Map Update - Page 6 - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 60 Old 05-17-2019, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Updated mine to v13 and system locked up during boot at the logo screen. I let it sit for another 30 min. and still nothing. So I tried to press the reset 6 times and finally it re-started perfectly.

Side note: Anyone knows how to delete all the preset stations on SiriusXM?
post #52 of 60 Old 05-17-2019, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Have you tried it one station at a time?

Toggle your central controller to the right. Tune the station you want. Press down on the controller.

That should move you back over to the left part of the screen. Scroll up and down to you get the preset number that you want to assign to that station.

Press down on the controller again and it will save that station in that preset slot.

There may be a way to reset all of them to station one. But I haven't played with the system long enough to find that.

When I got my car all 18 presets were set to XM one.

Bruce
post #53 of 60 Old 08-17-2020, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage

I swear my car is possessed. The same HOUR that I simply mention I am trading it in, it decides to lock up the Infotainment system again. The last time it happened was Dec 2018, when I also was simply considering trading it up for a newer one at that time.

So of course I came back to this specific thread topic to figure out what I did last time to make it unlock itself. For the past 2 hours, I have tried every single trick mentioned here in the previous 6 pages to no avail. I gave up and made an appointment with my service shop to take a look at it. As I was getting ready to take it over there, I decided to try a couple more times on the reset options. AND of course it came back on this time.

But here is a new one for the Reset procedures - 1) Press the reset button while turning off the ignition 2) Restart the car and let it come up with its freeze screen 3) TURN OFF THE A/C, and do one more reset. Boom, system comes up and running.

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 60 Old 08-18-2020, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelischynski View Post
I swear my car is possessed. The same HOUR that I simply mention I am trading it in, it decides to lock up the Infotainment system again. The last time it happened was Dec 2018, when I also was simply considering trading it up for a newer one at that time.

So of course I came back to this specific thread topic to figure out what I did last time to make it unlock itself. For the past 2 hours, I have tried every single trick mentioned here in the previous 6 pages to no avail. I gave up and made an appointment with my service shop to take a look at it. As I was getting ready to take it over there, I decided to try a couple more times on the reset options. AND of course it came back on this time.

But here is a new one for the Reset procedures - 1) Press the reset button while turning off the ignition 2) Restart the car and let it come up with its freeze screen 3) TURN OFF THE A/C, and do one more reset. Boom, system comes up and running.

Is this a common issue with the cars?! What took for or any glitches to be aware of? Thanks....
post #55 of 60 Old 08-18-2020, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)

Quote:
1) Press the reset button while turning off the ignition 2) Restart the car and let it come up with its freeze screen 3) TURN OFF THE A/C, and do one more reset. Boom, system comes up and running.

Good grief, joelischynski, that is pretty much like an incantation! It sounds like you have to go to great lengths to propitiate the little screen demon. Let's hope it never demands a boiling cauldron of anything--would probably be hard on the upholstery! :-)

The Icon, you will find this problem mentioned in quite a few threads around here, so it's not uncommon. I myself have not experienced it. (Let's hope I haven't activated my demon with that remark!)

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #56 of 60 Old 09-08-2020, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

my 2015 K900 VIP multimedia screen locked up yesterday just from use. haven't updated it since spring of 2019 so wasn't in an update mode.

i found I had to press and hold the reset button for bit. i watched the screen blip about 10 times and then released the reset button.. the system rebooted and started up again. however some settings in the radio had to be reset. didn't lose presets or any music on the jukebox that i know of.

first time this had happened to me.

just fyi

RMartin
Dallas, TX
2015 K900 VIP Titanium Bronze over White interior
post #57 of 60 Old 09-29-2020, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I’m new to the forum and owner of a 2019 K900 VIP. I saw a map update was available for my car. I opted for the free download and used a new USB drive, I used a 64G but they said 32G USB was big enough. The hardest part was finding on my MAC where the downloader icon was placed which I found within Launchpad (I so rarely use my MAC). It did take about an hour for the download. I thought it had locked up at about the 40” mark when it was 99% complete but it resumed in about 10” and loaded the a second file. Went to car. Plugged USB in first then turned car to on with everything else shut off (radio, A/C, etc.). It asked to start download, and away it went. Rebooted on its own and up and working. No glitches. Will see if it holds up. Maybe I’m lucky.
post #58 of 60 Old 10-01-2020, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

I did the fall 2020 map update on my 2019 K900 today and it went without any problems. It is important that you turn off the Bluetooth on your phone if it is connected to the car before you start the update.
post #59 of 60 Old 10-09-2020, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I did the update with no problems. One thing is odd is when I am in reverse the radio volume is reduced. In drive or park it is normal.

At least that stupid warning screen goes away quickly after starting. Six years of having it blast me in the face until I manually released it.
post #60 of 60 Old 10-11-2020, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)

Yes, Lifer, I know what you mean. That lowered volume on reverse was on my car too when I first got it. I believe it's so you can be sure to hear the beeping of the proximity sensors when you get close to something.

Somehow during my tussles with the map update, it went away. I'm sorry I don't know what you have to do to make that happen. Somebody here probably does.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page