LED Headlights - Page 5 - Kia K900 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 64 Old 12-08-2018, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Status Update: I contacted KIA and the topic was effectively followed up by a representative named Linda. She called me up twice, was professional and helpful - So kudos to KIA.
Demontrond KIA in Houston repaired the headlights under warranty - It took a couple of tries because one of the replacement LED's itself was inoperable so a week delay waiting for yet another one. Both are working great now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20181206_221401.jpg (123.5 KB, 8 views)
post #42 of 64 Old 12-09-2018, 01:26 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)

Great--glad to hear it! I think headlight problems are something we all dread the possibility of dealing with.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #43 of 64 Old 12-09-2018, 03:47 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionk9 View Post
Status Update: I contacted KIA and the topic was effectively followed up by a representative named Linda. She called me up twice, was professional and helpful - So kudos to KIA.
Demontrond KIA in Houston repaired the headlights under warranty - It took a couple of tries because one of the replacement LED's itself was inoperable so a week delay waiting for yet another one. Both are working great now.
Interesting! would you share what they did to correct the issue? I am presuming it was the issue of uneven level between right and left as you had posted previously? I was told mine was normal though they did some small adjustments; but my driver's side is definitely lower than the passenger side when viewed from inside at night.
Did it require adjustments or replacements; any more details would be appreciated, thanks!

and, congrats; it looks nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 64 Old 12-09-2018, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
Interesting! would you share what they did to correct the issue? I am presuming it was the issue of uneven level between right and left as you had posted previously? I was told mine was normal though they did some small adjustments; but my driver's side is definitely lower than the passenger side when viewed from inside at night.
Did it require adjustments or replacements; any more details would be appreciated, thanks!

and, congrats; it looks nice!
The fix was to completely replace with new Units.. mine were pointing down and were not adjusting, you should see them move around when starting the car. This I learned after they were fixed. if you have the same problem, call KIA customer service. This is a real safety concern. I literally could not see speed and safety signs until I was 3 ft from them.
post #45 of 64 Old 12-09-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionk9 View Post
The fix was to completely replace with new Units.. mine were pointing down and were not adjusting, you should see them move around when starting the car. This I learned after they were fixed. if you have the same problem, call KIA customer service. This is a real safety concern. I literally could not see speed and safety signs until I was 3 ft from them.
mine do move and adjust at start up and also perform adaptively so guess I'm good. thanks for the info and reply!
post #46 of 64 Old 12-10-2018, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Orionk9, I'm glad the issue was resolved! Dave H, the driver's side headlight cutoff will usually be aimed slightly lower than the passenger side headlight. This is normal and helps prevent blinding drivers of oncoming vehicles.
post #47 of 64 Old 12-11-2018, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
Orionk9, I'm glad the issue was resolved! Dave H, the driver's side headlight cutoff will usually be aimed slightly lower than the passenger side headlight. This is normal and helps prevent blinding drivers of oncoming vehicles.
thank you Zathras for that info; it's exactly what mine does and good to get confirmation!
post #48 of 64 Old 01-05-2019, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Has anyone here tried to change the headlights themselves?

I'm close to purchasing a 2015 K900, but the headlight issues scare the heck out of me. I've seen the headlights going for $400 - $700 on eBay but I don't know how difficult it would be to install them.

Also - would anyone know if a headlight breaks (the motor portion that seems to fail), if you bought a replacement headlight that was a HID/Xenon, could you use the LED portion of the one with the failed motor and transfer it to the replacement one?

Deciding between Hyundai Equus and K900 and I wouldn't hesitate to get the K900 if it wasn't for the headlight issues.

Thanks!!!

Kent
post #49 of 64 Old 01-07-2019, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Khoop, I have not tried to change my headlights as mine have been trouble free so far. However, you can get the Kia shop manuals online (you do have to pay, unfortunately), and I can't imagine they would be too difficult for someone mechanically inclined.

The Equus has it's vulerabilities too, just google "Equus air suspension". Don't let the headlight issue scare you off. Like any other vehicle issues reported on the internet, it appears more prevalent than it actually is. The K900 is a great car. So is the Equus for that matter. Either is more likely to be trouble free than anything comparable from the Germans.
post #50 of 64 Old 01-08-2019, 04:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
However, you can get the Kia shop manuals online (you do have to pay, unfortunately)

Do you know of a reputable site to get the shop manual for this car?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page