K900 Battery Drain - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-26-2021, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default K900 Battery Drain

My 2017 K900 has had a weird battery drain from day one. If the car sits for more than 4 days without being started it wonít start. The car was bought new and has only 10,000 miles on it. Countless trips to the dealer, phone calls, visits from Kia engineers, etc. Have moved keys away from it when parked in the garage, made sure doors are locked when parked, all to no avail.
Our local dealer has told us ďwe just sell and service them, we donít build them.Ē The lack of care from the dealer in Wichita, KS is extremely disturbing. How is it possible that Kia canít pinpoint this problem? If anyone else has this problem maybe itís time for a class action suit. About ready to dump the car and never buy another Kia...
post #2 of 8 Old 02-27-2021, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)

Sorry to hear about the problem, Dguzman. I'm fortunate to be able to say that I have not had this issue, but if you search around here a little you will see that quite a few other owners have.

I don't believe anybody has been able to post a foolproof solution, though. Please keep us up to date as to what's going on with your car--maybe it can help somebody else.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #3 of 8 Old 03-05-2021, 03:43 PM

Dguzman Same problem. But only when all four doors are locked. Some of the small interior lights donít time out. Only when all doors are locked. I know itís weird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-11-2021, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That's very unfortunate. The dealer is useless. If I were in your shoes, I'd definitely sue them.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-13-2021, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dguzman View Post
My 2017 K900 has had a weird battery drain from day one. If the car sits for more than 4 days without being started it wonít start. The car was bought new and has only 10,000 miles on it. Countless trips to the dealer, phone calls, visits from Kia engineers, etc. Have moved keys away from it when parked in the garage, made sure doors are locked when parked, all to no avail.
Our local dealer has told us ďwe just sell and service them, we donít build them.Ē The lack of care from the dealer in Wichita, KS is extremely disturbing. How is it possible that Kia canít pinpoint this problem? If anyone else has this problem maybe itís time for a class action suit. About ready to dump the car and never buy another Kia...

I had a similar problem. Did they check the alternator? Start there. But once you change the alternator you will need to change that pesky AGM battery as well.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-15-2021, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

I do own my 2019 K900 since 01/19 and except of the battery, all is good so far. The battery gave up on me twice, the first time after 19 months of owning the brand-new car, the second battery died only 8 month later. This is no fun because you cannot even access the trunk without the battery working. Both times dealer stated, "bad cell", not sure if I can believe this. I asked them to check what is causing it, but they did nothing except replacing the battery. I specifically asked then to perform an alternator test and they told me they did but could not show me the test results. This is a K900 certified dealer, I guess I need find another one willing to help. I also contacted the KIA K900 Premium Customer Service, but they told me, they cannot help since this is a technical problem. They promised to call the dealer, but I am sure with no results.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-18-2021, 11:24 AM

You're dealer experience is the exact reason why I will never buy another Kia/Hyundai product. I love my K900 and the G90s; but I refuse to be treated like crap. My certified dealer refuses to find out why my front passenger airbags don't work after a 15 min car ride with a passenger in the seat. I've shown them videos, showed them how to make it occur and they refuse to track it down. Who would want to drive their friends and family in a car that the airbags may or may not work?
post #8 of 8 Old 05-28-2021, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I have owned my K900 5.0 since Oct 2014 with no problems. It was delivered to my U.S. dealer in March 2014 - I test drove it then with packing material still in place. In Feb 2020 I was going to take a major trip so I had AutoZone replace this original battery.
My new Genesis GV80 picked up upon arrival to U.S in December has already had a battery replaced.
I had a Cadillac 06 STS - it went through a battery every year I owned it (6).
You win some, you lose some.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page