54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #301 of 367 Old 02-20-2020, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT196623 View Post
Has anyone been able to find a dash cover for a 2019 K900? I've been on ebay, Amazon and other web pages and I can't find anything. This is a little frustrating. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
What's a dash cover? You mean like a sunshade ? https://www.weathertech.com/kia/2019/k900/sunshade/
MichaelT196623 likes this.

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
post #302 of 367 Old 02-20-2020, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

I think MichaelT means something like this:

https://www.carid.com/2016-kia-k900-dash-covers/

There are places (such as the above) that claim to have the older ones, but they never have a picture of the actual K dash, which makes me suspicious. I haven't tried to buy one to verify.

The 2019 is such a niche vehicle that I'm afraid nobody will ever make much in the way of accessories for it. Unless maybe in Korea?
MichaelT196623 likes this.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #303 of 367 Old 02-23-2020, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

wondering what a dash-cover is good for besides makes your beautiful car look strange and ugly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 367 Old 05-01-2020, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Today I updated to the map version 14, took 50 minutes and all went well. My K900 is getting better and better, love the new media option with the different built in nature sounds. Also the looks and features of the navigation system is much improved.

I got to think why KIA is not promoting this awesome car, If you look at the design, features and quality of this car they must make a loss. Other brands are taking 120k for a car like this.

Last edited by K900 Pilot; 05-01-2020 at 06:43 PM.
post #305 of 367 Old 05-01-2020, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K900 Pilot View Post
Today I updated to the map version 14, took 50 minutes and all went well. My K900 is getting better and better, love the new media option with the different built in nature sounds. Also the looks and features of the navigation system is much improved.

I got to think why KIA is not promoting this awesome car, If you look at the design, features and quality of this car they must make a loss. Other brands are taking 120k for a car like this.
As long as it fixes the problem with the radio pre-sets getting erased intermittently I'll be happy. MnSOFT is supposed to be shipping me out a freebie for all the trouble I had with the last map update.

2019 K900 VIP trim
post #306 of 367 Old 05-24-2020, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Default 2019 KIA K900 VIP – Black w/Tan interior

Things I like:

I love the car. It is wonderful. The engine is incredibly smooth and powerful, one of the quietest cars on the market. Super smooth transmission, you can go from park to drive and not even know it. Excellent turning radius, it will U-turn with no issues. Ergonomics are great & the quality of all materials used are great with excellent ride & comfort. I love the 12.3 “ LCD gauge cluster with the Blind Spot Monitors & I feel they are the best feature of the car. I am averaging 20.3 mpg since new driving back & forth to work. If I reset the gas mileage computer driving down the highway I am at about 30 mpg & I burn the low octane gas.

Everyone agrees the K900 is a great car but I wanted to list what I thought KIA should do for improvements.

My biggest complaint is there is no remote start on the key FOB. Why would a car that cost this much not have remote start on the key FOB? Even some economy cars have remote start. To remote start the car you have to log on the UVO app.

Second biggest complaint is you have to enter a password word in the KIA UVO Cell Phone App every time you want to use it & this is inconvenient & time consuming.

Once the free UVO app runs out it, the access is awfully expensive monthly. I will not continue it due to this expense.

The cooled seats don’t cool as well as I like or as well as other cars. They are weak. I have not used the heated seats yet.

Having to hit the control knob every time you start the car to "Confirm" you read the warning message is an inconvenience too. That needs to go.

I hate fact that within a month of owning the car, Sirius XM is already emailing me stating they understand I have purchased the new KIA K900 and I only get 90 days of a free trail and I need to contact them now and pay to extend the subscription.

The horn is not very loud at all.

The vehicles resale value drops very quickly.

The auto engine start/stop feature needs a disabled feature.

Kia should of mounted the Lane Keep button & some of the others on the left side of the dash on the console with the other like switches (instead of on the left side of the dash behind the steering wheel).

I wish the steering wheel required a little less steering effort. It sometimes feels like it is pulling against me when I have the "Lane Keep Assist" on.

The vehicle has an Accumulated Trip & Drive Trip but also needs Trip A and Trip B odometers also.

The power windows are too slow for my liking (going up & down).

The steering wheel thumb-wheels for volume and center display selection are difficult to turn up & down without pressing in & muting the radio or making an unwanted section on the display.

Even though most of these are very small issues, I know Kia engineers will be reading this forum and maybe my thoughts will help for future development. Does anyone else have any quirks they would like to add? Any questions?

Thanks, George

gksintx@aol.com

Last edited by DFW K900; 06-11-2020 at 11:26 PM. Reason: More info added
post #307 of 367 Old 05-25-2020, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Well after installing the free map update that Mnsoft sent me (142UP5) it appears to have done the trick and the radio station favorites are staying remembered so far on our 2019 Deep Chroma Blue. Mind you that we really haven't driven the K900 much in the last 2.5 months. It sits in the garage with the Audi most of the time due to no where really to go. It's still a joy to drive though and we love it still after the last year and a half.
K900 Pilot likes this.

2019 K900 VIP trim
post #308 of 367 Old 06-07-2020, 03:10 PM

Hi K900 Family,

Seems like everyone is having great experience with K900 & based on your feedback I am considering 2019 or 2020 K900 as replacement for my Lexus GS as it has more room inside & I have below questions.I would highly appreciate if someone can take a moment & help newbie

1)I read K900 shares same TT engine with Stringer & I was reading on stringer forums regarding carbon build is it serious issue with K900 too
2)How is the driver seating position is it too low or high(I am ok with GS seating position but didn't like Tesla Model S seating position at the same time I like model 3 seating position better than GS)
3)I need to set two car seats in the back with back facing baby seat at center would I be able to seat another passenger with my configuration or it will be too congested over there

Thanks for taking time for going through above questions.I would like to test drive the car but few of the near by dealers have it & I am bit concerned with COVID to go through complete process
post #309 of 367 Old 06-08-2020, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbadboys9 View Post
Hi K900 Family,

Seems like everyone is having great experience with K900 & based on your feedback I am considering 2019 or 2020 K900 as replacement for my Lexus GS as it has more room inside & I have below questions.I would highly appreciate if someone can take a moment & help newbie

1)I read K900 shares same TT engine with Stringer & I was reading on stringer forums regarding carbon build is it serious issue with K900 too
2)How is the driver seating position is it too low or high(I am ok with GS seating position but didn't like Tesla Model S seating position at the same time I like model 3 seating position better than GS)
3)I need to set two car seats in the back with back facing baby seat at center would I be able to seat another passenger with my configuration or it will be too congested over there

Thanks for taking time for going through above questions.I would like to test drive the car but few of the near by dealers have it & I am bit concerned with COVID to go through complete process
Last year I traded my 4 GEN GS350 for a K900. Before that I drove a 3 GEN.
Here was my review from back then: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-my-gs350.html

-Don't know about the carbon build up and not something I'm concerned about at this point. Mayby around 90K when the warranty gets to the ends.

-I have driven a Model S and I felt like I was sitting on the ground. I was able to find a sweet spot in the K900 without issue.

-I would think there is more and enough space in the back seat for rear facing car seat. My two teenagers both sit in the back seat and leave no foot prints on the back of the seats. The GS was a constant battle.
goodbadboys9 likes this.
post #310 of 367 Old 06-08-2020, 10:48 AM

Thank you for your response.One good thing is Kia offers warranty up to 100K & I have same issue with my child too as I see lot of foot prints on the back rest of the front seats.Other than carbon buildup this car fits the bill & price range I want to be in.I dont know if we can do anything to mitigate the risk for carbon buildup to keep it running for more than 100K

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page