46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #281 of 293 Old 08-17-2019, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
Any update on you head unit update K900 Pilot?
Yes and sorry for the delayed response. Called and emailed back and forth with MnSOFT customer service, they had no clue how to find the device ID because my “specific vehicle due to the radio being a Generation 5 radio”. To make it short, they changed my order from download to USB flash drive by mail and I should have it by this Monday. Hopefully the update will go smooth without any problems.
post #282 of 293 Old 08-19-2019, 04:27 PM

Received this today:

post #283 of 293 Old 08-19-2019, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Keep us posted. I think a map update this soon is silly - BUT - if it includes the SW update for ultrawide Android Auto like you suggested, and that works nicely, then it might be worth it for that.

More worthwhile than $300/yr for the premium app, which is just crazy silly still, and I hope something they end up reversing in the next couple years as they see what all their competitors are doing instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #284 of 293 Old 08-19-2019, 06:38 PM

Update went without any problems, nice and smooth but took almost exactly one hour. The infotainment system does not show a device ID even after the update. I guess there is non needed but MnSOFT didn’t know this.

We’re still obsessed with our K900 and we are certain this car is the best value for money you can get right now.
post #285 of 293 Old 08-19-2019, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

My map update USB is in transit. Hopefully I'll get it Wednesday. If not I'l get it sometime Thursday and give it a shot on Friday.
My hope is that it has updates to the Android Auto to enable widescreen support like other vehicles are seeing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidAuto...escreen_modes/

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior

Last edited by Bob Johnston; 08-19-2019 at 10:37 PM.
post #286 of 293 Old 08-20-2019, 08:55 PM

Not very happy with this update so far, voice commands still work but before the update I just could say e.g. "I need directions to P.F. Chang’s in (city)" and I got all P.F. Chang’s listed on the screen. Unfortunately this doesn’t work anymore, not sure why but I hope I can figure it out.

Update: it still works but the commands work different. To voice an address I need to say first "find address" and wait for the prompt, then it works. Before I just said the address, so it is one step more now. For POI I used to say "I need directions..." doesn't work anymore, I need to just say "directions to..." So I guess the woman in the car doesn't want me to be polite

Last edited by K900 Pilot; 08-21-2019 at 08:12 AM.
post #287 of 293 Old 08-22-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Just updated mine and it went smoothly also. However there's no difference for Android Auto. It's still cropped and positioned to the left.

As someone in the Reddit post I listed above said that Kia and Hyundai are working on a user downloadable fix for the wide screen support that would benefit cars like the K900, Telluride and Palisade

2019 K900 VIP trim
post #288 of 293 Old 08-24-2019, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey guys, just got my 2019 and it's pretty awesome so far. One feature that I can't get to work so far is the easy access exit for the steering. I have the option selected but the steering wheel doesn't seem to move backward when I turn the car off and go to get out. Is that how it's supposed to work?
post #289 of 293 Old 09-06-2019, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K900Man View Post
Hey guys, just got my 2019 and it's pretty awesome so far. One feature that I can't get to work so far is the easy access exit for the steering. I have the option selected but the steering wheel doesn't seem to move backward when I turn the car off and go to get out. Is that how it's supposed to work?
Any chance it's already in its forward most position? Did you actually adjust it towards yourself any for driving?

Not sure if it matters but after adjusting everything set one of the seat memories to your preferred positioning. That should be the base line it is adjusting from for the easy exit.
post #290 of 293 Old 09-11-2019, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

K900 Pilot,
I'm running into a problem with the software update. It's now happened on 3 occasions where the infotainment system is loosing it's memory and forgets all the radio presets and disconnects from UVO. Are you seeing this problem?

2019 K900 VIP trim

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page