LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-23-2016, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
Default KIA SOUL as loaner

Yes we got a KIA SOUL as a loaner when taking the K900 in for service.
Not because that is what they give but what we ask for.
Going to be Monday before a sensor arrives and they tried to
give us a cadenza. Our daughter is thinking about a kia soul.
What better way to try it out, having it for a weekend beats taking a short drive.
It is an upscale version and boy does it have a lot of stuff in it. Rides a little hard for me but about like our Optima did. To small for me after the K900. Way to much noise, but it is a small car.
Yellow with black interior, nice car for a girl to get back and forth to work. I'd like to see her get the soul ev, or wait for the 2017 niro
most of her driving being in town.
post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2016, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage

Hello Gene,

My wife did the same when the K9 was in the shop, although she wanted to test drive the Soul because I have the Soul EV+ that I use to go to work and wanted to see how it drives before learning the EV driving. Once your daughter and you have driven the Soul and before you decide I highly recommend to take the Soul EV for a test drive,it drives very different that the gas cuisine. Due to the additional weight of the battery between the wheels it is much more sure footed and curves much better. Even being electric I found it has much more torque and there is no engine vibration or gear shifting. The Soul EV plus also has heated and cooled seat, front and rear parking assist sensors.

It is not the K9 although its nice to only stop in a gas station for air.

For someone starting with a car as well there is almost no maintenance other than rotating the tires and filling the washer fluid. I hardly clean the break dust off the rims since you use the breaks so little because of the regenerative braking that helps to extend your range.

The sale staff at the dealership commented on the fact that we have the most fuel efficient and the least fuel efficient KIA models in our driveway. I see it as our way to balance the force.

If you have any questions let me know, I love both our cars they are the best of both worlds.

Ptrs
Current KIA's: '15 K9, '16 Soul EV
post #3 of 4 Old 04-25-2016, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage

Thanks for the feed back, hope she will listen.
You may know about kids, they never listen to us old farts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-25-2016, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Thanks for the feed back, hope she will listen.
You may know about kids, they never listen to us old farts.
Welcome and so true, especially if we start talking about savings and maintenance costs how much better their lives would be if they only listened to us.

Sadly I was the same when my father told me not to purchase a 30 year old pickup truck in college.

Just have her take the gas Soul for a drive and then the EV, it speaks volumes by itself. If she likes the gas Soul, he will love the EV. If it is the range that most people are worried about there are a couple forums out there that owners around the country take part in.

I highly recommend looking at a lease over purchase, PM me with any questions.

Ptrs
Current KIA's: '15 K9, '16 Soul EV

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page