leather care - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-30-2018, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Default leather care

So, what is everybody using on their leather, particularly white? I've always used liquid treatments, but I don't think that will work on the K900 on account of the ventilation perforations.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #2 of 6 Old 09-30-2018, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage

I used ZAINO liquid cleaner and ZAINO treatment/conditioner. After 56000 miles, white interior, still looked like new.
Don't pour on to seats, put on a cloth and wipe. Old T shirt works really well. Doesn't take that much, just a light rubbing
so it is damp not soaking wet. T shirt will suck any liquid out of perforations.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-30-2018, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I got myself a steam machine and it's really good to clean the leather of my cars. I also use Lexol 1112 and 1013 for cleaning/conditioning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-01-2018, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I use Leatherique Pristine Clean and Rejuvenator once or twice per year as a deep clean.
Frequent maintenance, I use either Pristine Clean or Griotís Leather spray (not the 3 in 1).

I have also recently found out that Fiebingís 4 way leather product is formulated similarly to the Leatherique product. I have some and am testing. It even smells the same. Initial results are VERY positive.

As with any perforated leathers, itís best to apply product to the rag instead of spraying directly onto the leather. Getting a high quality product like the aforementioned into the holes is good for the leather, but too much could have adverse effects.

As for rags... the package of yellow micro fiber rags at Costco has been my go-to for many years.

*steam is a great cleaner as well, but usually best for deep cleaning done at more infrequent intervals. I have never had great results with Lexol products, although I do know many people swear by them.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-04-2018, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

All interesting ideas. I've used Leatherique before. I'd never heard of steam cleaning leather, though--would that only be for perforated? I can't imagine pushing steam against a regular flat leather surface would do much.

And what about the dash, doors, etc.? There's more leather in this car than any one I ever had before. You are not sitting on and wearing those surfaces, of course, but they do get exposed to sun, high temps, etc. How much care do they need?

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #6 of 6 Old 10-07-2018, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

This is a good video going over different techniques, including steam cleaning it:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page