Infotainment / engine start issues - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-13-2022, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Infotainment / engine start issues

Hello all. I have an issue with my infotainment system. The screen flickers all day. It may stop for a couple of minutes but is aggravating as the dealership keeps saying they cannot see this happen. Even though it was there for a total of six days. The driver picked the car up saw the screen flicker. The driver that dropped it off pointed it out to me. Funny how within the car being at the dealership Courtesy Kia Brandon Florida that long none of the technicians saw it happen so Kia says they cannot do anything about it.

Anybody else seeing issues with the 2019 infotainment system? A little embarrassing as you are driving along and cannot make out what is on your screen as it flickers continually. Any solutions? One other thing. Any 2019 or newer ones that start and the engine ticks heavily as though you have lifter issues? I was told this normal. Again 65K car that starts and sounds like it is over 100K miles when I only have 9556 miles on it. Help?
post #2 of 2 Old 01-20-2022, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHue View Post
Hello all. I have an issue with my infotainment system. The screen flickers all day. It may stop for a couple of minutes but is aggravating as the dealership keeps saying they cannot see this happen. Even though it was there for a total of six days. The driver picked the car up saw the screen flicker. The driver that dropped it off pointed it out to me. Funny how within the car being at the dealership Courtesy Kia Brandon Florida that long none of the technicians saw it happen so Kia says they cannot do anything about it.

Anybody else seeing issues with the 2019 infotainment system? A little embarrassing as you are driving along and cannot make out what is on your screen as it flickers continually. Any solutions? One other thing. Any 2019 or newer ones that start and the engine ticks heavily as though you have lifter issues? I was told this normal. Again 65K car that starts and sounds like it is over 100K miles when I only have 9556 miles on it. Help?
Classic that the car doesn't do the problem while at the dealership. It's as if it knows it's being watched. Try seeing if you can get a recording of it happening. This has helped me in the past with other problems. I have not had this issues. As for the ticking, my past two Kias (Sorento and Optima) both did that at cold starts only. If this is at every start definitely concerning.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page