2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 64 Old 01-08-2019, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Do you know of a reputable site to get the shop manual for this car?
https://kiatechinfo.snapon.com/default.aspx

It's not cheap, at $19 for 72 hours of access and $150 for a month, but it's the official Kia manuals from the official Kia site. Can't get more reputable than that.
post #52 of 64 Old 01-08-2019, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
Khoop, I have not tried to change my headlights as mine have been trouble free so far. However, you can get the Kia shop manuals online (you do have to pay, unfortunately), and I can't imagine they would be too difficult for someone mechanically inclined.

The Equus has it's vulerabilities too, just google "Equus air suspension". Don't let the headlight issue scare you off. Like any other vehicle issues reported on the internet, it appears more prevalent than it actually is. The K900 is a great car. So is the Equus for that matter. Either is more likely to be trouble free than anything comparable from the Germans.
Thank you Zathras. I know you are probably right about the headlights not being as common a failure as reported on the interwebs. I've driven the Equus before and I really do prefer the K900 on every level. I just can't afford a $5,000 headlight debacle if I hit a big pothole.

My current car is a Lexus LS430 and I love it, and it's been very reliable. Previously I had an Audi A8 and it was incredibly expensive to maintain.

kent

Last edited by khoop2112; 01-08-2019 at 11:11 PM.
post #53 of 64 Old 01-14-2019, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I would love to get my hands on a log in for the technical diagrams so I could mine some specific information. I noticed eBay has some headlights, and at varying prices. I would be curious what breaks in the headlight, so I could manufacture a repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 64 Old 01-14-2019, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)

I only have six months of experience, but for what it's worth my headlights are fine, and I've hit the usual proportion of potholes, etc. I'm not feeling too paranoid about normal use. What would scare me is any kind of frontal impact, even a small one. Fingers crossed that I never have to find out!

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #55 of 64 Old 01-19-2019, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Well thats good to know - I guess I'm scared that any large speed bump will destroy the headlights...
post #56 of 64 Old 01-21-2019, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I changed out the HID bulbs on mine over the weekend to get the light to match a bit better. They seem a bit delicate, but no issues otherwise.

The reason I changed my bulbs was because I hate the multiple color temperatures with the lights on at night. A yellowish white headlight and everything else a bluish white. Even the fog light is a different color than the "eyebrow" accent. After you add in the amber, that is 4 different color temperatures... on a luxury car.
I did a bunch of lumen/lux and color temperature testing to get things to match my OCD lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190119_184134.jpg (105.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by TurboD16; 01-22-2019 at 11:17 AM.
post #57 of 64 Old 01-31-2019, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Once I had the same situation with my headlights but I had an accident and they were damaged. I spent a lot of money on repairs. I was really upset because of it and talked about that with my close friends. They told me that it was so silly not to insure my car, so I visited www.general.com. After that I did it and now I`m not afraid that something will happen with my car cause I won`t lose money.

Last edited by Greg; 02-01-2019 at 07:33 AM.
post #58 of 64 Old 01-27-2020, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Seeking others with similar issue with LED lights. My father has a 2015 K900 purchased brand new. Vehicle has less that 27000 miles and is in pristine condition (garage kept). However approximately three months ago as described from previous post the low beam LED headlights are stuck pointing down at the ground. He's taken the car to the dealership where purchased in Columbia, SC - they at first stated they fixed the problem by adjusting them. Long story short, after multiple trips to dealership they now say they've done all they can do and he is to call Kia. Kia states, dealership reported issue fixed; they recommend he take the car back to the dealership. Now he has a car he can only drive in daytime!
post #59 of 64 Old 01-28-2020, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Garage

Look on ebay. From time to time there are led headlights for K900 listed for a good price. Might as well replace both of them, I've seen them for as low as $400.00
post #60 of 64 Old 01-28-2020, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWD29153 View Post
Seeking others with similar issue with LED lights. My father has a 2015 K900 purchased brand new. Vehicle has less that 27000 miles and is in pristine condition (garage kept). However approximately three months ago as described from previous post the low beam LED headlights are stuck pointing down at the ground. He's taken the car to the dealership where purchased in Columbia, SC - they at first stated they fixed the problem by adjusting them. Long story short, after multiple trips to dealership they now say they've done all they can do and he is to call Kia. Kia states, dealership reported issue fixed; they recommend he take the car back to the dealership. Now he has a car he can only drive in daytime!
My dealer performed either a headlight recall or service bulletin repair a couple years ago. Mine is also a 2015. Check online for recalls and bulletins...
https://www.carcomplaints.com/Kia/K900/2015/tsbs/

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page