K900 Dashboard Delamination - Page 2 - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 09-21-2018, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I just purchased a used 2015 k900 and instantly noticed the dash buckling up, right in front of the driver.. Car was purchased from Carmax in Houston north. It took a week for the local KIA dealer to get approval from South Korea to fix it. If they did not choose to fix I would have returned the car. I'm currently waiting for parts to come in. Also of note is that the adaptive head rests have deployed and require replacement. This is what the term bumper-to-bumper means when a manufacturer backs their produts . These are not inexpensive repairs, specifically for labor on the dash and parts on the headrest. Moreover, the K900's purpose in the lineup is to change hearts and minds. Rethink the viability of KIA as a player in the LUX field. This is what you have to do if you want to change hearts and minds. Fix all these things and make customers praise your efforts.
P.
post #12 of 15 Old 09-22-2018, 01:24 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionk9 View Post
I just purchased a used 2015 k900 and instantly noticed the dash buckling up, right in front of the driver.. Car was purchased from Carmax in Houston north. It took a week for the local KIA dealer to get approval from South Korea to fix it. If they did not choose to fix I would have returned the car. I'm currently waiting for parts to come in. Also of note is that the adaptive head rests have deployed and require replacement. This is what the term bumper-to-bumper means when a manufacturer backs their produts . These are not inexpensive repairs, specifically for labor on the dash and parts on the headrest. Moreover, the K900's purpose in the lineup is to change hearts and minds. Rethink the viability of KIA as a player in the LUX field. This is what you have to do if you want to change hearts and minds. Fix all these things and make customers praise your efforts.
P.
yes, KIA has much to learn regarding their support and repair of luxury models. We all know their dealers need to greatly ramp up their skill set, and more importantly, their mind set.

I can understand a defect occuring such as the dash pad top issues; no doubt some kind of improper underlaying foam or structure. But, I don't understand how a defect can cause both adaptive head rests to have deployed without some sort of severe impact or event. Did the dealer, or more importantly KIA corporate, have any info as to what would cause their deployment?

These are great cars in the used car market; no other meets the equipment, options, styling, and overall satisfaction in driving, especially for the price. I hope there is a simple explanation and reason for those head rests to have deployed if not from an impact. I'd surely contact KIA corporate to question why they did.

Carmax is pretty good these days I believe in backing up their vehicles if hidden issues are discovered.

Very curious to hear a potential cause for the head rests; the dash issue is somewhat unusual, but not impossible to have missed being found during design and testing.

Please post your outcome; thanks!
post #13 of 15 Old 01-16-2020, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

New room for the discussion is changed for the team. The notification of the https://awriter.org/writemyessays-net-review/ is held for humans. Customary look is issued for the field. The order is dumped for the field. The change is ousted for humans. The stuff is inner for the field of the options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 Old 02-14-2020, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I had the same experience, almost word for word.
post #15 of 15 Old 07-29-2020, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionk9 View Post
P.
I know this is an older post but what was the explanation given about the Headrests...?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page