Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Default K900 sales going...

Kia K900 US sales to date:

Year Units
2014 1,330
2015 2,524
2016 834
2017 34 YTD Jan. To give this context, 68 sales took place in Jan'16.

Folks, we are driving a rare specimen. And getting rarer...
post #2 of 5 Old 02-04-2017, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Well is not like Kia does any type of marketing on the K900.

2015 KIA K900 V6 Luxury White
post #3 of 5 Old 02-05-2017, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Marketing will help. Any publicity is better than no publicity. They did when the car 1st came out w/ LeBron James.

But fundamentally US customers prefer premium dealership when shopping for premium brands (or cars that command premium prices like the K900 and to a certain extent the Cadenza). It is awkward to mix a car that retails between high 50s to high 60s $k along w/ models selling for $15-$30k. Just doesn't work, LeBron or not.

1st it was Acura, then Infiniti and Lexus and now Genesis. Without a separate premium dealership AND new name they won't be able to sell much K900s, Cadenzas or any Kia >$40k for that matter.

Sad as the K900 is otherwise a great car, and you hardly see another one on the road. Probably easier to spot a Rolls or Bentley than a K900. If one replaces KIA w/ the Korean market K-badge, most folks won't even recognize the car for what it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-08-2017, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Well, bought my 2015 K900 in October of 2016. It stop moving the Sunday before Xmas. Kia has had it and done some repairs, but it hasn't gotten the car to operate properly. Now they tell me they have to order a part from S. Korea to fix the problem. What's the earliest eta for this part you make ask? It's April 22, 2017. Kia would have had my car longer than I had it to drive. They haven't really been forthcoming in details on what the problem is. They won't offer some other vehicle for exchange (at this moment they say). Yes, after a month and a half they put me in a loaner (that's another long story), but it's nowhere on the level of my K900. To say lesson learned is an understatement. They been leery about talking about giving me some goodwill for this trouble. They say I have to wait until I get my back before they start those discussions (if anything). This is suppose to be the car and service on the level of BMW and Mercedes, uhn? How I was spoken to by one of the agents who was suppose to be helping me is another story I'll tell another time. Now I just have to wait and hope that another two months from now the problem is fixed. Something to think about indeed.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-10-2017, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Personally, I like the fact that I don't see this car on the road so much. Makes you stand out more. I also plan on removing emblem for Korean logo to bring more curiosity to the K900. Otherwise going back to cars like Toyota Camry's where everyone has one, including many Taxi services, i think that dilutes the attractiveness of a car. but our K900? They look nice and not many of them on the road! This seems like a win win to me especially if there are no known major issues with our cars. I owned a couple BMW's..it was not worth holding on to them for the long haul JUST to get props over the name. Took a chance with K900. Aggressive enough, attractive enough. Sold!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page