Model Year Guide document - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-07-2018, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Default Model Year Guide document

What I've wished for often while shopping the K900 market is a handy guide to the model years and differences. However, absent that, I've ransacked the net, got all the factory paper I can get my hands on, and, of course, learned a lot from the members here.
So I feel pretty well prepared to play K900 Trivia, if anybody ever releases that game.

And I thought I should organize what I've learned and make it available to the community. Attached is a comparison chart where I've done that. I've ignored stuff like horsepower and wheelbase, because that's so easily googled up, and instead tried to concentrate on what you need to know to make sense of the cars on the market. (I'm sure we've all noticed that used and even new car salesmen can be pretty clueless about what they're trying to sell you.) I tried to keep it high-level enough to be a quick read, but still pack enough detail to be really useful.

If you have suggestions or corrections, please post below and I'll revise and re-upload accordingly.

(Incidentally, I had intended to make this a PDF, but the forum software's limit on those is nuts--19K! That was a small file even in the Apple II days. So I had to play around to find something that would work and JPG did. I hope it will be legible for everybody.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K900ModelYearComparisons.jpg (211.0 KB, 61 views)
post #2 of 5 Old 05-08-2018, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Nice job!!
post #3 of 5 Old 05-08-2018, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

Good stuff.

The one thing that I see different is your reference to a VIP+ package only for 2015. There were actually 2 separate packages. See my attachment where I show the "VIP" package at $6000 (this was the original distribution that started in 2014). If it had the "VIP+" package as well (started mid 2015), it would have followed this one on the list at an extra $2000, and included the following for items:

Quilted Stitch Napa Leather Seats
Passenger Seat Chauffeur Switch
Wood Grain strip on back of Front Seats
Split Opening Console Cover

My question on this would be whether or not they completely cut over their entire build from the "VIP" to "VIP+" in mid 2015, or if customers still had a choice at that point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180508_111712.jpg (362.2 KB, 20 views)

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-08-2018, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Many thanks for the info, joelischynski. I have quite a lot of K900 documentation, but I don't have any window stickers. And I've puzzled my head a good bit on the question of when the armrest split!

Looking with a close eye at the 2015 and later brochures, I do see now that the 2015 one says VIP and the 2016 and 2017 ones say VIP+, which I had overlooked. So that doesn't clear anything up as to whether there were one or two VIP packages available late in the year.

The only thing I have to document the '15 midyear changes is a little bit of text I took a screenshot of, which I'll attach below.

I'll try revising my text a bit to work this in. If anybody else knows more, please do share.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KiaK9002015MidYearUpgradeTextForPost.jpg (217.5 KB, 18 views)
post #5 of 5 Old 05-09-2018, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Version 2.0 below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K900ModelYearComparisons.jpg (202.7 KB, 42 views)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page