46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 300 Old 03-22-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by promethus7 View Post
Exactly what I was looking for. Surprised it didn't come with the car. Thanks Bob!!
I'm actually not surprised. Much of the functionally IVI is based on what software is flashed on the head unit. I think the mind set was that a paper based manual may not even pertain to what the car does 2-3 years down the road if they do SW updates as part of TSB or recall. Just look at the difference between the K9 Korean spec vs US K900 spec with regard to Sirius/XM information not being a part of the manual.

I think KIA decided a printed manual would not have longevity and relevance. It's just a shame the online manual was not as well communicated on the owners.kia.com porthole site.

Okay everyone. Bookmark your online manual!

Bob

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior

Last edited by Bob Johnston; 03-22-2019 at 04:44 PM.
post #172 of 300 Old 03-22-2019, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
BTW, Launch control works on the K900 just like the Stinger I've discovered. Wheee!
Not on the 1st gen. My 2015, it only makes large... very large burnouts. SO instead of launch control its 11's control... also fun

2015 K900 Black/Black Base
post #173 of 300 Old 03-22-2019, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bverant View Post
A pedal commander would be interesting to try, but will never be available for the K900 because they are so rare. No company will make any money selling them for the K900. A commander does exist for the Stinger, but there's no guarantee it would work for the K900.
I would personally look at the new K900 pedal, and the stinger to see if it would work. Its more of a pinout issue rather than a programming issue if I were to bet. I would also personally check the part numbers but most dealerships don't offer the part numbers for anything newer than 2018, vs most other manufacturers which are up to 2020 models now. I will put in a word with my local parts manager and see whats what if he is down to give me part numbers lol.

2015 K900 Black/Black Base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 300 Old 03-23-2019, 02:23 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboD16 View Post
I would personally look at the new K900 pedal, and the stinger to see if it would work. Its more of a pinout issue rather than a programming issue if I were to bet. I would also personally check the part numbers but most dealerships don't offer the part numbers for anything newer than 2018, vs most other manufacturers which are up to 2020 models now. I will put in a word with my local parts manager and see whats what if he is down to give me part numbers lol.
Please keep us posted if you find any information on this. Thanks!
post #175 of 300 Old 03-23-2019, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
Default launch control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
BTW, Launch control works on the K900 just like the Stinger I've discovered. Wheee!
So how do you do launch control?
post #176 of 300 Old 03-23-2019, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
So how do you do launch control?
https://youtu.be/yIkjpjXXTgY

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
post #177 of 300 Old 03-23-2019, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage

thank you bob
post #178 of 300 Old 03-25-2019, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default Question for a new K900 owner.

Page 40 of the 2019 K900 features & functions guide states:

For the front camera, when in drive, and after pressing the view button on the console:

The camera view will continue to display until the vehicle is traveling at speeds above 13 mph.
If you keep the SVM system on, the camera view will reappear on the navigation screen whenever the vehicle speed drops below 13 mph.

On my car, once I exceed 13 mph, the view turns off but will not turn back on when speed drops below 13 mph unless I press the view button again. This doesn't seem right according to the manual. If I read it right, once turned on, and the light is on, the system should stay on and turn the front view on whenever speeds drop under 13 mph.

Can anyone verify this?
post #179 of 300 Old 03-25-2019, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default Question for a new K900 owner.

Also, one other thing I forgot.

I can't get the navigation prompts to take priority over the other audio sources.

I have the priority boxes checked under the sound and navigation tabs, but it still does not lower the radio when a navigation prompt occurs.

Any suggestions?
post #180 of 300 Old 03-25-2019, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
Page 40 of the 2019 K900 features & functions guide states:

For the front camera, when in drive, and after pressing the view button on the console:

The camera view will continue to display until the vehicle is traveling at speeds above 13 mph.
If you keep the SVM system on, the camera view will reappear on the navigation screen whenever the vehicle speed drops below 13 mph.

On my car, once I exceed 13 mph, the view turns off but will not turn back on when speed drops below 13 mph unless I press the view button again. This doesn't seem right according to the manual. If I read it right, once turned on, and the light is on, the system should stay on and turn the front view on whenever speeds drop under 13 mph.

Can anyone verify this?

Mine does the same thing. I wish there was a way to make it come on automatically like the back up camera does. I guess Kia's logic is if they made it auto, the camera would constantly be coming on and off in stop & go traffic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page