Only 390 sold in 2019? - Page 2 - Kia K900 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 01-11-2020, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

Quote:
We're definitely driving unicorns, that's for sure.
I love this, rtrski! We should have a unicorn bumper sticker! Or maybe K5 Optima Store could get us some badges made up.

A single horn for the hood, like half of the set on a Longhorn Cadillac, would be nice too, but maybe a little tricky for pedestrians...

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #12 of 13 Old 01-12-2020, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrski View Post
This site confirms: Kia K900 US car sales figures We're definitely driving unicorns, that's for sure.

I don't get the "dumbed it down vs. the G90" comment though. The G90 starts at 6K over the highest possible MSRP of the K900 (2019)....which wasn't going for MSRP anyway. I got mine out of the dealership's showroom floor with < 20 miles on it at 11.2K below MSRP (with VIP package). I would've had a hard time getting a fully loaded Telluride for that price, since those were selling at a premium. I did speak briefly to a Genesis dealer when considering my K900 and it was clear they weren't wiggling on price much at all. 70K was within my affordability ballpark but not within my willingness to buy; that's just dumb money for any car.

The 2 big items are V8 and Panoramic Roof. If you could get this in a K900, why bother even looking at a G90, right? No good reason to drop these other than they had to leave something that only the G90 could have.

Tree huggers can argue the V6 all they want, but if the company is still making the V8 (same exact one since 2015) then at least provide it as an option. It is a great motor and the main reason I won't give up my 2015.

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
post #13 of 13 Old 01-12-2020, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelischynski View Post
Tree huggers can argue the V6 all they want, but if the company is still making the V8 (same exact one since 2015) then at least provide it as an option. It is a great motor and the main reason I won't give up my 2015.
No "tree hugger" is driving any of the K900s
Chicagoua likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page