windshield washer spray and search function? - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-21-2017, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Default windshield washer spray and search function?

Hi,

Bought a wonderful 2015 K900 in December; loving it. One question I have is about the windshield washer spray; it is very limited and weak compared to my previous Cadenza and Optimas. My very trusted dealer service rep. sees no malfunction and feels it is just designed to be a 'gentle' spray. It's way too 'gentle' for me and wonder if anyone else has a similar function to their wash spray. My advisor also says the spray pattern/height is NOT adjustable either; same question to other owners about theirs.

Also, I admit my ignorance; I cannot figure out how to do a subject search on this or the Cadenza forum; anybody care to help out an old guy?

thanks in advance.
Dave H
NC
post #2 of 7 Old 01-21-2017, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

My K900's washer spray is similar to other cars; didn't have that "too gentle" experience of yours. Also, don't think the spray angle is adjustable.

Question: I presume you've checked and are sure there is no partial blockage of the nozzle, and that the spray pattern is even albeit a bit too weak the way you see it, right?
post #3 of 7 Old 01-22-2017, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

thanks for your reply. I asked my advisor to check everything from the washer pump to the nozzles and verify the fluid is full. All check out; since the car is new to me, I'll keep an eye on it and plague my dealer; they are great and are used to me!
My spray pattern covers the normal areas; it is just like a light sprinkling of rain compared to a pressurized spray. I'll especially check the nozzles to make sure they aren't blocked but I also am pretty sure they'd checked that.

Thanks; will advise if I figure it out; welcome any other owner's thoughts!
Dave H
NC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-22-2017, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage

Welcome to the forum Dave H
As for a search Go to forums
pick a topic such as K900 General Discussion
hi lite and again pick General Discussion click
and you should see a Blue banner which says threads in forum
to the right on that blue banner you should find search.
You can also on the bottom of that do an advanced search
post #5 of 7 Old 01-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
Default same as cadenza forum

Listed below the easy way you can do a search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
Hi,

Bought a wonderful 2015 K900 in December; loving it. One question I have is about the windshield washer spray; it is very limited and weak compared to my previous Cadenza and Optimas. My very trusted dealer service rep. sees no malfunction and feels it is just designed to be a 'gentle' spray. It's way too 'gentle' for me and wonder if anyone else has a similar function to their wash spray. My advisor also says the spray pattern/height is NOT adjustable either; same question to other owners about theirs.

Also, I admit my ignorance; I cannot figure out how to do a subject search on this or the Cadenza forum; anybody care to help out an old guy?

thanks in advance.
Dave H
NC
post #6 of 7 Old 01-23-2017, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Gene for the search info; so many different ways to search topics in any on line reference. Just couldn't get to this one but your help did it!

Also, tried my washer squirters again yesterday and had a normal spray; it was in the dealer Friday for a minor detail and I asked them to check the washer fluid in case it was low. It must have been and they filled it; if that's the case I feel like I should have them check my turn signal fluid....DUH on me!!

thanks,
Dave H
NC
post #7 of 7 Old 05-09-2017, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

When I bought my K900 in 2014 the windshield took forever to get clean. There was nothing wrong with the glass, but just took lots of scrubbing to finally get it clean - two month's worth of work. Washer works great and the auto-wipers are super.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page