2Likes
  • 2 Post By promethus7

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-20-2020, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Default k900- good car for children?

I have some questions about the k900 and small children in the back seat. Can you lock the back control system so the child can't just press buttons? spilling drinks on the rear control system? and can you lock the rear control system in the up position so the child can't even get to the buttons?
post #2 of 4 Old 05-20-2020, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)

Interesting question! I don't have kids back there myself, so I hadn't thought of it. You can lock the windows out as on most cars, and I believe I saw a choice in the menus somewhere to disable the rear seat controls, but I can't find it in the manual. Maybe my memory is faulty here.

The center armrest locks in the up position when a door is open (strange--do not know why), but I don't think there's any other way to lock it.

I would also think you would have to worry about the kiddies playing with the sunshades and seat controls. And you wouldn't want the white leather, for sure!

Though on the upside, there is plenty of room back there.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #3 of 4 Old 05-21-2020, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkate6 View Post
I have some questions about the k900 and small children in the back seat. Can you lock the back control system so the child can't just press buttons? spilling drinks on the rear control system? and can you lock the rear control system in the up position so the child can't even get to the buttons?
So yes and no. Yes= there is the standard window lock button on the driver's side door like every other car. Yes there is a feature to lock the back controls on the Armrest. If I remember correctly, it is 2 screens deep in the infotainment.

No= There is a giant button titled "lock" right in the middle of the Armrest. If your kids can read, they can press the button and it returns full functionally of the Armrest. If you have little kids I guarantee the first thing they will do is crank your volume up to 50. Alternatively, you can just put the armrest up so they never see all the "shiny" buttons to push. I guess that particular feature plays well in the Korean market where this car is focused.

My 2 kids are 14, I told them the first one of them that touches a button gets their phone locked for 48hrs. Ain't had a problem yet.
Dave H and Kia-Driver like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-28-2020, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Good for you! I would of said the first one that touches a button gets their phone tossed out the window and will have to wash the K900 when we get home!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page