today
https://youtu.be/IWdFbubKpwE
I can say I agree with everything said in this video. I have about 2700 miles on my K900 and it still puts a smile on my face when I drive it. So long as your pride isn't tied to a badge, this car will do virtually everything a car $10k to $30k more expensive does. Very highly underrated. I certainly hope Kia sells more of them.

Today, I bought out my lease with a bank loan. Just waiting for all the paperwork to settle now.
bverant is offline  
post #26 of 300 Old 01-18-2019, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bob Johnston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bverant View Post
I can say I agree with everything said in this video. I have about 2700 miles on my K900 and it still puts a smile on my face when I drive it. So long as your pride isn't tied to a badge, this car will do virtually everything a car $10k to $30k more expensive does. Very highly underrated. I certainly hope Kia sells more of them.

Today, I bought out my lease with a bank loan. Just waiting for all the paperwork to settle now.
Very cool to hear you're that happy with it. There really has not been a negative review on this car.
AlexOnAuto's review pretty much sold me on it. https://youtu.be/JS4EVpCKgHU (his only ding was on the Pimacy tires)
Redline reviews gave it fairly good praise https://youtu.be/Y2xI0tVDiv4 except the exterior styling (which I actually like)
There's been a few reviews from Edmunds and other but they were on the K9 Korean spec.

I guess right now the only thing to consider is what the color(s) should be. Most of what's in inventory around us in the VIP package is white/black and black/black. I have seen a white/brown and also a Panthera metal/black. I was able to actually see the black and panthera metal side by side and I have to say that the black looked bit better. The panthera metal does not look as "cool" as the black.

The one color I would love to see in person is the Lakestone (blue). The closest Lakestone VIP near me is at a dealership in Long Island (3+ hours from me). I love the hue on the Lakestone but wonder what it looks like in bight sunlight. I think it would look a bit pale and that's what I'd not want.

bverant, what color(s) is your K900?

Thanks
Bob Johnston is offline  
post #27 of 300 Old 01-18-2019, 11:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
Very cool to hear you're that happy with it. There really has not been a negative review on this car.
AlexOnAuto's review pretty much sold me on it. https://youtu.be/JS4EVpCKgHU (his only ding was on the Pimacy tires)
Redline reviews gave it fairly good praise https://youtu.be/Y2xI0tVDiv4 except the exterior styling (which I actually like)
There's been a few reviews from Edmunds and other but they were on the K9 Korean spec.

I guess right now the only thing to consider is what the color(s) should be. Most of what's in inventory around us in the VIP package is white/black and black/black. I have seen a white/brown and also a Panthera metal/black. I was able to actually see the black and panthera metal side by side and I have to say that the black looked bit better. The panthera metal does not look as "cool" as the black.

The one color I would love to see in person is the Lakestone (blue). The closest Lakestone VIP near me is at a dealership in Long Island (3+ hours from me). I love the hue on the Lakestone but wonder what it looks like in bight sunlight. I think it would look a bit pale and that's what I'd not want.

bverant, what color(s) is your K900?

Thanks
That blue is something I'd like to see in person as well.

Mine is white on black interior. I, too, didn't have much choice. My dealer had only 2 K900s: a Pantera Metal with, if I remember correct, the brown-ish interior (can't remember the name). That one was not a VIP model. But they also had this White one that also happened to have the VIP package. Though the VIP package won't be much use to me, I wanted white exterior over the dark gray of the Panthera metal. Honestly, a lighter gray would've probably been the color of choice. I have attached of picture of mine when it was at the dealer pickup area before I decided to buy it. I did add a signature to my account that should be showing up that tells about my car. I am guessing those need to be enabled by a forum admin or something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1216181910_HDR.jpg (140.9 KB, 20 views)
bverant is offline  
post #28 of 300 Old 01-18-2019, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bob Johnston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bverant View Post
That blue is something I'd like to see in person as well.

Mine is white on black interior. I, too, didn't have much choice. My dealer had only 2 K900s: a Pantera Metal with, if I remember correct, the brown-ish interior (can't remember the name). That one was not a VIP model. But they also had this White one that also happened to have the VIP package. Though the VIP package won't be much use to me, I wanted white exterior over the dark gray of the Panthera metal. Honestly, a lighter gray would've probably been the color of choice. I have attached of picture of mine when it was at the dealer pickup area before I decided to buy it. I did add a signature to my account that should be showing up that tells about my car. I am guessing those need to be enabled by a forum admin or something.
According to Kia's site, the sienna brown leather is only available in the White or black exteriors. Panthera metal and Lakestone are only able to get either black or beige interiors. https://www.kia.com/us/en/build/k900...&packages=8569

My problem with the sienna brown is that it's "too brown" everywhere and that the wood trim is too dark (can't see the wood grain as easily). Just my personal preference that the black leather looks more chic. The beige isn't bad either. It's got black floormats and door panel tops and the wood grain is pretty. I would actually think that the night time ambient lighting would look suburb in that beige interior with more surface to reflect off of.

