LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 06-08-2019, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Default New Kia app

Well, I guess most of you got the email about the new "upgraded" Kia app:
GET THE NEW APP. KEEP YOUR BENEFITS.
The UVO luxe app is being replaced with the new Kia Access with UVO link app!1 Kia Access has all the previous features of UVO luxe, plus it gives you access to your vehicle’s owner’s manual, warranty details and vehicle financing info (if financed through Kia Motors Finance).

Please download Kia Access on your smartphone immediately to continue to enjoy convenient features like remote lock/unlock, remote climate control, Find My Car and more2

If you need help, please give us a call.

I
I downloaded it from the App Store, but so far I'm disappointed. It doesn't seem to have much in it--I see the service minder and Find My Car, but not much else. I don't see POIs, or My Car Zone, or remote start. (The latter being a dealbreaker as far as I'm concerned.) Some of this is illustrated in the screenshots on the App Store screen, though.

Has anybody else tried this? Am I just missing something somehow?

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #2 of 12 Old 06-30-2019, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Looks like June 28 was the switchover day. That morning, all of a sudden I had full functionality in the new app and the old one wouldn't open anymore.

Which is an OK way to do it, I guess, but they should have explained how it would work.

post #3 of 12 Old 07-03-2019, 02:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am not a fan. Too clunky to add POI’s. Still shows my doors unlocked.
I also miss the splash screen from the Luxe app. Call me snooty, but I liked the little headlight display of the K900.

These companies should at least look at another car companies app. My old Dodge app just plain worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 07-03-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

You are right about the headlight flashing on the old app! I miss that too.

I've definitely noticed the new one will show inaccurate info on the car if it hasn't synched lately. But I haven't discovered how to make it synch.

post #5 of 12 Old 07-05-2019, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

As a long time user of this app which is new to you... it sucks. I bought my car with 34,000 miles on it and the app showed 2,000. I can only select and save POIs in my web browser on my computer. It will then update my phone which I have to connect to my car with the app open... via the USB port. Thats right, not even the bluetooth... Terrible app, with no convenience built in at all. My trunk has more convenience features than this

2015 K900 Black/Black Base
post #6 of 12 Old 07-18-2019, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think when you start the climate control, it also starts your car, so therefore it still has the remote start - its just not as evident as it was on the Luxe app (maybe it only starts on some cars so it’s a way to keep it consistent on the app). But it has turned on when I’ve used it. So, it’s not too bad.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-20-2019, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Yes, you are right on that, longoriafd. So I have figured out how to remote start. But it takes the climate control out of auto mode and puts it in something-else mode--I can't quite decide what. But if you want it to go back to holding your desired temp automatically, you have to push the Auto button.

It does work, overall, but it seems clumsy compared to the old one.

post #8 of 12 Old 08-13-2019, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Just got an email about the "tiers" for the new app. Up to $300 a year for the top tier. Are they insane? My wife's app for her Ford F150 gives her virtually everything the Kia app does (she can remote start, climate control, locate, even check tire pressure and driving history via app) and is just plain free.

Nickel-and-diming folks (well, $300 is perhaps rather a lot of nickels...a year) to use the connected car features is what, a stealth way to pay for the bandwidth/connection of the 4G modem installed in the car?
post #9 of 12 Old 08-13-2019, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Angry UVO now $300 per year?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrski View Post
Just got an email about the "tiers" for the new app. Up to $300 a year for the top tier. Are they insane? My wife's app for her Ford F150 gives her virtually everything the Kia app does (she can remote start, climate control, locate, even check tire pressure and driving history via app) and is just plain free.

Nickel-and-diming folks (well, $300 is perhaps rather a lot of nickels...a year) to use the connected car features is what, a stealth way to pay for the bandwidth/connection of the 4G modem installed in the car?
The app is so crappy that I think I will just let mine expire. I can install remote start for $300 or so and it will never expire.

NYC and rural CT resident
post #10 of 12 Old 08-14-2019, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Interesting, rtrski. I have seen several references to the cost of UVO in the dealer brochures, etc., but this is the first time I've seen any $ figures.

$300 does seem a bit high. Mine is paid up for several years, fortunately--I think I got the full 4 years, even though I got the car used from CarMax. When it expires, I would have to think long and hard about whether the renewal is worth it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page