Map Update - Page 3 - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 52 Old 05-14-2018, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Please tell me if the issue was solved and how they fixed it. I updated my 2015 k900 yesterday and the head unit is completely bricked. Thank you in advance!
post #22 of 52 Old 05-15-2018, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintfoot View Post
Please tell me if the issue was solved and how they fixed it. I updated my 2015 k900 yesterday and the head unit is completely bricked. Thank you in advance!
Like I mentioned in the previous post, if you went through the install steps correctly (no paired phones, no CD in the player, etc) then all you should need is a simple RESET as follows:

***Hold the Reset Button in with a pen WHILE starting the car***

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
post #23 of 52 Old 05-15-2018, 05:01 PM

I hope this is not a stupid question, but where is the reset button? I can't seem to find the reset hole to stick a pen in anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 52 Old 05-15-2018, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

The reset is a dimpled button to the right of the CD/DVD slot and the DISP button. Push in the dimple with a pen or paperclip.

Last edited by Zathras; 05-15-2018 at 08:37 PM.
post #25 of 52 Old 06-24-2018, 06:44 PM

Default Map Update failure

Sadly, I too have a bricked head unit following the map update. I followed all instructions and had technical support on the phone with me during the install and everything was fine through 6 of 6 and now I have a non responsive home screen. I have tried the reset button during start up as suggested only for me this did not unlock my system. I am now waiting on Mapnsoft to get back to me.
post #26 of 52 Old 06-25-2018, 09:54 PM

Default Map Update pt 2

Today the MapNSoft technician walked me through a forced upgrade, which automatically began the upload from the USB. The system showed successful upload complete and rebooted to the same bricked home screen. Tried the reset button multiple times and still bricked.
post #27 of 52 Old 06-26-2018, 08:53 AM

Default Map Update pt 3

This morning I tried hitting the reset button several more times, holding it in for about 5 seconds each time. On the 5th or 6th try, my system rebooted and the radio began playing. I verified that the update loaded and all appears to be well. What a process.
post #28 of 52 Old 06-26-2018, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Wow, I'm sorry it was such an ordeal! I guess I got lucky when I updated mine a while back. But all's well that ends well, eh?
post #29 of 52 Old 06-27-2018, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This morning I tried hitting the reset button several more times, holding it in for about 5 seconds each time. On the 5th or 6th try, my system rebooted and the radio began playing. I verified that the update loaded and all appears to be well. What a process.
Hmmm. Maybe not a coincidence that it took 5 or 6 times. I recall a similar experience.

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
post #30 of 52 Old 07-10-2018, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

I just went through this, but thankfully not as painfully as some of you. My car came without a nav chip, for some reason, but CarMax very obligingly ordered me one, and the tech and I stuck it in today. He was amazed when we had been sitting there five minutes or so and it showed only 1% complete!

Fortunately, having been warned by the members here, I knew what to expect on time, so I took off and drove around while it was updating. (That seems fine--doesn't hurt anything, but you don't have any radio or camera view.) I got lunch from a drive-up window and let it idle while I was chewing on my burger. I was apprehensive when it got down to 99%, and said it would reboot, but much to my surprise that went as planned. The radio came on, and then the Kia logo, which stayed on the screen just long enough for me to have misgivings, and then it was all back and updated and I have nav. :-) Whew! Load off my mind.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page