Multi function light switch recall - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-06-2018, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Default Multi function light switch recall

KIA did a recall advising there were issues with the multi function light switch having problems. My car had the recall performed in 2015 and a new switch installed. Just last month, my headlights would flick off then back on almost instaneously when I used the right turn signal. Never any failure or never when signalling a left turn. I had my car in today for an oil change and mentioned this; the K900 tech said that was one of the failure issues leading to the recall. They had the part in stock, so they replaced it again, no charge as it is still a recall.

Just wanted to mention this to watch for even if you have had this recall done already; my tech said he has now seen 3 vehicles need a second replacement. Hopefully this is a fix; but as it is a recall, KIA should always have to replace this switch even outside of warranty.

Just FYI; I had no other symptoms or issues. If you have any odd things happen with your lights have your dealer check it out. Still love this car!
post #2 of 5 Old 09-08-2018, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Thanks for the word! I just had the recall done on my car, but I'll be alert just in case.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #3 of 5 Old 09-09-2018, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Intender View Post
Thanks for the word! I just had the recall done on my car, but I'll be alert just in case.
K9intender, thanks for your post. when i posted this as a new thread I went to the 2013+K900 general discussion forum tab shown on the side of the forum active topics page. but it never came up as a new post on the active topics page; is there somewhere else to create new posts? I can't find any instructions on this site about how to start a new thread in the active topics section. I thought my post would show up as an active topic? I do see it shown under the tab I used and that it has been reviewed several times; I check often but only use the active topics page for postings.
Not the most skilled forum user here I will admit~!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-10-2018, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Yeah, I've noticed that the Active Topics thing seems squirrelly. It often has old threads in it when I know there are more active new ones. So I think that's just a bug in the board software; at least, I don't know any way around it.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #5 of 5 Old 09-11-2018, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

thanks K9; maybe Gene will see this and have an idea. hope you are still loving your car!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page