Here's your 20 minute in-depth tour of the 2014 Kia Quoris - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 03-04-2013, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Here's your 20 minute in-depth tour of the 2014 Kia Quoris

20 minute in-depth tour of the 2014 Kia Quoris that shows you nearly everything you need to see. Showing design details, headlight setup, key features, technology, infotainment system, start up/shut down & many more...way too many cool things to list, a lot that I never expected to see in a Kia!

post #2 of 9 Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 PM

That door closing feature (someone help me out here with Kia's technical term for it) is a feature I love since I HATE it when people slam my doors, at least this will close it in properly.

I dislike that Kia put the seat controls on the door, I find seat controls are much easier to access when place on the center island. I also didn't see buttons for memory seat unless this is something accessed through the vehicles infotainment system, is it?
post #3 of 9 Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Not sure what term your looking for. The auto closing/latch feature (what i call it) looks as if it can be confusing. Did you see how it kind of struggled to latch the rear passenger door and he had to push the door again for it to activate. I dont think that would solve the door slamming issue. If it was a little bit more fine tuned then it would be great.

The seat controls position and layout remind me of how mercedes has theirs. I think that was a layout they stole from mercedes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentaloK View Post
Not sure what term your looking for. The auto closing/latch feature (what i call it) looks as if it can be confusing. Did you see how it kind of struggled to latch the rear passenger door and he had to push the door again for it to activate. I dont think that would solve the door slamming issue. If it was a little bit more fine tuned then it would be great.

The seat controls position and layout remind me of how mercedes has theirs. I think that was a layout they stole from mercedes.

Best video of the Quoris I've seen yet. I am not disappointed at all. Everything looks very luxurious and properly built. Nothing looks cheap as should be expected.

The side panel with all the buttons that form what looks like a chair. Is that all for the chair positioning? I also see buttons on the chair itself. Are those used to control the same thing?
post #5 of 9 Old 04-08-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:

Whether they "stole" it or not, at least it's here. Glad to see we're getting things really high end vehicles have. I just wish these was some sort of wood trim around those controls rather than it just sitting their like that.

It's not the best, but a start, can't wait to see how they can improve on this in the future.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-10-2013, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just hope Kia has got it all right with all the electricals. That would be a hassle if these controls didnt work for a day. Can you imagine not being in the correct driving position and having the seat set to the right distance.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-17-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I just hope Kia has got it all right with all the electricals. That would be a hassle if these controls didnt work for a day. Can you imagine not being in the correct driving position and having the seat set to the right distance.
haha agree. There must be a ton of wires running through this car. There is no manual/mechanical adjustments to the Quoris at all. Everything is digital or motorized.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-17-2013, 05:57 PM

That is the problem once we switch over to electrical. Because if the system was to malfunction then you wouldn't be able to move the seat anymore. i know some Hyundai owners had this issue happen before.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-24-2013, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganmayes View Post
That is the problem once we switch over to electrical. Because if the system was to malfunction then you wouldn't be able to move the seat anymore. i know some Hyundai owners had this issue happen before.
Problems like that are very rare from what I find, even really old powered seat and motorized systems very rarely fail. I wasn't aware of the electrical system problems on older Hyundai's, which specific Hyundai model had this problem?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page