New 2015 Owner! - Page 2 - Kia K900 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 04-13-2020, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Has anyone had reliability issues when trying to stream Bluetooth audio? I can always make calls without problems, but streaming from my phone is a 50/50 whether or not it will work. The icon will stay dimmed even when there is a Bluetooth connection, and when I click on the dimmed icon I get a message "The device does not support Bluetooth audio or Bluetooth audio is set to off. Please check and try again."

I've tried turning the phone off and on again, re-pairing the Bluetooth connection to the car, unchecking and rechecking the "Bluetooth audio streaming" in the phone settings section, and adding a different phone which still can't stream Bluetooth audio. This leads me to think it is an issue with the infotainment system rather than my devices. It has never stopped working in the middle of a drive if it was working from the beginning, and it has never started working in the middle of a drive if it wasn't working from the beginning. Today, I also saw it light up for a split second after the phone paired to the car, and then went dim for the remainder of the drive.
post #12 of 18 Old 04-24-2020, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

Congratulations and I hope you enjoy the car.
post #13 of 18 Old 06-14-2020, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

My front brakes had been squeaking a bit, and then started making noise when I wasn't even pressing the brake pedal. I took the wheel off and rotated the brake discs and determined the driver's side was likely warped. It looked pretty long in the tooth, and the CarFax report says at 80 miles the rotors were resurfaced (80 miles???). On that note, does anyone know if rotors are an issue spot on this car? One of the cars I test drove definitely had warped rotors at 50k, like really bad. This one had a resurfacing at 80 miles and now at 40k I had to change them due to warping (potentially) or it may have had contamination on the surface.

Anyway, yesterday I took the old rusty rotors off and put some new OEM rotors on, along with new OEM brake pads. It looked like the dealer I bought it from may have put new pads in before selling it to me because they had tons of meat left on them, but I wasn't going to use old pads on new rotors. The squeak has been resolved, and I'm riding smooth as butter again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 06-28-2020, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

I got my car from CarMax at 3,000 miles, and I immediately noticed some vibration up front on braking. CarMax replaced the rotors under their 30 day warranty.

So far, no recurrence at 17,000 miles.
vvet likes this.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #15 of 18 Old 06-28-2020, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvet View Post
Has anyone had reliability issues when trying to stream Bluetooth audio? I can always make calls without problems, but streaming from my phone is a 50/50 whether or not it will work. The icon will stay dimmed even when there is a Bluetooth connection, and when I click on the dimmed icon I get a message "The device does not support Bluetooth audio or Bluetooth audio is set to off. Please check and try again."

I've tried turning the phone off and on again, re-pairing the Bluetooth connection to the car, unchecking and rechecking the "Bluetooth audio streaming" in the phone settings section, and adding a different phone which still can't stream Bluetooth audio. This leads me to think it is an issue with the infotainment system rather than my devices. It has never stopped working in the middle of a drive if it was working from the beginning, and it has never started working in the middle of a drive if it wasn't working from the beginning. Today, I also saw it light up for a split second after the phone paired to the car, and then went dim for the remainder of the drive.

I can't edit this post anymore, but this issue was resolved after updating my phone.
post #16 of 18 Old 07-02-2020, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I'm curious....Were you a bit nervous buying a used car sight unseen?
post #17 of 18 Old 07-02-2020, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebk900 View Post
I'm curious....Were you a bit nervous buying a used car sight unseen?

I think you may have replied to the wrong post. I test drove the car for an entire weekend before making the purchase.
post #18 of 18 Old 07-03-2020, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I replied to the right post but, I was in error about Carmax. I thought they operated the same as Carvana which has no physical stores per say. You buy the car on line and hope for the best. From what I understand, Carvana allows you to return a vehicle twice but no returns on the third vehicle.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page