Any 2019 K900 owners out there yet? - Page 17 - Kia K900 Forum
 46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #161 of 300 Old 03-20-2019, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Just curious if anyone with the 2019 K900 wants more power. Like another 100+ whp? In my normal work, I have been contacted by a company that upgrades the car in a way to get this out of it, but I am curious as to how much demand there is for this?

2015 K900 Black/Black Base
post #162 of 300 Old 03-21-2019, 02:01 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboD16 View Post
Just curious if anyone with the 2019 K900 wants more power. Like another 100+ whp? In my normal work, I have been contacted by a company that upgrades the car in a way to get this out of it, but I am curious as to how much demand there is for this?
I'd be more interested in smoothing out the peaky nature of the K900 and throttle response of the engine. Despite it's relatively flat torque curve, I've found it hard for me to drive this car smoothly at low in-town speeds (20-25MPH) and light throttle as the car wants to hunt between gears. If I press the throttle just a tad too hard when, say, re-accelerating from 15-20MPH it down shifts and takes off WAY too fast. Additionally, the throttle in my car has a 0.25-0.5 second delay between when you press the pedal and the car responds. I have found it quite annoying because you feel the car sort-of jolt when the throttle decides to work; it's hard to explain what I am feeling. Also, my car has a rough up-shift from 1st to 2nd gear, worse when cold. I expect most of these are software issues that may or may not ever be fixed. I am assuming they will never be fixed because Kia just doesn't sell many of these cars in the US, so why bother?

Currently, it's at the dealership to have a rattle looked at. Kia sent a field tech out and they've located the source of the rattle, but had to remove the entire dash, steering wheel and many other components. The replacement parts are on order, but may be weeks out. I am fine with the delay as I am in a loaner vehicle, but I am more worried about having 5 new rattles when my car is all back together.
post #163 of 300 Old 03-21-2019, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bverant View Post
I'd be more interested in smoothing out the peaky nature of the K900 and throttle response of the engine. Despite it's relatively flat torque curve, I've found it hard for me to drive this car smoothly at low in-town speeds (20-25MPH) and light throttle as the car wants to hunt between gears. If I press the throttle just a tad too hard when, say, re-accelerating from 15-20MPH it down shifts and takes off WAY too fast. Additionally, the throttle in my car has a 0.25-0.5 second delay between when you press the pedal and the car responds. I have found it quite annoying because you feel the car sort-of jolt when the throttle decides to work; it's hard to explain what I am feeling. Also, my car has a rough up-shift from 1st to 2nd gear, worse when cold. I expect most of these are software issues that may or may not ever be fixed. I am assuming they will never be fixed because Kia just doesn't sell many of these cars in the US, so why bother?

Currently, it's at the dealership to have a rattle looked at. Kia sent a field tech out and they've located the source of the rattle, but had to remove the entire dash, steering wheel and many other components. The replacement parts are on order, but may be weeks out. I am fine with the delay as I am in a loaner vehicle, but I am more worried about having 5 new rattles when my car is all back together.
The behavior you describe could be patched with a software update, but like you said, probably not. It may be possible to get a pedal commander (or similar device) and tweak the behavior of the pedal input, and pedal output to the ECU. This would likely fine tune the behavior to something more comfortable, but would most likely be more of a bandaid, and not a complete solution to the issue.

2015 K900 Black/Black Base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 300 Old 03-21-2019, 08:44 PM

A pedal commander would be interesting to try, but will never be available for the K900 because they are so rare. No company will make any money selling them for the K900. A commander does exist for the Stinger, but there's no guarantee it would work for the K900.
post #165 of 300 Old 03-22-2019, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Hello folks, Just coming over from a 15 Lexus GS350. I would have never considered a KIA in the past however I went to an auto show and sat in one by pure happenstance (there were too many folks at the BMW booth at that moment). I was so impressed I test drove one and here I am. The folks on my Lexus forum are shocked but they all want actual owner reviews and comparisons to Lexus products. That tells me the K900 may not be on people's short list but it is on their radar. With that being said, 1st question of many to come... Did anyone get a multimedia user's manual? I see there is a 200 page guide for the 2018 stinger however there is nothing for the K900. When I called the KIA customer service line they directed me to the owners manual. I had them do a keyword search in the manual for a few key terms (zoom, address, equalizer). They were shocked that there was nothing in the manual or the feature and function guide. They also had noooo answers.

Last edited by promethus7; 03-22-2019 at 10:41 AM.
post #166 of 300 Old 03-22-2019, 12:55 PM

Congrats on the purchase! No manual for the infotainment system came with my K900 either and I was disappointed with that. I am not even sure it's available online yet.
post #167 of 300 Old 03-22-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by promethus7 View Post
Hello folks, Just coming over from a 15 Lexus GS350. I would have never considered a KIA in the past however I went to an auto show and sat in one by pure happenstance (there were too many folks at the BMW booth at that moment). I was so impressed I test drove one and here I am. The folks on my Lexus forum are shocked but they all want actual owner reviews and comparisons to Lexus products. That tells me the K900 may not be on people's short list but it is on their radar. With that being said, 1st question of many to come... Did anyone get a multimedia user's manual? I see there is a 200 page guide for the 2018 stinger however there is nothing for the K900. When I called the KIA customer service line they directed me to the owners manual. I had them do a keyword search in the manual for a few key terms (zoom, address, equalizer). They were shocked that there was nothing in the manual or the feature and function guide. They also had noooo answers.
No hard cover for the Multimedia but if you look in the Nav Simple Manual, they give a QR code for the full online. (note that the URL listed in the Nav Simple doesn't work, but after some creative searching with google, I found it.

Owner's Manual

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
post #168 of 300 Old 03-22-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, that was the Korean K9 spec manual. This is the K900 US Manual.
Owner's Manual
promethus7 likes this.

2019 K900 VIP trim
post #169 of 300 Old 03-22-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

BTW, Launch control works on the K900 just like the Stinger I've discovered. Wheee!

2019 K900 VIP trim
post #170 of 300 Old 03-22-2019, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Exactly what I was looking for. Surprised it didn't come with the car. Thanks Bob!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page