Kia K900 Forum

Kia K900 Forum (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/)
-   New 2013+ K900 General Discussion Forum (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/new-2013-k900-general-discussion-forum-9/)
-   -   Rumour re Courtesy Cars (https://www.k900forum.com/forum/new-2013-k900-general-discussion-forum-9/rumour-re-courtesy-cars-1882/)

funnyman7915 08-25-2015 12:16 PM

Rumour re Courtesy Cars

When I took my K900 in for service on Saturday one of the service managers asked me when I Purchased my car in case I need a courtesy car which I thought was somewhat odd and when I told him 6/29/2015 he said you just got in under the wire because after July1/2015 K900 and Cadenza's will not be guaranteed similar cars but Optima's which isn't terrible but certainly a change Have any of you heard that ?:confused::confused:

Gene 08-25-2015 12:41 PM

Kia did the same thing with the Cadenza on free maintenance. started giving it then cut it off part way through last year.
Cost to much and dealers didn't get reimbursed as much as normal costs.
Kia did the same thing with the free kiatechinfo site. Even had it in the manual as free, then decided to charge.
To many of us doing our own repairs and mods. Also costly for them.
I had said I wouldn't buy another KIA. After checking on some American brands, Finding some I liked, I decided
to stay with KIA, even with the short comings.
Competitors had to many recalls for me. KIA satisfaction is still high and American car satisfaction is tanking,
after a few good years
Would love to have the kiatechinfo site back all they have for free now is manuals.

funnyman7915 08-25-2015 01:18 PM

I have no idea what the Kiaechinfo is Would you like to translate that for us neophytes

Gene 08-25-2015 03:05 PM

www.kiatechinfo.com Was a site furnished by KIA that furnished complete manuals for everything in kia auto's.

Gene 08-25-2015 03:07 PM

electrical wiring diagrams, all engine, and other parts in the cars. Even showed you what screws and fastners to take out when replacing something.
Just complete car manuals like we can't get in print.

Gene 08-25-2015 03:33 PM

In the US if we go to kia.com click on owners and set up an account we can log in and still get owners manuals, information on using different functions, recalls etc. Don't know what you get in Canada. But the page that comes up for me is.
See if it works there and let me know

Gene 08-25-2015 03:39 PM

Looks like you may have to set up an account of your own to get the page to start

funnyman7915 08-25-2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 8562)
Looks like you may have to set up an account of your own to get the page to start

I am not a do it yourself kind of guy so that information has zero appeal nor would I understand it . Having 5 year in effect bumper to bumper warranty is one of the major reasons I bought the 900. I do not know if the Cadenza is as good