LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-17-2016, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
Default New K900 or no K900

Will the KIA K900 be updated like the new 2017 Hyundai Genesis G90 or will KIA stop making it.
In order for the K900 to stay competitive it will have to be updated
The Cadenza has a nice update so that should stay around
post #2 of 8 Old 08-19-2016, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I think Kia will continue to update the K9/Quoris for local Korean and overseas market. As to whether they'll sell the updated version as new K900s in North America, that is a 50/50 question. With truly dismal sales to date they may withdraw for a while until they figure out what kind of commitment they want to put into our market (i.e. dedicated sales channel, like what Hyundai is doing establishing Genesis as a separate brand).
post #3 of 8 Old 08-19-2016, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

KIA doesn't do advertising for the K900 and very few dealerships even have one in stock.
KIA will have to change their sales strategy if they want sales, few people even know about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-19-2016, 05:29 PM

Comes down to it, people in the market for a $60k+ car have a hard time looking at Hyundai and even harder time looking at Kia.
The sad part is few know how much car they're getting for the money, especially when one buys used.
The good part is with so few sales the exclusivity factor is through the roof. It's harder to spot another K900s on the road than it is to spot a Rolls or Bentley.
I just took my car in for service. The dealer service was good. I got in w/o an appointment and they gave me a free loaner. All repair charges are taken care of. Work done as promised and all that. The one ding, and it's a big one, is that the customer waiting area is just spartan, noticeably worse than Toyota (just been in service there too) and nowhere close to Lexus/MB/BMW. Now how do you sell a luxury experience co-mingling K900s w/ Souls and Fortes?
post #5 of 8 Old 08-19-2016, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

I think the CPO k900 is a great buy for what you get.
If they update the k900 to what Hyundai did with the G90
I may get one. If not may go to a different brand.
Will say my dealership treats me well.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-27-2016, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage

My wife loves our K9 so I expect it will be in our family for a long time to come. I get great service from our KIA dealer if we are there with the K9 or our Soul EV. They are both great cars for what we need them, luxury land cruiser and an economical commuter.

Love the K9 for its uniqueness and I don't expect great gas mileage from a V8.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-27-2016, 07:35 AM

I love my K9 too. Was in the market looking for a reincarnation of the Lincoln Towncar and found the K900. The dealer gave their best version of VIP treatment when I pulled the car in for service, though the lack of facilities cannot be helped.

Am increasingly convinced Kia will fail to sell high end vehicles unless they separate the K900, and for that matter any >$35k cars / SUVs they want to sell), into a separate brand a la Lexus in the 90's and Genesis today.

But for someone who drives their cars until the wheels fell off, the K900 is a great used car buy; especially in CPO form. Great car at affordable prices w/ killer warranties and not one other in town, what's not to like?

For any Kia execs who frequent this forum: I know you've a chicken-and-egg conundrum -- should you wait until the pricey vehicles sell at a high-enough volume to justify building a new franchise, or should you invest (more like forcing your dealers to invest) in luxo-dealerships and wait for, or hope for, the volume to follow suit?

I believe Lexus, and to a lesser extent Acura, already gave you the answer.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-11-2017, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

You read my mind, mdude. I drive a Town Car right now, and I'm wondering what comes next. I think the K900 does seem to fit the bill.

I've read the reviews that say it's too big and floaty and doesn't corner like a go-kart, but how are us TC guys going to notice??

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page