Kia K900 Forum

Kia K900 Forum (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/)
-   New 2013+ K900 Reviews (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/new-2013-k900-reviews-86/)
-   -   K900 is reviewed by Consumer Reorts [video] (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/new-2013-k900-reviews-86/k900-reviewed-consumer-reorts-%5Bvideo%5D-554/)

mr.smith 01-03-2014 10:54 AM

K900 is reviewed by Consumer Reorts [video]

Consumer Reports seems to give the K900 a lukewarm reception. One of the main criticisms is that the K900 is not fun to drive. The interior does get a better review though. And Consumer Reports recognizes that the K900 is definitely a deal compared to some of its luxury sedan rivals.

The K900 seems like it will be a great vehicle, but not a very exciting one.

cfrp 01-03-2014 11:53 AM

So what if its not minty fresh. Its new here.... Don't like this review. Guy has a negative tone that pisses me off. Guy is trying to be humorous but just comes across as an *******.

jefferson 01-03-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfrp (Post 3986)
So what if its not minty fresh. Its new here.... Don't like this review. Guy has a negative tone that pisses me off. Guy is trying to be humorous but just comes across as an *******.

agreed fully, i stopped watching after he made his K9 no dog joke. Saloons this size are never fun to drive. Ask anyone whos been behind the wheel of a 7 series or an S class. They are ultra sumptuous and make no claims to performance handles.

Its a shame i typically like CR.

Bronie 01-05-2014 05:19 PM

It does seem like a harsh review. I still am going to give the K900 a test drive, and it still looks like a nice car to me. I wasn't expecting it to be a performance car anyway.

kQue 01-06-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronie (Post 4002)
It does seem like a harsh review. I still am going to give the K900 a test drive, and it still looks like a nice car to me. I wasn't expecting it to be a performance car anyway.

thats the best thing to do, but you'll also want to keep in mind what the reviewers have to say so you can try to relate it to what you go through on your own test. best thing to do.

cfrp 01-06-2014 10:23 AM

everyone is going to be skeptical about this car being a KIA.

thats expected. I don't plan to take any reviews seriously about this car. I'll leave the judgement to myself.

jefferson 01-06-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfrp (Post 4017)

thats expected. I don't plan to take any reviews seriously about this car. I'll leave the judgement to myself.

absolutely, but thats my main issue with the review is that it makes very little effort to be objective. His thinly veiled jokes and snide attitude the entire time prety much predit his feelings about the car.

the real issue is that not all shoppers will be enthusiasts like ourselves. Many will take CR's word verbatim because CR is supposed to be a trusted brand.

cfrp 01-07-2014 07:14 AM

i bet if it had another badge on it would be better :)

kQue 01-07-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfrp (Post 4017)

Some reviewers will see it for what it is and not try to shoot it down. But you can't blame some of them for shooting it down since Kia is trying to enter a heavily saturated segment.

indiaautoportal 12-18-2014 03:14 AM

Just go to showroom and check all things and take test drive