Value, Worth and Holding Value - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-07-2019, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Question Value, Worth and Holding Value

So I purchased my K900 - Luxury some 6 months ago for $25K. My logic was it was way better than a late model Camry or Accord and there would be no way to get the set of features for that much. So that is what it was worth back then. I really love the car, it's big, rides nice, has a awesome stereo system and the list goes on and on. I've enjoyed driving this a ton more than my BMW 7 (POS - yeah I said it) and even my LS 460. I'd say its comparable to my LS 430 which I think might be the best car ever engineered. With that as a backdrop I took it in to see what I could get on trade (looking at Corvette). The trade in value is now around 16K and retail is 19K. This awesome car for what it's worth is just so unpopular that its value is dropping like fast, fast and now faster. Only 2500 or so were sold in 2015 and they are mostly all recirculating in the used/off lease market. Realistically retail is around 18K so that is still a bunch off in a very short period of time. A car that sold for nearly 56K in 2015. Anyone else have any feelings on this topic.
post #2 of 5 Old 02-07-2019, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Value

I bought my 2015 K900 in Oct for around 19k. I would have paid more though because it offers a ton of features for the money. Unfortunately the K900 didnt hit big here in the U.S. and so it's realtively unkown which makes its percieved value less to potential buyers. Kia is also not currently known as a maker of higher end cars here. Ultimately the value of the car is what the owner is willing to sell it for...
post #3 of 5 Old 02-20-2019, 01:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I bought a 2016 V6 with the VIP package earlier today for 25k. Only has 22k miles with a bunch of the factory warranty left. Dealer originally started at 30k and was going to wholesale it tomorrow if I did not buy it. I think with cars like this you have to buy them real right to even come close to breaking even in the end. For me the car was too good of a deal to pass up. A late model car with gobs of tech, smooth ride and low miles for 25k really cannot be beat, hence why the value of your car is dropping and so will mine. Similar German cars (5 series, E Class, A6) with double the miles and out of warranty still cost 10-15 more. Even more if they have low miles like the K900 I just bought. I bought it from a Kia dealer and all of them loved the car and thought it is a steal of a deal for what you get.

I plan on driving it for the next 4 years, put 60-80k on it in that time and will probably get 5-8k for it then on a trade in. KBB says I paid close to trade in value, but I bet they are running through the auction lanes at less than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-21-2019, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

@jtech007 - Every time I get in the car I smile. it has everything - the stereo is so high end, the ride is smooth, blind spot monitoring How the heck can you lose. All I have to do is keep driving it and ignore the rest. The powertrain is basically the 2015 Equus . I see some of those with high miles so again I think I'm good on reliability.
Separate topic but somewhat related. To get my 2015 K900, I traded in a 2017 Honda Accord Sport (arguably a nice car but not luxury) . I purchased it for 22.4K, drove it for a 12 months and put 10,000 miles on it. I sold it for 21K. 3 days after I saw it on CarMax's site for 26K. Now that's keeping your value LOL.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-22-2019, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionk9 View Post
So I purchased my K900 - Luxury some 6 months ago for $25K. My logic was it was way better than a late model Camry or Accord and there would be no way to get the set of features for that much. So that is what it was worth back then. I really love the car, it's big, rides nice, has a awesome stereo system and the list goes on and on. I've enjoyed driving this a ton more than my BMW 7 (POS - yeah I said it) and even my LS 460. I'd say its comparable to my LS 430 which I think might be the best car ever engineered. With that as a backdrop I took it in to see what I could get on trade (looking at Corvette). The trade in value is now around 16K and retail is 19K. This awesome car for what it's worth is just so unpopular that its value is dropping like fast, fast and now faster. Only 2500 or so were sold in 2015 and they are mostly all recirculating in the used/off lease market. Realistically retail is around 18K so that is still a bunch off in a very short period of time. A car that sold for nearly 56K in 2015. Anyone else have any feelings on this topic.
My 2015 VIP K900 gets delivered tomorrow, and my previous car was a 2014 LS430, and I totally agree about your comment. The LS430 has been a brilliant car and with the sport suspension and 19" wheels it drives ridiculous. My teenage son is buying the 430, hence the K900...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page