49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 312 Old 02-10-2019, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bverant View Post
Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉! Now there are 3 of us with 2019 K900s!

Remember, we all get 6 oil changes free. Did the dealer mention this to you?
My dealer did not mention this at all but just this past Friday I got a call from K900 “customer experience” apologizing for the buying experience I had and she was asking if I am aware of the 6 free oil changes. I was pleasantly surprised and she even offered me to pick an item from Kia Accessory Guide they will send to me free of charge. She also gave me a premium customer support number I can call if there are any problems in the future. This is very nice of KIA I have to say.

I asked her if I can switch dealership for maintenance, our closest K900 certified dealership is close to where we live and she will call them and let me know, shouldn’t be a problem she said.

Thinking about maintenance this just came to my mind – tire rotation… the K900 has front P245/45R19 and rear P275/40R19 tires, since they are different you cannot rotate them, right?

@Bob Johnston – thank you for sharing your buying experience! Believe it or not, our K900 had EXACLY 56 miles on it after out test drive, same as yours!!! Great pictures, love them.

Last edited by K900 Pilot; 02-10-2019 at 05:09 PM.
post #102 of 312 Old 02-10-2019, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K900 Pilot View Post
Quote:
Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉! Now there are 3 of us with 2019 K900s!

Remember, we all get 6 oil changes free. Did the dealer mention this to you?
My dealer did not mention this at all but just this past Friday I got a call from K900 “customer experience” apologizing for the buying experience I had and she was asking if I am aware of the 6 free oil changes. I was pleasantly surprised and she even offered me to pick an item from Kia Accessory Guide they will send to me free of charge. She also gave me a premium customer support number I can call if there are any problems in the future. This is very nice of KIA I have to say.

I asked her if I can switch dealership for maintenance, our closest K900 certified dealership is close to where we live and she will call them and let me know, shouldn’t be a problem she said.

Thinking about maintenance this just came to my mind – tire rotation… the K900 has front P245/45R19 and rear P275/40R19 tires, since they are different you cannot rotate them, right?

@Bob Johnston – thank you for sharing your buying experience! Believe it or not, our K900 had EXACLY 56 miles on it after out test drive, same as yours!!! Great pictures, love them.
What happened during your buying experience that they apologized for?

Tire rotation on staggered tires is just left and right swapping, assuming the tires are not unidirectional, which the stock tires aren't on the K900.
post #103 of 312 Old 02-10-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
What happened during your buying experience that they apologized for?
I pretty much knew what I wanted and had researched a lot. The sales associate was young and very inexperienced; he said he was on the job for not quite a month and he didn’t know much about the car at all. The questions we had were left unanswered, he promised to find out but never delivered. Even worse, he gave false information. What I found worse what that the manager on duty did nothing to support the guy even though it was clear that he was totally lost. Wouldn’t you think they would show a little more engagement when they are about to sell a car like this? When they finally told us the car was ready for us to drive home we found the tank empty and the license plate had not been transferred over from the old car to the new one. The whole process took a long time but anyway – it was worth it, we are very happy with the car. KIA sent a survey and we just shared our experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 312 Old 02-10-2019, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Quote:
I pretty much knew what I wanted and had researched a lot. The sales associate was young and very inexperienced; he said he was on the job for not quite a month and he didn’t know much about the car at all. The questions we had were left unanswered, he promised to find out but never delivered. Even worse, he gave false information. What I found worse what that the manager on duty did nothing to support the guy even though it was clear that he was totally lost. Wouldn’t you think they would show a little more engagement when they are about to sell a car like this? When they finally told us the car was ready for us to drive home we found the tank empty and the license plate had not been transferred over from the old car to the new one. The whole process took a long time but anyway – it was worth it, we are very happy with the car. KIA sent a survey and we just shared our experience.
And that's KIA's problem. Same issue. At the dealer I went to, there was supposed to be a K900/Stinger ambassador (he was listed as such on dealerrater.com ). When I made contact with the dealer about seeing the car I asked for him by name. They apologized and said he no longer worked there. Odder yet is that they knew I was interested in a K900 and they gave me to a sales associate with only 2 weeks on the job.

