Any 2019 K900 owners out there yet? - Page 36 - Kia K900 Forum
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #351 of 367 Old 10-23-2020, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

I think 13.5 was my nightmare update with loss of radio presets. I got a free update to 14.0 with all my troubles and I'm content to leave it alone. I learned my lesson about upgrading blindly

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
post #352 of 367 Old 10-24-2020, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default 2020 K900 vs 2017 Genesis G90

I wanted to jolt down some initial impressions, since my G90 experience will fade away quite quickly.

G90 over K900
1. Power-closing doors
2. Motorized rear-side sunshades (manual only)
3. Touch unlocking doors – gotta press a button either on the key or on the door handle
4. K 900 does not have concierge, free service and all that
5. KIA UVO is only free for 1-year vs Genesis 3 years
In all, a new G90 would’ve cost me about 15-20K more OTD

K900 over G90
1. Engine is definitely quieter when standing outside and sitting inside
2. Now I think my g90 was in a way faulty since engine vibration was transmitted to the driver seat – not too bad, but it definitely felt.
3. K900 steering wheel is smaller than that of the G90
4. Android Auto has a good integration. I am waiting for AAWireless to be released so that I can get AA wirelessly without a need to connect the cable
5. Phone wireless charging pad is large enough to fit a Samsung Note20 Ultra
6. Turn signal video in the cluster is awesome – I just need to get used to looking at them 😊 There’s a slight – maybe half-a second delay between turning on a signal and video showing up, so there needs to be an adjustment how you change the lanes.
7. Map/software update is available for free and is self-service
8. Smart cruise control seems to be keeping farther distance at comparable # of notches. I used to have 3 notches on my G90 for a comfortable distance and on K900 3 notches is just too far – set it to 2 and happy.
9. There’s an additional setting in the Smart Cruise control – how quickly to close the gap – seems to be a bit faster and more aggressive acceleration when set to Fast
10. Additional setting of 7 blinks when turn signal stalk is touched but not fixed – I stick with 5 😊

K900 has over 2017 G90
1. Engine shutdown at idle – somewhat annoying since it shuts down way too fast and then restarts with a noticeable jerk – can be turned off with a button press, so it’s just another button that needs to be pressed every time the car starts (in addition to auto hold and cruise control)
2. Right is somewhat quieter (I understand it’s a qualitative measure, so just my perception. In addition, it’s a brand new car vs 2017 G90)
3. I am NOT an expert on all things driveability – so can’t comment on power, steering and all that stuff
4. Steering wheel controls layout are same as G90 – no learning curve whatsoever. The central console buttons are different. Seat cooling seating controls are not next to the gear shifter but on the console, for example.
5. Driving dynamics seem to be very much G90-like
6. Heads up display is very much alike
7. Power trunk operation is same
8. Seat comfort is very much same – at least for the driver’s seat. Same adjustments.
post #353 of 367 Old 10-24-2020, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
I think 13.5 was my nightmare update with loss of radio presets. I got a free update to 14.0 with all my troubles and I'm content to leave it alone. I learned my lesson about upgrading blindly

Bob, does the update allow you to still use the audio while it is updating. I have a 2 hrs drive ahead of me in a couple of days, I would love to plug it in and let it update while I am driving vs sitting in my driveway, however I ain't about to drive 2 hrs in silence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #354 of 367 Old 10-24-2020, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure you can't have a functional sound system during the update. It didn't take 2 hours for me. More like 45 minutes

2019 K900 VIP trim
post #355 of 367 Old 10-25-2020, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnston View Post
I'm pretty sure you can't have a functional sound system during the update. It didn't take 2 hours for me. More like 45 minutes

Definitely should not be doing that. I think the upgrade process consists of 3 stages, 1 - copy data from the usb drive - about 24GB, takes 10-15 miniutes, system upgrade - about 20-30 minutes, and system reboot. While the radio was definitely live during the first part, I would not try luck and do anything with it during the 2nd step.
post #356 of 367 Old 10-30-2020, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

I just saw this in an Instagram post and my jaw dropped. Wow! Blacked out K900 looks so sexy!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CG8d8ncr...=1hsllaw9hse91

2019 K900 VIP trim
post #357 of 367 Old 10-31-2020, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I usually don't like blacked out cars however I could make an exception in this case. Not a fan of the red calipers though. $61K for a new non-vip is crazy talk nowadays
post #358 of 367 Old 10-31-2020, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by promethus7 View Post
I usually don't like blacked out cars however I could make an exception in this case. Not a fan of the red calipers though. $61K for a new non-vip is crazy talk nowadays
That's just the MSRP price https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/w...S24J64L6022174

I'm sure it could be bought for less.

I just looked on Cars.com. There are only 59 new K900's in stock model '19 or '20 in the entire US. Of those 59, I count only 15 VIP models. It looks like our rare cars just got a bit more rare.

2019 K900 VIP trim
post #359 of 367 Old 11-29-2020, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

1. soft closing doors on k900? I was getting conflicting info - some saying yes, some saying no
I seen the Korea K9 has them, not sure about the U.S. version - Nope, for sure not on the US Versions.

Quote:
2. grocery hook in the trunk (I know, it's silly to ask, but I am used to that thingie )
Not the 2019 K900 - I say Yes, get your head in the trunk and look up to the center. It is a pull down Double Sided Hook.

Quote:
3. easy entry/exit (i.e. when car is off the driver seat and steering wheel go in the farthest position)
Yes, absolutely. You can even set how far back the seat moves. - Agree

Quote:
4. is android auto wired only?
Wired only but I’m personally not using it. - Agree

Quote:
5. any wind noise on the driver side?
Not at all! Extremely quiet inside, double glass with added layers of soundproofing insulation - Agree

Quote:
6. what is that notorious start/stop thing? Is that a legit engine shutdown at the traffic light kinda thing?
This is an annoying function, every time I start the car I made it a habit to turn this off. This is easy fast done = Agree

Quote:
7. hands free trunk - Genesis opens when you stand besides it with the key. Is the trunk powered?
Yes, fully powered and opens when you stand beside with the key after 5 beeps - It's 3 beeps

Quote:
8. I'm sure I'll think of something else
The most underrated car there is! Get the VIP, you’ll love it. - Agree
post #360 of 367 Old 11-29-2020, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

I went across town to the other KIA dealer in McKinney Texas to have them look at the small bubble in my door panel & the fact the trunk doesn't always motorize up. After waiting for 10 mins the service writer told me he could not do anything for me because his K900 Certified Mechanic was not in on this day and he was not exactly nice about it. He said I would have to make a weekday appointment & come in. KIA is sure making it hard to get service.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page