Map Update - Page 4 - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 74 Old 07-11-2018, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

How long did the whole update take? Couple hours...?
post #32 of 74 Old 07-11-2018, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

When I did the nav update on my 2015 K900, it took about 30 minutes, with no issues. Instructions said approximately 55 minutes, iirc.
post #33 of 74 Old 07-11-2018, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)

The instructions with my chip said about 35 minutes. It took a little longer - right at 40 minutes. Of course, that was starting from scratch, without any previous card having been in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 74 Old 07-17-2018, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage

So I received an interesting billing in the mail today (over 4 months after my purchase) from MNSOFT of the actual invoice for my map update for the $149 from 3-12-2018.

Note that this is the first billing notice I received from them on this. Totally forgot about it since then, and I actually thought I already paid it, until I went through my records and didn't find it in my bank statements.

Anyway, the interesting part is that it came with a not very polite hand written message on the invoice, stating: "DUE UPON RECEIPT. WILL BE FORWARDED TO COLLECTIONS IF PAYMENT NOT RECEIVED BY 7-17-2018".

How convenient that they referenced a date of which I received the very first notification from them on that same day. Anyway, called the MNSOFT service line from the invoice and got it taken care of.

Has anyone else had this issue of not receiving the invoice from them right away? I don't think I will use them again. Kind of a strange setup. The email receipt I received for it after the call was in the form of a PAYPAL receipt. Strange since I did not reference Paypal. I just used my regular insured card. I guess I will have to keep an eye on that account now.

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
post #35 of 74 Old 07-18-2018, 12:52 AM

Doesn't sound like real good customer relations! But unfortunately, if you want to stay updated, you are probably stuck with them. That's the trouble with any nav system, factory or aftermarket. Once you buy in, you are locked into their update system. Would be nice to see some competition there somehow.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #36 of 74 Old 12-18-2018, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage

Out of the blue last night, my infotainment system decided to take a dump. First time to completely freeze up like it did when I updated the navigation software back in summer (so I figured this was a good place to mention it).

I tried every combination, including the ones noted earlier in this thread, to get it back up with no luck.

So last resort was to pull the battery power, which did actually do the trick. But it also reset all my audio settings and messed up the trunk power buttons. Grrr.

I hope it doesn't become a regular habit for it now.

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
post #37 of 74 Old 12-18-2018, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage
Default paying for update

Did you check your paypal account to see if you paid for it on that?
When I ordered my last update mapnsoft made me pay before they would send me the update.
I ordered mine on line. If you ordered it by phone they may have lost your information and it
didn't get put in for payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelischynski View Post
So I received an interesting billing in the mail today (over 4 months after my purchase) from MNSOFT of the actual invoice for my map update for the $149 from 3-12-2018.

Note that this is the first billing notice I received from them on this. Totally forgot about it since then, and I actually thought I already paid it, until I went through my records and didn't find it in my bank statements.

Anyway, the interesting part is that it came with a not very polite hand written message on the invoice, stating: "DUE UPON RECEIPT. WILL BE FORWARDED TO COLLECTIONS IF PAYMENT NOT RECEIVED BY 7-17-2018".

How convenient that they referenced a date of which I received the very first notification from them on that same day. Anyway, called the MNSOFT service line from the invoice and got it taken care of.

Has anyone else had this issue of not receiving the invoice from them right away? I don't think I will use them again. Kind of a strange setup. The email receipt I received for it after the call was in the form of a PAYPAL receipt. Strange since I did not reference Paypal. I just used my regular insured card. I guess I will have to keep an eye on that account now.
post #38 of 74 Old 01-14-2019, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Does anyone have the latest upgrade card? Is it something that can be gone through, copied, edited? Curious what we can do with the file structure before it is uploaded.
post #39 of 74 Old 01-14-2019, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage

Each update is encoded for the cars vin number, So unless it is the right car does not work
post #40 of 74 Old 01-15-2019, 12:42 AM

Interesting, Gene. I didn't know that.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page