Warranty? - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-25-2018, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Default Warranty?

So, what's the feeling here with the K900 warranty? I am googling up confusing answers to my questions, so nothing like going to the horse's mouth. I know you guys have the experience!

It appears that the 5/60 warranty transfers to a second owner, but the 10/100 one does not. Is that correct?

If your coverage is still in place, do you find that the dealer honors it well and are you satisfied?

Thanks!
post #2 of 8 Old 05-26-2018, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Yes, that is correct. The 5/60k transfers, but the 10/100k warranty only applies to the original owner, unless the car is CPO.

I had 2 warranty repairs shortly after I purchased my K900; the reverse lights had condensation in them and the rear passenger window position sensor was bad, causing the car to flash a warning on the dash every time I shut down telling me the rear passenger window was open, even though it was closed. The dealer replaced the reverse lights and the window motor assembly (which contains the sensor) under warranty with no hassle.

The only somewhat annoying thing is that not all Kia dealers are certified to work on the K900, which means if I ever do need work beyond stuff like oil changes, I need to go to a dealer who is inconveniently located for me. That said, I have just under 10k miles on the car now with no troubles whatsoever, so it's not exactly a serious problem.

Last edited by Zathras; 05-26-2018 at 02:12 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-06-2018, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

On this subject....

I am just starting my search for a K900, it's taken me 3 months to figure out that it is the car I want, now the real fun starts, but.....

Is it worth getting a CPO over a say Carmax car ? I am noticing that the CPO cars are pretty close in price to the carmax ones, in which case it is a no brainer right ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-06-2018, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwet1 View Post
On this subject....

I am just starting my search for a K900, it's taken me 3 months to figure out that it is the car I want, now the real fun starts, but.....

Is it worth getting a CPO over a say Carmax car ? I am noticing that the CPO cars are pretty close in price to the carmax ones, in which case it is a no brainer right ?
I would buy the one with the color, features, etc. that I wanted once I found it. CPO is nice, but not having it would not be a dealbreaker for me.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-07-2018, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I bought my 2015 VIP from CarMax, not too worried about not having the CPO as i feel the car is put together well and i have not read about too many issues. so far put on 5k miles and no issues at all

the only thing I have just noticed at CarMax is a slight uptick in the costs for the 15 K900 - i see one there now, 2015 Lux, 4k miles for 32K, but no VIP

I paid the same for my 2015 7k miles, but mine has VIP
post #6 of 8 Old 06-07-2018, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasplanner View Post
I bought my 2015 VIP from CarMax, not too worried about not having the CPO as i feel the car is put together well and i have not read about too many issues. so far put on 5k miles and no issues at all

the only thing I have just noticed at CarMax is a slight uptick in the costs for the 15 K900 - i see one there now, 2015 Lux, 4k miles for 32K, but no VIP

I paid the same for my 2015 7k miles, but mine has VIP

"Multiple 4 letter words" That one showed up on carmax last week, I went over there at 11am the next morning and was told it was sold....Now it's back.... Hmmm that has me wondering why it reappeared....But oh well, I will head over there tomorrow morning.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-18-2018, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

at CarMax, i would think this happens because people can reserve the car for some small time so it doesn't disappear. As soon as I saw mine, I reserved it
post #8 of 8 Old 06-18-2018, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Yes, that's a good point, vegasplanner, but mine disappeared from the site for about a month. They don't let anybody reserve for that long, I'm sure.

I'm happy with my car, but the disappearing act still bugs me a little.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page