Any 2019 K900 owners out there yet? - Page 15 - Kia K900 Forum
 46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 300 Old 02-26-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Also, the auto leveling on the low beams looks too low compared to my other cars. I don't think I'm getting the proper function and throw from these headlights so I'm going to schedule an appointment at my local K900 service center to have them do a diagnostic. I do see the headlights adjust position when the car is started in the dark. Looks like they attempt to calibrate but I don't believe I get any movement while the car is being driven in either axis.

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior

Last edited by Bob Johnston; 02-26-2019 at 06:17 PM.
post #142 of 300 Old 02-27-2019, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
Also, the auto leveling on the low beams looks too low compared to my other cars. I don't think I'm getting the proper function and throw from these headlights so I'm going to schedule an appointment at my local K900 service center to have them do a diagnostic. I do see the headlights adjust position when the car is started in the dark. Looks like they attempt to calibrate but I don't believe I get any movement while the car is being driven in either axis.
Both of my headlights turn with steering input. They sometimes have a little step effect when steering input is slight, but they definitely work for me. Of course I live in a somewhat rural area and have access to roads that have sweeping turns, highlighting the effect of the steering sensitive headlights.
post #143 of 300 Old 02-28-2019, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
So just experienced a strange issue. The car has been parked in the garage since Tuesday (3 days) and my wife went to start it this morning and it had trouble starting (slow to start). When it started it was running a bit rough. She called me out into the garage and told me it flashed a message on the cluster "Battery discharge due to external devices". Now the only thing plugged in to the car was just the Belkin USB cable to the front USB slot adjacent to the wireless charger with no device attached. I wouldn't think that the cable, by itself, would produce any sort of load on the car with or without the ignition or acc on. I know the cable has a small 56k ohm pull up resistor built-in but I'm not aware that the USB would have power while the car's ignition is off. Have either of you experienced this issue?

One thing that came to mind about the battery drain is that I enabled a feature in UVO that car greets you as your key FOB approaches the vehicle's proximity Settings->Vehicle->Convenience->Welcome Mirror/Light-Enable on Driver Approach. This is kind of a cool feature where by the power mirrors extend out and there's some lighting that acknowledges your presence about within about 15' of the vehicle. Now we keep the keys in the house about 30' away from the vehicle and there's a number of walls between the where the keys are stored and the the car itself. When my wife came out to the garage this morning she said that the mirrors were already extended out. I'm wondering if this proximity feature is the real reason for the battery drain this morning and that it's continuously hunting for the FOB as it may detect it ever so slightly at the distance we keep the keys in the house. I had her turn this feature off when she got to work and we've unplugged the unused USB cable from the front outlet. We'll see how this goes.
I have seen the warning on my 2015, but thats without the car running, just sitting listening to the radio. With everything off it still gives the warning. I have found it is a timed CAN message from a module (likely the body control module) and has no actual bearing on the actual speed of the battery draining, just that you having the ACC or IGN on without the engine running is draining the battery. The stumble during start isn't something I could help with since I have the V8. Definitely a dealer thing. It wouldn't surprise though due to the nature of the engine. If it purrs like a kitten when running, you should be all set. I can say my V8 will sometimes stumble to life, like the start up tune is 98% there for all conditions, but not absolutely perfect.

2015 K900 Black/Black Base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 300 Old 03-04-2019, 12:40 AM

Just a quick update...

I have about 5500 miles on my K900 now. I want to report that the tires have broken in very nicely. They seem like they're less noisy than when the car was new. The shimmy I reported initially has mostly subsided after the tires were recently rotated with the oil change, but even before then it was getting better -- or I was just becoming less sensitive to it, who knows? I am having them look at a rattle and a Kia field tech has been scheduled to look at it because the service department thinks the source is deeper in the dash than they are willing to go. While he's there, I have asked to see if they can look into a bit of a rough up-shift from 1st to 2nd gear I have detected since the car was new. There's also a small 1/4 - 1/2 second delay between pressing the throttle and the engine responding to the input. Both of these issues have been present since the car was new and they'll unlikely be able to do anything about it. However, on the whole, these aren't huge problems. I believe I am in a much better place than I was with my previous new vehicles.

How are things going for you all with your K900s?
post #145 of 300 Old 03-05-2019, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bverant View Post
The weather in Florida is perfect for cruising right now, the traffic not so much 😊 Enjoying the K900 very veeery much, for us a totally luxury car with no complaints so far. What we like most is how quiet and relaxing it is to drive this car. Just received the K900 ID card and other information in todays mail, very nice.

Not sure yet if I like the stop-start system for the engine, it would be good if this could be permanently disabled in the settings. There was a posting someone complaining when parking the car the auto-off kicks in putting the gear shift lever to P and the engine comes on just to turn it off again using the engine start/stop button. Found out how to avoid this, just press the engine start/stop button and the car goes to P by itself without starting the engine.

