1Likes
  • 1 Post By K9Intender

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-21-2021, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Default K900 2015 VIP Rear Arm Rest

The rear seat arm rest seems to be jammed or stuck. Pulling on the handle does not free the arm rest to come down. I have checked the drink holder mechanism to ensure it was fully collapsed and seated, and checked under the center head rest to see if there was any blockage. There does not appear to have any thing causing the resistance.

I took a plastic flat trim tool I had and worked into the top of the arm rest and finally freed it so it would rotate down. I checked the cavity where it is stored, the drink holder, all around the armrest and found nothing unusual. I removed the center head rest before putting it back up, and then returned the armrest slowly to the upright position on the seat cavity. Smooth. Then tried to drop it down and stuck again. Help. Any ideas?
post #2 of 3 Old 09-29-2021, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)

I was stuck on this too! By trial and error, I found out that the armrest is locked in the up position when either rear door is open. Shut the door and you can bring it right down.

No idea why they designed it like this! Cannot think of a single reason. But as I like to say, the K goes its own way.
Kia-Driver likes this.

2016 V8 VIP+, black with white interior
post #3 of 3 Old 10-07-2021, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Thanks for the answer, but it seem it may be incorrect. I went out and tried to drop the rear armrest with the rear door open and after two tugs it dropped down. I cycled it a few times and it worked, although sometimes I had to tug a bit. I then climbed in and sat in the seat and closed the door. I repeated what I did before and it was the same. A good tug and walah, the armrest dropped down correctly. But thanks for the info anyway.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page