54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 367 Old 02-12-2019, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboD16 View Post
Dropped my 2015 off at the dealer this morning. Saw 20+ Stingers, including a couple modded GT's but no K900's in sight. Either they are hot sellers or the dealer doesn't want to touch them.
Shame because EVERY person that gets in asks what kind of car it is again, and then is astonished. Kia did a fantastic job showing what they can do. So well that people forget they are in a Kia, when they should also be reminding people they are in a Kia.
Also, if anyone from Kia corporate on the sales/branding is on here, hit me up. I have an idea of how you can change people's minds.

EDIT: I just heard back. My radio issue is not covered by warranty. I was out of date by a few months, but under on miles. Almost every time I drive, the radio gets an "Application Error" window that you can't see, then crashes the whole system. Then you have to log back in to what you were listening to since it goes to 87.5 FM... static.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yChCXZmMUGonLWFA7
Link in case anyone else has seen it and knows something. Not even 2 months into ownership and I am starting to see the lack of care people are refering to.
In my search for the right 2019 I went through a filtered list on Kia's website of all K900 certified dealers within 400 mile radius. Not all all of the K900 dealers had current inventory. This doesn't mean they are not selling them, but merely had no 2019's at the time that I searched them. Most dealers that had 2019 inventory had 2 K900's. Most of these deliveries happened at the end of November 2018. A quick look at the Monroney stickers of the 20+ cars I logged in a spreadsheet listed Brunswick port in Georgia as the entry. As a side note, I actually see in my K900's nav, that someone drove the car from the Brunswick port to Mike Murphy Kia of Brunswick. That's where they must have been loaded up on a carrier for the delivery process.

Sorry to hear about your 2015's radio issue. In my 2019 warranty an maintenance book, it describes that:
- audio is only covered by a 3 year/100,000 mile plan.
- OEM battery is covered by a 1 year/ unlimited mile plan.

everything else is covered by the 5 year/unlimited mile, including basic, anti-perforation and paint. Powertrain has it's own separate 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.

I don't believe the radio 3 year warranty limit is a lack of care thing from Kia. Most CPO purchased cars even limit that part down to 2 years or 50,000 miles from original purchase for that (At least Audi does that).

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
post #112 of 367 Old 02-12-2019, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

on the radio issue. when i bought my 2015 in November 2016 my audio would shut down with the same application error but only when I had been playing the cd for several minutes. when i shut it down and restarted it, it would default to that low station all static. I was still under warranty so went to my k900 dealer; they thought they would have to replace the radio under warranty. but the service manager checked further with kia corporate and found there was and is a known glitch in the '15 audio, they developed a software update, and my dealer installed the update. no problems since at all; mention this info to your dealer and have them research further. you may be out of warranty, but, if it is the same glitch mine had, the warranty shouldn't matter since there is a software program update to fix it. good luck.
Bob Johnston and K900 Pilot like this.
post #113 of 367 Old 02-13-2019, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
on the radio issue. when i bought my 2015 in November 2016 my audio would shut down with the same application error but only when I had been playing the cd for several minutes. when i shut it down and restarted it, it would default to that low station all static. I was still under warranty so went to my k900 dealer; they thought they would have to replace the radio under warranty. but the service manager checked further with kia corporate and found there was and is a known glitch in the '15 audio, they developed a software update, and my dealer installed the update. no problems since at all; mention this info to your dealer and have them research further. you may be out of warranty, but, if it is the same glitch mine had, the warranty shouldn't matter since there is a software program update to fix it. good luck.
I appreciate the info. I mentioned to them before that an update has fixed other's radios when they had the issue and the dealer claims they checked, and I have the latest software. They offered a replacement head unit at $4800.00... so I am going to try the MAP update first, since that also updates the software in the headunit. $150.00 is worth the gamble. It's either that or I go with a used unit from a newer wrecked car and hope it works. Wish me luck lol

2015 K900 Black/Black Base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 367 Old 02-13-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Quote:
I appreciate the info. I mentioned to them before that an update has fixed other's radios when they had the issue and the dealer claims they checked, and I have the latest software. They offered a replacement head unit at $4800.00... so I am going to try the MAP update first, since that also updates the software in the headunit. $150.00 is worth the gamble. It's either that or I go with a used unit from a newer wrecked car and hope it works. Wish me luck lol
Perhaps just re-flashing the latest release on the unit will fix the issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2019 K900 VIP trim
Deep Chroma Blue exterior | Sienna Brown interior
post #115 of 367 Old 02-13-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
some more info: I pulled my service ticket for that update and it was done 05/25/17 at Keffer Kia Mooresville NC. the notes they posted afterwards on the ticket were " Application Error; completed TSB ELE 122 to correct concern; all now to spec. "

Check that TSB with your dealer to ensure it was done; if it wasn't, I'd call the K900 customer service preferred number which I don't have at the moment; a search should find that phone # on this site. As my dealer told me, it was not an official recall, but I'd think KIA would honor their TSBs for K900 owners.