K900 is not a typical KIA car and if they don't have trained sales and service techs that can help answer questions, what meaning is this K900 certification designation? We have a big KIA dealer in Plymouth Meeting, PA and they are not a certified K900 shop. From what I've seen of other so called K900 certified dealerships, I don't see why they couldn't be selling the K900 either because I don't really see KIA taking this certification thing that seriously.

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
post #105 of 312 Old 02-11-2019, 01:29 PM

My experience was considerably different than both of you. Everyone I worked with at my Kia dealer was very competent. My ambassador/concierge was thoroughly knowledgeable about the K900. In fact, I started with a different salesman because I was looking at the Sorento first. When I expressed deeper interest in the K900, he handed me over to the ambassador. In any case, it does seem Kia should emphasize the K900 experience more, but we'll all see how it evolves.

Tomorrow is my K900's first oil change (approximately 4500 miles). Here's what I have learned: the K900's engine can use either 5w30 or 10w30 oil depending on the climate. It does NOT come from the factory with synthetic oil (which was a bit of a surprise to me), so the 6 free oil changes Kia offers only cover normal oil. I can have synthetic put in, but it will cost me $20, which is not a problem and I will do it. I will use 5W30 oil.
post #106 of 312 Old 02-11-2019, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Quote:
My experience was considerably different than both of you. Everyone I worked with at my Kia dealer was very competent. My ambassador/concierge was thoroughly knowledgeable about the K900. In fact, I started with a different salesman because I was looking at the Sorento first. When I expressed deeper interest in the K900, he handed me over to the ambassador. In any case, it does seem Kia should emphasize the K900 experience more, but we'll all see how it evolves.

Tomorrow is my K900's first oil change (approximately 4500 miles). Here's what I have learned: the K900's engine can use either 5w30 or 10w30 oil depending on the climate. It does NOT come from the factory with synthetic oil (which was a bit of a surprise to me), so the 6 free oil changes Kia offers only cover normal oil. I can have synthetic put in, but it will cost me $20, which is not a problem and I will do it. I will use 5W30 oil.
That's good to know. Thanks Bill. I'm glad your experience was a good one. That gives me hope that some dealerships take the car seriously. I did call my selling dealer today and asked about the program. The did get back to me and said sorry they didn't mention it. The sales associate that worked with me sent me the link on the kia site.

https://www.kia.com/us/en/content/la...ed-maintenance

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
post #107 of 312 Old 02-11-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
When I made contact with the dealer about seeing the car I asked for him by name. They apologized and said he no longer worked there. Odder yet is that they knew I was interested in a K900 and they gave me to a sales associate with only 2 weeks on the job.
Same here, we had an appointment with a sales associate and when we arrived they said its his day off…. They did not expect me either. If I wouldn't know better I would say we went to the same dealership
post #108 of 312 Old 02-11-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:

Thanks for all the information you share, I appreciate this very much. Glad you had a much nicer buying experience.

I definitely do want full synthetic oil, which one do you think is best for Florida's climate? 5W30 or 10W30? Let us know how your first K900 service experience was.
post #109 of 312 Old 02-12-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the information you share, I appreciate this very much. Glad you had a much nicer buying experience.

I definitely do want full synthetic oil, which one do you think is best for Florida's climate? 5W30 or 10W30? Let us know how your first K900 service experience was.
The engine oil cap says 5W-30 and that's what I am going with and I would recommend the same for you.
post #110 of 312 Old 02-12-2019, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Dropped my 2015 off at the dealer this morning. Saw 20+ Stingers, including a couple modded GT's but no K900's in sight. Either they are hot sellers or the dealer doesn't want to touch them.
Shame because EVERY person that gets in asks what kind of car it is again, and then is astonished. Kia did a fantastic job showing what they can do. So well that people forget they are in a Kia, when they should also be reminding people they are in a Kia.
Also, if anyone from Kia corporate on the sales/branding is on here, hit me up. I have an idea of how you can change people's minds.

EDIT: I just heard back. My radio issue is not covered by warranty. I was out of date by a few months, but under on miles. Almost every time I drive, the radio gets an "Application Error" window that you can't see, then crashes the whole system. Then you have to log back in to what you were listening to since it goes to 87.5 FM... static.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yChCXZmMUGonLWFA7
Link in case anyone else has seen it and knows something. Not even 2 months into ownership and I am starting to see the lack of care people are refering to.

2015 K900 Black/Black Base

Last edited by TurboD16; 02-12-2019 at 12:31 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page