Taking off with auto hold - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 11-20-2018, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Default Taking off with auto hold

I don't know if the K900's auto hold differs from any other car with this feature or not, but it's messing with me. I have trouble taking off gracefully when it's on.

I think it's because with a normal automatic, you lift off the brake (so the brake's now off), and the car starts to creep a little before you hit the gas. So you have a little touch of momentum in your favor, you touch the gas and off you go.

With this feature turned on, it's different. When you hit the gas pedal, the brake is still on and takes a split second to disengage. Then the car is still at a dead stop, so you have to give it a little more gas than normal to get going. And I'm having trouble figuring out how much that little more is.

Either I don't give it enough and take off like molasses, or I mis-guess the other way and actually chirp the tires. (I was surprised the traction control system let's that happen.)

Anybody else notice this?

BTW, I've discovered you definitely want it off when you are maneuvering in and out of a tight parking space. That little bit of transmission creep is helpful when you just need to move a few inches.

One more subject in K900ology!

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page