Try that again and let us know; good luck!!!
ah-chanh, TurboD16 and K900 Pilot like this.
post #116 of 367 Old 02-13-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
some more info: I pulled my service ticket for that update and it was done 05/25/17 at Keffer Kia Mooresville NC. the notes they posted afterwards on the ticket were " Application Error; completed TSB ELE 122 to correct concern; all now to spec. "

Check that TSB with your dealer to ensure it was done; if it wasn't, I'd call the K900 customer service preferred number which I don't have at the moment; a search should find that phone # on this site. As my dealer told me, it was not an official recall, but I'd think KIA would honor their TSBs for K900 owners.

Try that again and let us know; good luck!!!
Thank you so much for the info! I talked to the dealer and the tech is going to try and perform that update on the car this weekend some time when I am getting the seat belt tensioner fixed. I will let you know. Thank you again!

post #117 of 367 Old 02-13-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much for the info! I talked to the dealer and the tech is going to try and perform that update on the car this weekend some time when I am getting the seat belt tensioner fixed. I will let you know. Thank you again!
you are welcome and I hope it helps. if that TSB (technical service bulletin) has not already been done on your vehicle per service records, it really should fix the problem. good luck and let us know how it goes! If it fixes things, and they want to charge you; make a bit of a fuss including calling the preferred K900 service 800 # to have them approve covering the cost.
post #118 of 367 Old 02-14-2019, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

TurboD16,

Curious to know what trim level of K900 you have. The TSB mentions "Premium" navigation update so I'm curious if this issue is limited to Premium trim levels or all, especially since I'm close to purchasing a 2015 K900 for myself.

Thank you!

- Kent
post #119 of 367 Old 02-15-2019, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Wow! I was away for a few weeks and saw this thread. Not in my wildest dream would I think a discussion in this forum would last 12 pages and counting.

Congrats to the 2019 owners. Read much angst on the hardship trying to find the right car. Doesn't look like that would change anytime soon. FYI Jan'19 US nationwide sales came in at a whopping 26 units (for reference 2014-18 annual sales were 1330 | 2524 | 834 |455 | 354; respectively). Trivia: Stinger sales were much better (16806 units in 2018 and 939 units in Jan'19).

The "sleeping gem" and bang-for-buck are what captivate most of us to the K900 to begin with. Unfortunately that's also why dealers have been reluctant to stock them (tying down too much capital and floor plan financing for a slow selling car).

Surprised to hear the Michelin Primacy is noisy; as I've quite a few sets (granted not as wide as the ones used in the K900) and have been very happy w/ them. Tire-rack survey says Primacy is among the quietest grand touring tires. My MY'15 (V8, VIP) currently wears Michelin Pilot Sport, and the only reason I went w/ that is because Michelin does not make Primacy in those sizes.

This next statement is not meant to offend, just my 2 cents: the new K900 definitely has the better interior (and of course feature content by virtue of its newer design) but the older model looks nicer on the outside. The MY'19 just doesn't look that luxurious, despite it being a fantastic car (feature, value, warranty, sleeper quality...).

2 changes would remedy this.
1) Kia should introduce the pano-moonroof coupled with the full glass blacked out roof treatment like the old K900.
2) Make the headlamp design and grille "pop" a bit more. Note I didn't say oversize and grotesque (think Lexus RX), just more sophisticated.
post #120 of 367 Old 02-16-2019, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoop2112 View Post
TurboD16,

Curious to know what trim level of K900 you have. The TSB mentions "Premium" navigation update so I'm curious if this issue is limited to Premium trim levels or all, especially since I'm close to purchasing a 2015 K900 for myself.

Thank you!

- Kent
I have the Premium trim level. time will tell if the fix tomorrow actually fixes it

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page