1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 07-29-2020, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
Very good luck in hunting, The Ikon. It's fun, but also exhausting.

One thing I'd advise looking for is the dreaded dashboard delamination, which unfortunately I think I'm beginning to see on mine.

Not a functional issue, but annoying on such a high-line vehicle. If you see it, point it out and make it a reason to offer a little less $.
Is it an issue with the K900? I didn’t read about that one but thanks for the heads up!!! Do you or anyone have pictures of it in the K900..?

I’m patient for the right car... and hopefully we’ll get the right deal.
post #12 of 20 Old 07-31-2020, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default Dashboard Delamination

Mine was delaminating in three places. Replaced under warranty. Entire dash has to be removed to replace upper pad. There were some scratches in the face plate and steering wheel pad. I will never do this again. I bought a dash pad cover to prevent and hide future delamination.
post #13 of 20 Old 07-31-2020, 12:15 PM

I recently purchased a like new 2015 with only 37,000 miles, black with VIP and Tuscan brown interior. The dashboard was sticking up near the passenger side windshield. As it was still within the original 5 year/ 60,000 warranty (barely on the time), my local Kia dealer replaced the dash for free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 Old 07-31-2020, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifer View Post
Mine was delaminating in three places. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/K900Forum/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/IMG] Replaced under warranty. Entire dash has to be removed to replace upper pad. There were some scratches in the face plate and steering wheel pad. I will never do this again. I bought a dash pad cover to prevent and hide future delamination.
Seems like this is a very common issue!!! Especially with so few cars produced! They should just do a recall on it...! The car I’m looking at has never had it replaced... so I guess that’s an issue waiting to happen.......
post #15 of 20 Old 07-31-2020, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Hayden View Post
I recently purchased a like new 2015 with only 37,000 miles, black with VIP and Tuscan brown interior. The dashboard was sticking up near the passenger side windshield. As it was still within the original 5 year/ 60,000 warranty (barely on the time), my local Kia dealer replaced the dash for free.
Glad you dodged that $3K repair...!!!! They should extend the dashboard warranty for a couple extras years! Did they do a great job for you?

Also I love the interior color of your car and it’s kinda rare too isn’t it????!!! Post a pic for us!!!!!! Enjoy

Last edited by The Ikon; 07-31-2020 at 11:02 PM.
post #16 of 20 Old 08-03-2020, 01:41 PM

They did an excellent job. Also, my driver side exterior mirror was not folding when the car was locked, and they replaced it under warranty. The only downside was that after the parts arrived, they had the car for five days to do the two repairs; nevertheless, I am extremely pleased. Based on my research, the car as configured is fairly rare, and I will post a picture or two in the near future.
post #17 of 20 Old 08-07-2020, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Hayden View Post
They did an excellent job. Also, my driver side exterior mirror was not folding when the car was locked, and they replaced it under warranty. The only downside was that after the parts arrived, they had the car for five days to do the two repairs; nevertheless, I am extremely pleased. Based on my research, the car as configured is fairly rare, and I will post a picture or two in the near future.
Waiting on those pictures my friend...!! Hopefully you’re still enjoying the K900 today!!!!
post #18 of 20 Old 09-14-2020, 09:44 PM

Here are the pictures!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image1(1).jpeg (107.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpeg image2.jpeg (103.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpeg image3.jpeg (106.1 KB, 6 views)
post #19 of 20 Old 09-16-2020, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)

Good pictures, Ted. The brown interior is pretty rare. Outside, your car is a double for mine.

Ikon, FYI, here is a pic of what dash delam looks like.

It's only in that one spot (at least on my car) and it's not actually a huge eyesore, but it does bother me a bit when I happen to look over there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K900_dash_delam.jpg (147.3 KB, 6 views)

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #20 of 20 Old 09-19-2020, 10:25 PM

That is exactly where mine was delaminating. You might be able to see from my second picture that it is now gone. The brown interior was what I wanted, and I had to buy it without seeing it and pay $995 to get it shipped half way across the country to get it. I am very glad I did! Still love it!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page