Afraid to go thru the car wash the very first time with all the automatic e.g. smart trunk and stuff hope it wont open during the wash. I know I should probably disable it before.
post #146 of 300 Old 03-06-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K900 Pilot View Post
Afraid to go thru the car wash the very first time with all the automatic e.g. smart trunk and stuff hope it wont open during the wash. I know I should probably disable it before.
I have been through an automatic wash twice with my K900 and there have been no problems. Putting it in neutral seems to disable most of the automatic collision avoidance stuff. I had already disabled the smart trunk feature. I didn't care for the annoying level of beeping it made when you'd get close. I also feared false positives and it unlocking the truck when not needed.
post #147 of 300 Old 03-06-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bverant View Post

The car itself has been great but I'm still incurring frustration over some follow through from the dealer we purchased from (I'll descibe that below). We have not had a re-occurrence of the discharged battery issue I mentioned and I have yet to schedule a check of the DBL and auto leveling headlights. I'm not so concerned about the DBL as I believe it is working but it's not as noticeable as I experience in my Hyundai Santa Fe. It's my opinion that the SAE cut-off line on the low beam is set a bit too low (at least on my car) so I do want to have that checked.

I think bverant mentioned this also in one of his posts but I agree that the auto high beam is a bit timid compared to our other cars that have that feature. It tends to switch to low beam even with just street lights or bight reflective signs on the horizon (which it should not do). It's also a bit slow to kick it back up to high beam after a oncoming car has safely passed. The other night I had to switch to manual control as I wanted high beams when the car didn't think it was appropriate. Maybe that's fixable in a TSB at some point. I think the overall quality and quantity of light is good with the headlights so I'm hopeful some of these issues can be adjusted.

It's not cruising weather here at all in PA but we've really enjoyed the remote start via UVO and the ability to individually set the climate and heated seat levels via the app. This ability was a huge reason we went with the K900 over a German competitor. Yes, I know those cars can have an aftermarket remote start but nothing compares with UVO Luxe control via the smart phone and climate control. Not to mention that it's covered for free for 2+ years. Overall the car continues to amaze us with the small details here an there. It will break 1,000 miles today when my wife drives home from work.

K900 Pilot, I was not aware there was a K900 ID card. What's on it and what is it used for?

bverant I'm glad to hear that the break-in is going well and that the issues with the tires are getting better. I've not had any issue with vibrations or excessive noise from the Primacy's but someday I hope to replace them with a higher performance tire with the ability to handle better.

Going back to the dealer issues, we're still on a temporary NJ tag that's due to expire this coming Sunday. I'm not going to go into details at this point or name names but I am pleased that we have the KIA VIP concierge because I called them today and they were very helpful in getting the dealer to at least call me with an update. Fingers are crossed that we get plates and reg this Saturday via FedEx but if that doesn't happen, I'll surely write a detailed fiasco review on dealerrater.com and let others know our ordeal. I'm glad KIA customer affairs stands behind their product and took the action that they did today.

We've taken the car through the automatic (conveyor soft cloth) wash twice to get the road salt off and it's been fine so no worries there. No issues with the trunk at all since I sat it the drivers seat the whole time. One thing I did was make sure side mirrors were folded in and I hand tried the mirrors after getting through to prevent spotting. I'm looking forward to warmer temps and hand washing the car myself with my foam cannon. I also ordered Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0 and that's a hydrophobic polymer product that should really help repel water and protect the paint against micro scratches.

2019 K900 VIP trim

Last edited by Bob Johnston; 03-06-2019 at 05:33 PM.
post #148 of 300 Old 03-07-2019, 01:00 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Interesting to hear about your experience with UVO remote, Bob. I like it very much, but I can't find any way to set the heated seats on mine. I guess that's a feature that came in with the 2019's.

If I leave the heated wheel on, it will come on with the engine, but that doesn't work with the seats, since they cancel every time the engine goes off--a bit disappointing.

The only thing I really worry about in the car wash is the automatic wipers--I think it's important to set those to not-automatic.

Glad you are enjoying the K900 experience!

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #149 of 300 Old 03-07-2019, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
Interesting to hear about your experience with UVO remote, Bob. I like it very much, but I can't find any way to set the heated seats on mine. I guess that's a feature that came in with the 2019's.

If I leave the heated wheel on, it will come on with the engine, but that doesn't work with the seats, since they cancel every time the engine goes off--a bit disappointing.
Thanks. So yeah, It's on the new UVO luxe app 5.0 version. I've attached screen shots for the climate page that you turn on both the heated steering wheel and side mirrors as well as each of the four seats individually with the UVO app.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190307-090658_UVO K900.jpg (43.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190307-090715_UVO K900.jpg (42.8 KB, 17 views)

2019 K900 VIP trim

Last edited by Bob Johnston; 03-07-2019 at 03:27 PM.
post #150 of 300 Old 03-07-2019, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:

K900 Pilot, I was not aware there was a K900 ID card. What's on it and what is it used for?
It was just a nice looking credit card sized card with VIN and phone numbers on it.

Here is a short video for you guys: K900

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page