The VIP package is a "must have" for me although not so much for the rear seat amenities as is getting that 12.3" digital cluster display and the premium headliner. The added fact that the car has 3 zone climate and ventilated rear seats is a bonus.

Since I already have an Audi A5 Cabrio prestige , I was seriously considering the A6 prestige which has virtual cockpit and HUD and that full digital cluster. Once you have the digital cluster, it's hard to live without so to me, the fact that KIA offers pretty much something similar (albeit no google earth map display in the cluster) for $10K less is amazing. I absolutely love Audi's and the tech they bring to the table, but ride and comfort of the K900 is superior to that of the A6. Cost of ownership will be much less also with the KIA. I already pay a ton for Audi connect and service plans on the A5, I really don't need to incur that cost again on our "go to" sedan that we'll be driving every day.

Last edited by Bob Johnston; 01-18-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Bob Johnston is offline  
post #29 of 300 Old 01-18-2019, 05:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
According to Kia's site, the sienna brown leather is only available in the White or black exteriors. Panthera metal and Lakestone are only able to get either black or beige interiors. https://www.kia.com/us/en/build/k900...&packages=8569

My problem with the sienna brown is that it's "too brown" everywhere and that the wood trim is too dark (can't see the wood grain as easily). Just my personal preference that the black leather looks more chic. The beige isn't bad either. It's got black floormats and door panel tops and the wood grain is pretty. I would actually think that the night time ambient lighting would look suburb in that beige interior with more surface to reflect off of.

The VIP package is a "must have" for me although not so much for the rear seat amenities as is getting that 12.3" digital cluster display and the premium headliner. The added fact that the car has 3 zone climate and ventilated rear seats is a bonus.

Since I already have an Audi A5 Cabrio prestige , I was seriously considering the A6 prestige which has virtual cockpit and HUD and that full digital cluster. Once you have the digital cluster, it's hard to live without so to me, the fact that KIA offers pretty much something similar (albeit no google earth map display in the cluster) for $10K less is amazing. I absolutely love Audi's and the tech they bring to the table, but ride and comfort of the K900 is superior to that of the A6. Cost of ownership will be much less also with the KIA. I already pay a ton for Audi connect and service plans on the A5, I really don't need to incur that cost again on our "go to" sedan that we'll be driving every day.
I will say that I think Kia probably fell a bit short on the LCD display. It doesn't really allow you much in the way of configuration. For example, the tach and speedometer are reversed from each other between the standard and VIP trims. It would have been nice to be able to reverse those gauges on the LCD display. More color choices would've been nice. Also, it doesn't have a Trip A and Trip B odometer, instead it calls them Accumulated Trip and Drive Trip. And those don't really mean the same as Trip A and Trip B; the non-VIP model has two trip odometers. I personally don't mind that Google Maps isn't on the gauge cluster because I think would be distracting, but not having tried it I can't be 100% sure I would say that if presented with it.
bverant is offline  
post #30 of 300 Old 01-18-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bob Johnston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bverant View Post
I will say that I think Kia probably fell a bit short on the LCD display. It doesn't really allow you much in the way of configuration. For example, the tach and speedometer are reversed from each other between the standard and VIP trims. It would have been nice to be able to reverse those gauges on the LCD display. More color choices would've been nice. Also, it doesn't have a Trip A and Trip B odometer, instead it calls them Accumulated Trip and Drive Trip. And those don't really mean the same as Trip A and Trip B; the non-VIP model has two trip odometers. I personally don't mind that Google Maps isn't on the gauge cluster because I think would be distracting, but not having tried it I can't be 100% sure I would say that if presented with it.
The Audi virtual cockpit is not that configurable either at least in the standard A5. Basically I can shrink the gauges down to see more of the map, if that's what I want to show but I can't change the motifs. The S5 has a second motif that's available but prevents using the maps. The maps in the cluster is nice and I really don't find it distracting at all but the problem I have is that I can't use Android Auto for Navigation and access Audi's maps via MMI or cockpit. You have to pick one or the other when you are navigating and quite honestly Audi's nav falls short of my phone's ability to get more accurate traffic data. Even though Audi uses Google's satellite data , they don't use Google's routing prediction. The end result is that the Audi nav may get me stuck in bad traffic where Android Auto (Google Maps or Waze) gets me through quicker.

From what I've seen of the cluster in person on the K900, I like it. It's nice and crisp with a decent animation frame rate. I'd much rather have it over the standard analog gauges any day.
Bob Johnston is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome