How Far Has your K900 gone, Roadtrips - Kia K900 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-14-2016, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Default How Far Has your K900 gone, Roadtrips

The first K900 I saw on the road was during a road trip from Seattle, Washington to Phoenix, Arizona during the summer of 2014 though Nevada. The family was heading to visit my parents and we were in my 2014 Sorento SLX and it was almost if were were passing each other all the time.

My wife was commenting on how great it must be, at the time she had a '14 Cadenza.

Well maybe if we did not have 3 teanagers with us in the car and not towing a trailer as were were then.

Now that we have a K900 and the teenagers really do not want to go anywhere with the old people we can not wait to get on the road. Personally I feel the K900 was build for the open road. It's not the type of car one buys for fuel economy, that is what I changed my Sorento for a Soul EV for, no gas use at all there.

We are planning to head to a our first, short, road trip just from Everett, near Seattle to Portland but am really looking forward to do that trip to Arizona again.

I read some posts of members that have gone on longer trips and would like to hear what you think, fuel economy, comfort, would it be worth my time to look into a custom trailer hitch? I know the manual recommends against towing. I only tow a small sports utility trailer that is about 1,600 lbs, I can tow it behind a '06 Subaru Baja (now the teenager's car) I do not think the K900 would even notice it.
post #2 of 6 Old 01-16-2016, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage

I can't find anyone who has a trailer hitch for the K900.
Really hoping that execuhitch.com gets one ready for the
K900. pretty cool hitch.
uhaul says it might be 8 to 9 moths yet.
I'm on a trip right now Glendale ,AZ to Salisbury ,nc.
on our way home now. Will let you know my thoughts
on the trip in a couple of days.
Got 26.4mpg going from AZ to NC by way of 17 to
flagstaff then rt.40
Coming back only in to Texas now by way of rt.20 and
rt. 10, only getting 25.7 at this point.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-16-2016, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Was caught in a lot of traffic through Olympia so mpg will not show great but Adaptive Cruise Control worked great. It was difficult it not to break but all the way through be tween 20 mph to 60 the car did it itself. The only adjustments I made was to be closer or further from the car in front of me.

That was great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-18-2016, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage

I'd be the first to say we did not get the K900 for fuel consumption, it was for comfort and power but 24.7 is not to bad. Trip from Everett, 20 minutes north of Seattle, Wa to Portland Or and back on a single tank of gas and what a ride it was.

So looking at the numbers that would make it almost 400 miles on a single tank in mixed traffic, speeds ranging from 50 to 78 mph.

It will never be my daily commuter but how I look forward to putting the long miles on.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-18-2016, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Last year made the same trip with the cadenza and got 27.1 miles per gallon going
26.4 with the K900 which is a lot better than I expected. speed limit 75 most of the way
I set cruse for 80, not much city driving, that really hurts the mpg's
Sorry Cadenza but this K900 has it beat all to **** on a trip like this, and I liked the Cadenza
Still have a cadenza and the K900 is my wife's car. After driving the K900 on this trip
Then coming back to the Cadenza, you really see what a difference there is
So nice to drive and great comfort
post #6 of 6 Old 02-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Default trailer hitch

U HAUL says they will build a custom trailer hitch and you
might even get one for free if you let them use your car for a prototype. You can ask them what a custom trailer hitch will cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptrs View Post
The first K900 I saw on the road was during a road trip from Seattle, Washington to Phoenix, Arizona during the summer of 2014 though Nevada. The family was heading to visit my parents and we were in my 2014 Sorento SLX and it was almost if were were passing each other all the time.

My wife was commenting on how great it must be, at the time she had a '14 Cadenza.

Well maybe if we did not have 3 teanagers with us in the car and not towing a trailer as were were then.

Now that we have a K900 and the teenagers really do not want to go anywhere with the old people we can not wait to get on the road. Personally I feel the K900 was build for the open road. It's not the type of car one buys for fuel economy, that is what I changed my Sorento for a Soul EV for, no gas use at all there.

We are planning to head to a our first, short, road trip just from Everett, near Seattle to Portland but am really looking forward to do that trip to Arizona again.

I read some posts of members that have gone on longer trips and would like to hear what you think, fuel economy, comfort, would it be worth my time to look into a custom trailer hitch? I know the manual recommends against towing. I only tow a small sports utility trailer that is about 1,600 lbs, I can tow it behind a '06 Subaru Baja (now the teenager's car) I do not think the K900 would even notice it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page