LED Headlights - Page 4 - Kia K900 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 64 Old 01-28-2016, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage

Actually looks very legit. Garden Grove is about an hour from us. Looks like a used OEM headlight.

Click below to view all of the products we carry for the Kia K900:

Kia K900 Product Collection - K5 Optima Store
post #32 of 64 Old 01-09-2017, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

So maybe the complaints on the K900 are real. Sunday night - December 18th - my car died, but before it died, it said my gas tank was empty, but I had just put more than a half tank of gas in it a few hours earlier and parked it.

Well, Kia Roadside service had a tow truck (who apparently they didn't vet) pick up my K900 under the premise that they would tow it to my K900 dealership on Monday. The car wasn't delivered on Monday. Kia doesn't know why. And here it is Tuesday, the tow company still haven't delivered my car to the dealership. The tow company (again, who Kia Roadside Service sent out) hasn't returned Kia calls or my calls. Kia tried to send another tow truck (different company) to the first tow truck location, but the original tow truck people never showed up at the location to unlock the gates where my car is located (and give them the remote key).

And here's another thing, the first tow company said my car was being kept inside a garage, but second tow truck driver (from the second company) said he could see my car outside covered with snow and filth. Again, Kia picked this first tow truck company, not me. So, they finally rescued my car on Wednesday, December 21st, but my car is still with the dealership as of January 9th, 2017. They had to replace the headlight mechanism and now are telling me that they have to put at least 50 miles on it to see make sure the electrical system is operating properly.

And then I think that first tow truck company damaged one or more of my tires areas (he tried to initially tow it by hooking up the truck to drag it by the rear wheels - I caught him in a knick of time I think). Kia said they will fix everything but I'm really frustrated at this point that it's been almost a month, I'm paying this car note but no K900 to drive. At the same time I don't want it back with those problems again, but it shouldn't have had those problems for a 2015 (haven't been in any accidents or anything). I'm stuck in a uncomfortable Camry rental (couldn't even get a Cadenza or K900 loaner). So, this is life regarding a car I was so high one when I bought it. So Sad and frustrated! I'll keep you all posted.
post #33 of 64 Old 03-26-2018, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Default LED Headlights.

1. Love them. 2. Fear them.
I have 44,000 miles on my 2015 K900 VIP. I drove the car in March of 2014 when it arrived in the states, and purchased it as new in October, 2014.

Since then I have had the full headlight unit replaced under warranty; the right side twice and the left side three times. Why? Because if you hit a pot hole that you failed to see and failed to avoid, BAMMM!! the plastic motor or gear breaks and the low beam drops and it will not rise again.

We have pot holes in Texas that makes Detroit's pot holes look like nothing at all. Major holes from road construction, old road surfaces, and what all.

I am worried about what to do when I hit 60,000 miles and no longer have warranty coverage on the headlight motors. Very poor design, good function, but not thought out well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 64 Old 03-27-2018, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifer View Post
I am worried about what to do when I hit 60,000 miles and no longer have warranty coverage on the headlight motors.
Two options really: 1) Buy an extended warranty or 2) Sell the car before it hits 60k

These cars fall into the same category as Benz and Range Rovers - too risky to own without a warranty.

2015 K900 - Black on Black, VIP package
post #35 of 64 Old 09-18-2018, 12:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I disagree with the Benz/Range comment. People drive the cars expecting to put very little $ into maintenance and repairs, and still expect supreme reliability. It doesnít happen like that. Even Lexusí cars need t be taken care of.
KIA has attained a level of quality and reliability that Range Rover has never achieved. Perhaps certain component quality hasnít met the mark, but overall KIA is much MUCH more reliable and less needy than those European companies. My K900 is under bumper to bumper for 7 more years, and I truly believe it will age much better than a Range Rover.
I expect it to age better than my E39 BMW wagon I traded when I got my K900.
Iím not scared of this car out of warranty.
A 7 Series BMW, like the 750iL... now THAT would scare me.
post #36 of 64 Old 10-21-2018, 01:41 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Question? I noticed while driving at night that the headlights were illuminating the ground in a weird pattern. It is stair stepped and not symmetric. Is anyone else experiencing this anomaly?

Is this indicative of a broken headlight? Thanks..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181020_232016.jpg (150.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20181020_231933.jpg (245.1 KB, 18 views)
post #37 of 64 Old 10-21-2018, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionk9 View Post
Question? I noticed while driving at night that the headlights were illuminating the ground in a weird pattern. It is stair stepped and not symmetric. Is anyone else experiencing this anomaly?

Is this indicative of a broken headlight? Thanks..

Don't think it's broken. My 2015 is same; inside looking forward the driver's side seems a bit lower than the pass. side. Dealer has examined it properly a couple times and verified it is fine. The up/down and side to side work just as designed; I think it maybe a difference in appearance due to curvature of the car front end and the individual leds comprising the 'headlight' itself.

When I am facing my garage door up close the lights appear to shine at the exact same level. Could just be the oddity of the design?
post #38 of 64 Old 10-21-2018, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

This is normal. Driver side head lamp aims slightly lower than passenger side. I've had a few cars w/ HID (and now this Kia w/ LED) headlamps that have autoleveling feature. They all do that.
post #39 of 64 Old 11-01-2018, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I had the exact same issue, I hit a huge pothole and both of my headlights dropped and never raised again, took it to the dealer and they refuse to fix it under warranty, was told someone had tampered with it, this was a lie and now I don't know what to do... any suggestions?
post #40 of 64 Old 11-29-2018, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I'd suggest going to a different dealer. If that isn't feasible, contact Kia corporate and keep pushing.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page